The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

it pretty much boils down to rogan being upset that SAS called his buddy cerrone a quitter
SAS was doing his schtick and rogan was not playing along
espn can't wait to put these two together :lol: i for one thought it was entertaining/cringe

That was a nasty KO. Didn’t land clean, but that power is something else. Was good to see him take it to the ground in the first round too. Good win for Pico.

That was a nasty KO. Didn’t land clean, but that power is something else. Was good to see him take it to the ground in the first round too. Good win for Pico.
He was flowing between striking and wrestling. Blocking most power shots as well and keeping his hands up. Defensively is where I wanted to see improvement, his awareness and IQ were terrible in his last two fights

RDA continues to be a gatekeeper. Looks like he's pretty much cemented there now

Chisea mentions he wants Covington next and storms out of the cage 😂 don't know how effective that'll be but definitely unique

RDA continues to be a gatekeeper. Looks like he's pretty much cemented there now

Chisea mentions he wants Covington next and storms out of the cage 😂 don't know how effective that'll be but definitely unique
RDA has so much talent, but fails to execute so often. It’s not even choking. It’s kind of like the old Masvidal, doing well, but never really enough to win.

Stipe not trying to fight DC?

I can’t say I blame Stipe. Cormier made him wait and took the lame Lewis fight. Odds are if Cormier gave him the immediate rematch he would’ve done it too.

is DC even in a rush to get back to the cage for a trilogy? haven't heard much about his plans or his official retirement

Couldn’t be happier for Blaydes. He’s a good dude and a solid fighter.

Hard to believe JDS just turned 35. Dude is younger than me and looks like he could be my dad.

jds still tryna wing that same ol ******** and got blasted :lol: time to hang it up pimp.

it pretty much boils down to rogan being upset that SAS called his buddy cerrone a quitter
SAS was doing his schtick and rogan was not playing along
espn can't wait to put these two together :lol: i for one thought it was entertaining/cringe

Joe was wrong. He literally made negative comments about a 50 year old man’s video hitting mitts. There were jokes bout penises and then he said he has no business making comments about MMA. Josh Thompson said Stephen A didn’t have an athletic bone in his body. Meanwhile Stephen A played basketball through college. Then we ignore this mans journalism degree, resume in covering basketball (where he made his name), boxing, football, etc. Yes, he’s an on-air personality. Why wouldn’t ESPN and UFC bring him in to add more name value to event? Then they don’t know Stephan A and have no idea if it’s Shtick or he’s really like his on air personality.

Just comes across as ignorant. Especially since his platform is based on his dumb self bringing more intelligent and more credible folks to discuss atopic.

Don’t have a dog in the fight. But Joes stupid commentary sometimes. The alien talk. Having Eddie Bravo, Brendan Schaub.

Last edited:
I’m honestly confused what happened with the SAS thing. Was he just upset that the fight didn’t go longer and said Cowboy quit? That’s what it sounds like to me.

I’m honestly confused what happened with the SAS thing. Was he just upset that the fight didn’t go longer and said Cowboy quit? That’s what it sounds like to me.
Basically. Stephen A also saying he didn't learn anything from the fight or that Conor would now be ready for Khabib. I think it's just the way he came off that rubbed Joe wrong. Imo SAS made some decent points but was a bit out of his depth, also think Rogan clearly overreacted and even he knows deep down it was a terrible showing by Cowboy. Hes clearly sticking up for Cowboy but for him to say what he said on his Pod with Josh Thomson was just disrespectful. Really interested to see if they ever interact on air again.

Last edited:
We going to pretend the former Fear Factor and News Radio guy weren’t the reasons UFC hired him as color? So why get upset if the biggest sports platform in the world didn’t want to include its biggest personality as part of its coverage of one of the biggest PPVs of the year?
SAS was tone deaf with his comments.

But the juvenile comments and dedicating 20 minutes of his podcast was unnecessary. Just say I didn’t agree with his Cowboy comments. Just like Conor did.

Congrats to Cyborg. Collecting titles in every major organization she’s been in.

Back
Top Bottom