The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Actually think that Will Brooks comparison has some merit, they have the same body and similar style, not a volume or fluid striker

With subtitles.

Jon is wild lol. Timing is everything. He had the opportunity to fight Francis. The three years to look like the good year man is a lame excuse.

I don’t understand why Jones signed that 7/8 fight deal with the ufc within the last year.

The fans are always going to want the Francis/jon fight.

Can’t believe how bad pit bull looked. Was just a weird fight with how tentative and slow he looked in there, especially since pettis was coming off an injury. Also, am I reading it right that bellator next card with aj mckee on it is the same night as the utah ufc card AND Spence/Crawford???

I don’t understand why Jones signed that 7/8 fight deal with the ufc within the last year.

The fans are always going to want the Francis/jon fight.

Can’t believe how bad pit bull looked. Was just a weird fight with how tentative and slow he looked in there, especially since pettis was coming off an injury. Also, am I reading it right that bellator next card with aj mckee on it is the same night as the utah ufc card AND Spence/Crawford???
Yup, but I think it's in Japan so not sure if it will be airing prime time there or they'll accommodate to here. Hopefully the former since it's another Rizin co promotion event and we don't have all 3 events around the same time.

Speaking of under the radar events., there’s a ufc card on rn lol

Silva had zero business fighting Arman but has elite heart.. rocked the hella outta Arman and survived a ton of cte

nobody want to ever fight Arman

Yeah. I wouldn’t mind an Arman islam rematch

Idc about Justin or Dustin like that anymore

Charles deserves it but I think he’ll get worked again

Vettori gotta have the most iron chin I’ve ever seen

I’ve seen him walk thru and take so many punches over his fights. I don’t know how he didn’t get finished tonight.

Don't know how the hell Vetorri saw the final bell. Between this and the Whitaker beating, man's on a fast track to CTE city :sick:

If Whitaker/Du Plessis aren't ready for the quick turn around for Izzy then just throw Jared in there as a body. If they somehow can, then match up Jared/Khamzat in Abu Dhabi for next shot.

Feel bad for Arman. No one at the top will ever fight him. He's going to have to take the Khabib path for his title shot.

Father Time is no joke in combat sports. Slower reflexes, less flexibility, less durability, etc. MMA is a lot more taxing than boxing with having to train multiple disciplines. Makes what Cannonier did last night all the more amazing.

I wouldn’t be mad at Jared versus Khamzat. I don’t want to see Izzy versus Cannonier 2 so soon after their last snoozer. Three wins is fair to possible title shot contention again.

Damn. Obviously everyone knows age plays a factor but 2-28 is an insane stat. Probably something to keep in mind if you like betting on fights.

I actually saw Jorge mention in an interview recently that when he hit 35 he could feel the difference, his reaction time just wasn’t the same. Crazy how consistent it is.

And obviously that stat is talking about the lower weight classes, but it does kind of add some detail to that *** whooping Cannonier just put on Vettori at 39 years old. Power is the last thing to go, and as long as he was pushing the pace he didn’t need to worry too much about reacting to Vettori’s shots. Against a slow mid striker like Vettori power and high output/cardio is all he needed, whereas Izzy would freeze him again and Rob is also too fast and crafty.

That age and reaction time factor is an interesting detail to the styles make fights factor, could make a huge or possibly a minimal difference depending on the guy you’re up against.

I forgot Jared lost to Whitaker. He also never fought Alex. I consider Izzy, Alex, and Whitaker the three lords of 185. The rest of these guys are not worrying Izzy

IMG_3209.jpeg

Nothing is as bad as womens feather weight (which isn’t a real division) or bantam weight. But men MW, LHW and HW are not deep divisions.

Brunson pretty much retired anyway. And costa and Strickland have fights coming up with unranked opponents

I don’t see how the winner of DDP/Whitaker turns around and fights in Sydney.

:/

Should’ve had Costa/Strickland vs Whitaker. DDP fight Izzy.

I’d be mad salty if Khamzat skipped the 185 line. He hasn’t fought in that division in maybe two years and no one in the top 15.

Khamzat can't fight anywhere but Abu Dhabi. I don't believe Dana at all when he says there's no visa issues. It's obvious there's something going on where he can't get in to the US. Man's would travel everywhere to train and now he never leaves Thailand or Sweden.

Khamzat can't fight anywhere but Abu Dhabi. I don't believe Dana at all when he says there's no visa issues. It's obvious there's something going on where he can't get in to the US. Man's would travel everywhere to train and now he never leaves Thailand or Sweden.

Hasn’t he been training in Dubai ? Seen Jalin turner out there training with him.

Has khamzat even been in the US since his last fight?

Back
Top Bottom