The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Why they do Zombie like that. Perhaps Max will go light on him like he did Frankie Edgar.
Didn’t Max ask for the fight?

It’s like a FW legends match? Probably his farewell FW unless Henry moves up. I think the move to 155 would be bad with the killers they have in that division. But fun at the same time.

Was listening to the Ringer MMA show and they were talking about the upcoming Pitbull fight where he's trying to claim a 3rd belt and how under the radar the bout is. Bellator has also done him a disservice by only having it as the co-main event. Bellator has also done such a shhh job of promoting it's not even funny. It still would be very impressive if he beats Pettis tonight but knock of course will be he never fought in the UFC.

I'd also be shocked if Romero beat Nemkov but hopefully he doesn't just look for the counter the whole time like the Izzy fight.

Bellator might just be staying afloat until they sell but at the same time by not enticing people to buy into their product I’m assuming that only drives their price lower

They’ve got a stacked promotion in multiple divisions but they’re the worst promoted

Been saying it for a while now- it’s almost upsetting. A majority of their fighters would be competing and winning in the ufc

Was listening to the Ringer MMA show and they were talking about the upcoming Pitbull fight where he's trying to claim a 3rd belt and how under the radar the bout is. Bellator has also done him a disservice by only having it as the co-main event. Bellator has also done such a shhh job of promoting it's not even funny. It still would be very impressive if he beats Pettis tonight but knock of course will be he never fought in the UFC.

I'd also be shocked if Romero beat Nemkov but hopefully he doesn't just look for the counter the whole time like the Izzy fight.

It’s amazing how little people are talking about what Pitbull is trying to do with that third title. Also I didn’t realize how good Nemkov is. Apparently his first L was his first fight to jiri in rizin where the first round was actually 10 minutes.

Yo the McGregor Miami **** looking like it might have some legs to it...

there's footage of him dragging a broad into the bathroom :nerd:

Bellator has multiple champs who can arguably be the number 1/2 across promotions. Even though Jiri is my guy, Nemkov is easily the best LHW in the world right now.

Man I wish Patricio would've jumped to the UFC during the peak of 145. Always wanted to see him and a prime juiced up Mendes throwing bombs at each other :smh:.

His career and skills deserves a bigger spotlight though. Man's was good enough to beat Aldo and Max during their runs.

Novenyi Jr. is going to be fun watching him develop in Bellator. Trains with MVP at Shooto London but has a very slick bjj game too.

Yo the McGregor Miami **** looking like it might have some legs to it...

there's footage of him dragging a broad into the bathroom :nerd:

Seems like there is footage released by TMZ.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/06/16/video-bathroom-interaction-conor-mcgregor-alleged-rape-victim/

The part about security kidnapping her, etc isn’t reflected in the footage.

Seems like the burden of proof is on her.

As far as Bellator, Bellatoring. Whoever buys it now better make some changes to how they promote their cards or stars. But…the issue is the loss of the Viacom platform. Bellator has more star power than PFL. Tomorrow’s card has Corey Anderson, Phil Davis, Yoel Romero, Nemkov, Sergio Pettis and Patricio. Pitbull who was a champ champ is going for a record third division title. Oh never mind. Ya don’t care. Ya don’t need to watch it. We want to sell our company for a bargain price or chase streaming deals.

As far as Bellator, Bellatoring. Whoever buys it now better make some changes to how they promote their cards or stars. But…the issue is the loss of the Viacom platform.
Getting off Showtime would be an absolute win. Nobody watches or cares to see what's on.
Tomorrow’s card.
Case and point... Card is today and a lot of us don't even know :lol:

Showtime been trash since Jason Mitchell nasty *** ruined The Chi :lol::smh:

DAZN, Showtime, Paramount+, Paramount…it’s been steady downhill since Spike.

Bellator did the league thing before PFL. They really could make a strong play for #2 and get streaming money. Also ya, the card is tonight. My bad. Didn’t even know they had a card this week until Vince mentioned it. They really trying to tank.

Holy ****, Sergio lands a spinning wheel kick and Pitbull got saved by the bell. Man's was on shaky legs backing up. Sergio could've got him out of there if he jumped right away.

upload_2023-6-16_23-5-57.png

Mix is gonna dogwalk him :lol:

Yoel has looked old since the Izzy fight. The man that threw 200 punches against Costa is loooong gone.

Nemkov so damn good. Love how he throws kicks at the end of different combinations

All the respect in the world to Pitbull in terms of his caliber and legacy. But

The Mckee loss to Pitbull just looks even worse now. Like, AJ is a legit 155er. As good as Pitbull was/is, AJ should have been able to handle him

lol

I wouldn't say handle him. How the 2nd fight was is probably the more likely outcome if they were to fight 10x imo. A close competitive coin flip fight.

Main problem Patrico had tonight was Sergios speed. He was catching him in between everytime with double/triple jabs.

McKee is explosive as **** but doesn't have the speed advantage over Patricio and relies too much on it with all singular shots. That's my biggest problem with him. Once/if he starts putting combinations in to his game, then he'll start to really be at the level we all expect him to reach.

idk- put it this way: Imagining Pettis or any other 25’er going to 45 and having any shot with McKee would have seemed crazy at the peak of mckees 45 run

Pitbull looks like a natural 25’er

like I get how chandler, who’s now at 55 lost- he’s been a brawler recently and just got caught

But pitbull had been fighting at 45 for years and that weight definitely evened out the playing field in terms of the size discrepancy with aj

That allowed the speed advantage to shine more

I wouldn't say handle him. How the 2nd fight was is probably the more likely outcome if they were to fight 10x imo. A close competitive coin flip fight.

McKee is explosive as **** but doesn't have the speed advantage over Patricio and relies too much on it with all singular shots. That's my biggest problem with him. Once/if he starts putting combinations in to his game, then he'll start to really be at the level we all expect him to reach.
When you said explosive that really resonated with me. Kind of like a Yoel type. I’ve thought AJ has looked a little lackluster his last three fights. When he’s not “explosive” or in that rhythm/state, he just seems tentative. I don’t see him hanging with Max or Volk. Even less with the top five of UFC 155. He gives off Will Brooks vibes. But who knows pressure makes diamonds and the increased level of competition might make him special. He does have wrestling, grappling and good striking.

I told you the UFC was negotiating a one off with Francis... part of it may be a counter offensive like the Fury vs Jones nonsense. But they've been in contact since before the PFL deal was public.

I must have been extremely under the influence, I just realized Pettis vs Pitbull was 35 not 25 :smh::rofl:

I saw Patchy and I was like- wth is he doing in there

Anyway Prime Max and Volk would eat AJ alive at 45, hurts to say but it's been more than proven tbh

A possible Usman vs AJ matchup would be interesting though, it's the only match I want out of that tournament

I wouldn’t be mad at that matchup (and yet another Bellator fumble in that it could get eyes on the product).

Usman is such a weird fighter compared to the rest of the camp. He pokes and prods from far with his kicks. Or he can grappleduck if necessary. But either stifles the opponent until it places them in a compromised situation that leads to a submission or KO.

Back
Top Bottom