The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Izzy not getting love and booed in Aus is ridic but can't say I'm too surprised. Tuivasa did get a great pop which you love to see though. Izzy would likely get a great pop if they did a UFC Africa card in Nigeria or somewhere over there save for maybe South Africa if he fought DDP, not sure how that would go over but maybe a mix of cheers and boos.

I love Izzy as a fighter and he does seem genuine but his schtick does get very cringey at times which is likely what has held him back from being a true superstar/household name. I mean if Suga gets another KO over the likes of Chito he could become the UFC's biggest star.

Jds vs werdum bare knuckle mma tonight for free

Not boxing but mma— I’m actually curious to see this

Btw they’re both on roids so kinda makes it more spicy

I think even current Conor McGregor is cringey.

In fact I can’t think of an athlete I can tolerate outside of them commenting on their sport. When it’s controlled then less is more. But instead we have to hear about Suga’s open marriage, Strickland’s political beliefs and homophobia, or the right wing rhetoric of a Colby Covington.

Izzy is no more or less cringe than any fighter in UFC. He just gets the mic in his face due to his popularity and holding the title.

I haven’t seen pics of them but I heard USADA wouldn’t even need to take blood or urine samples. Your legally blind grand mother would be able to fail them on PEDs.

See it's on YT so probably give it a look sometime over the weekend for ish and giggles. Just hope its a decent fight and they don't look old and washed. Juiced to the gills though?!?!

I think even current Conor McGregor is cringey.

In fact I can’t think of an athlete I can tolerate outside of them commenting on their sport. When it’s controlled then less is more. But instead we have to hear about Suga’s open marriage, Strickland’s political beliefs and homophobia, or the right wing rhetoric of a Colby Covington.

Izzy is no more or less cringe than any fighter in UFC. He just gets the mic in his face due to his popularity and holding the title.
Come on bro...pretending to be a dog urinating in the octagon.

Dropping one-liners that reference Disney movies.

Calling white fighters the N-word.

He may not be the most obnoxious fighter in the UFC.

...but these go well beyond the cringe factor of the average fighter.

I don’t disagree with anything you said except for the average fighter comment.

Dricuss clearly ignored apartheid and made galvanizing comments to three African born UFC champions.

Colby made plenty of racially insensitive comments toward Usman and Woodley.

Everything Sean Strickland says is offensive.

Henry Cejudo has made wild comments. Suga Sean has made wild comments.

Roses crazy Xenophobic comments towards Weili. Jon Jones threatened to kill DC.

Rampage is going to return to the cage to fight someone who he gave an offensive Nick name to.

My point is the difference between Izzy and the average fighter is microphone time. The average fighter has less.

None of these folks should be given long air time. I respect their courage to enter the cage/ring and their skill/martial arts expertise but these folks come from seriously terrible situations.

the average fighter is average for a reason

If you want to be a star and make money in this crooked business— you will 9 out of 10 times need to have a persona. This includes saying things that certain people find cringe

Doing different things against the norm and having a distinct personality

As far as izzy goes none of that makes him that cringe to me. Someone like O’Malley is way way way more cringe or… Strickland

I don’t disagree with anything you said except for the average fighter comment.

Dricuss clearly ignored apartheid and made galvanizing comments to three African born UFC champions.

Colby made plenty of racially insensitive comments toward Usman and Woodley.

Everything Sean Strickland says is offensive.

Henry Cejudo has made wild comments. Suga Sean has made wild comments.

Roses crazy Xenophobic comments towards Weili. Jon Jones threatened to kill DC.

Rampage is going to return to the cage to fight someone who he gave an offensive Nick name to.

My point is the difference between Izzy and the average fighter is microphone time. The average fighter has less.

None of these folks should be given long air time. I respect their courage to enter the cage/ring and their skill/martial arts expertise but these folks come from seriously terrible situations.
Sean Strickland and Colby Covington aren’t really cringe to me.

They’re just flat out offensive and odious.

Izzy massaging his dog’s balls on camera…that’s cringe.🤮

Also, Max Holloway and Dustin Poirier have had plenty of microphone time and I’ve never felt any cringe factor from them.

Or GSP or Jose Aldo or Fedor or Demetrius Johnson or plenty of other great mma champions.

…but you make some reasonable points.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom