The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

He was definitely an active member in this and the NBA thread. I occasionally go in there. But I appreciated he sharing the news or his takes. He definitely had an enthusiasm for the sport I found as kindred.

I hope it’s just a break from the internet and he’s doing well and enjoying the summer months.

Izzy is so underappreciated. I saw a Reddit post about who had the better striking back in their kick boxing days, Alex or Izzy. Izzy used to be such an amazing striker. At this level and with all of the wrinkles in the MMA game, you can understand why he fights the way he does...even if it's disappointing.

I found a replay of the Nate-Jorge fight on Sat night and it was a very tough match to score. Diaz had the volume but Mas had the more powerful shots. While I'm no expert on boxing scoring I'd have given the slight edge to Mas but don't think it was a robbery either.

Money Moicano surprised me when he came back from that pointless walk off by Turner. He got a lil dawg in him and will need it to fight BSD. Nice main event…

Really looking forward to this one but kinda surprising it's the main event. Guess Gane still busy getting his acting on.

Brandon Allen saying he accepted a fight against imavov on this card but wont take it now knowing he’s not main event is hilarious. Dude brings up the last 3 cards he’s been main event but neglects to realize they all been apex fights, I don’t know who is managing these fighters but being on the ufc good side doesn’t involve playing hard ball when you have no value.

Izzy is so underappreciated. I saw a Reddit post about who had the better striking back in their kick boxing days, Alex or Izzy. Izzy used to be such an amazing striker. At this level and with all of the wrinkles in the MMA game, you can understand why he fights the way he does...even if it's disappointing.

The second guy he Koed in that clip has since become one of Adesanyas main training partners at CKB. Crazy

With the benefit of hindsight, Mark Coleman’s victory in the 2000 Grand Prix seems less and less impressive. I remember being in awe after watching the GP part of The Smashing Machine.

But when you actually watch the tournament, it’s not that great

He gets a tomato can in the first round.

Then he fights Fujita in the second round after Fujita blew his knee out against Mark Kerr. Fajita’s corner threw in the towel just seconds into the fight.

Then he fights Vochanchyn in the finals and it’s an incredibly boring fight, until the very end when he gets the north/south position and finishes him with knees.

…feel free to disagree.

This is what happens when you fight tournament style, multiple fights in one night.

It become a war of attrition not necessarily skill.

Gotta be TOUGH as nails, skills didn't necessarily pay the bills back then like they do now.

Back
Top Bottom