The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Nah. I think going on your podcast and playing clips of dude hitting mitts terribly in an effort to embarrass him and suggest that he has no place speaking on MMA is pretty disrespectful.

Rogan could’ve handled that way better and taken the high road, much like he took the high road when Colbiy threatened to slap the **** out of him. And I’m sure SAS would’ve been much less defensive in his response as well, and all sides could have come to an understanding rather than playing the social media outrage game and getting all worked up as if to protect Cowboy’s honor. We can agree to disagree though.

I guess what I’m trying to say is SAS did his usual thing and Rogan reacted as I would expect him too. I don’t see the issue really with either guy. So trying to place blame or scold anyone doesn’t seem like the move

Nah. I think going on your podcast and playing clips of dude hitting mitts terribly in an effort to embarrass him and suggest that he has no place speaking on MMA is pretty disrespectful.

Mind you I hadn't really listened to the clips so Im not sure of Joe's language and how he's wording things, but per what VVG was saying, this is how I would expect them to react. SAS having a completely terrible opinion on combat sports and Joe saying he doesn't know WTF he's talking about.
He[SAS] never REALLY has good takes on combat sport. Although slightly better, it's still kind of the same in boxing. And I think we'd be amiss to make it seem he doesn't have terrible takes for basketball, football, and baseball too. Just not nearly as often.

That said, Joe is a comedian first and a sport commentor second. one personality does that kind of thing to the other all the time. It's the entire reason we have shows like Undisputed and Around the Horn.
It's one thing to make fun of his mit work and say his opinion is off base. It's another thing entirely for the community as a whole to be in this crusade to defame him and his opinion. It's truly blown up more than it should be, especially on the MMA side of things.

Rogan being disrespectful isn’t anything new though. This isn’t a new dimension he’s showing

He took the high road with Colby because he knows real trouble probably could have came his way

He called cyborg a man

Roasting people is a part of his shtick. I think the cyborg thing was terrible but this SAS issue is par for the course. I guess I don’t see the big deal on his end nor is it surprising

Bold statement. Lol

I would like to say jones finishes him in the later rounds via ground and pound, similar to how he did alex.

gonna stand and trade a lil bit, make reyes feel comfortable and confident, give reyes a false sense of hope that he belong in there with him and then just take him down whenever he get comfortable....

Well i hope, should have done the same with santos but jones like to play with his food sometimes.....

we shall see

Nah I’m bull****tin, probably Jones by decision.

Reyes has the height and enough power to maybe make Jones cautious though. And he’s confident and undefeated. And Jones is getting older and didn’t look great against Santos.

But all that said, I’m not about to put money down on Reyes. Hopefully he can make it interesting

Holly
giphy.gif

Usman and Jorge doing their part to hype their fight on press row today... Usman stays trying too hard

Also, Ari Schaffir acting like he wanted all that smoke for the Kobe vid and tweet, sent out a douchey apology note but also took off comments and made his twitter private... such a beta move

Conor going to waste the moment he had to call out jorge and hype up a BMF fight

Looks like this Usman and Jorge fight will be next

Also, Ari Schaffir acting like he wanted all that smoke for the Kobe vid and tweet, sent out a douchey apology note but also took off comments and made his twitter private... such a beta move

he's not sorry about the comments, just upset that his pockets are going to affected. good luck trying to get bookings. maybe, rogan will still have him on

turning into wwf :lol:

nate diaz chiming in :lol:
SAS got the mma universe responding to his hot take

Last edited:
Conor going to waste the moment he had to call out jorge and hype up a BMF fight

Looks like this Usman and Jorge fight will be next
Feel like he's either confused about who to set his sights on or he's just waiting to see if Tony falls out of that Khabib fight

He's usually pretty emphatic about his plans

Either way, he and Jorge seem to be keeping their options open. Jorge told Ariel 5 min after his altercation with Usman that Nick Diaz' manager called him trying to set up a fight

Single holly :evil:

usually not into fit *** broads but something about holly, i think its the freckles and that CRAZY LONG *** HAIR

• Sad
Reactions: OTG
conor wants jorge to beat usman so he can fight for the actual 170 title, not this bmf nonsense that only a clown like dana white would think is a good idea

its all about those "easy" (favorable) matchups, no one thinks he stands a better chance against usman than khabib

conor wants jorge to beat usman so he can fight for the actual 170 title, not this bmf nonsense that only a clown like dana white would think is a good idea

its all about those "easy" (favorable) matchups, no one thinks he stands a better chance against usman than khabib
I mean, Dana White is steadfastly dead set on having Conor fight Khabib next. So, if that's an easy favorable matchup then idk

Back
Top Bottom