The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I actually thought they'd run Nunes vs Pena 3. I wish Valentina would fight Nunes again just to draw some more attention on both of them. Every time they fight someone else, I have no passion to watch them fight.

I don’t think any of us know what the contract/pay for a WWE NXT prospect is (if you do plz share).

But the upside for merchandise and pay is higher for a WWE wrestler. Obviously, that’s a very physically demanding profession. Mortality rates are crazy.

I remember doing physical therapy and John Cena was a patient with my PT. He had lambos and other fancy cars. This was 2013, you could tell he had bread.

But it’s never a fair comparison to professional wrestling as that’s a cut throat industry.
Last time I read an article, the developmental recruits with zero experience get paid like 60k starting. They usually know by a 6 to 12 months if you are cut for the business or not. All they do is train and practice. They also offer financial courses and teach them how to build a brand. Most are fresh outta school former athletes. I think they are more relax on letting them make money on the side with fan sites, twitch, cameo, etc given approval from wwe. Does ufc allow that?
Some of the more established in wwe nxt developmental make six figures, but they got a name to them from the indies. These are the guys that are probably on the shows.

I assume all the talent on the main roster are easily clearing six figures. Throw in about avg 5 pct on merch sales. The schedule is a grind. They are indpt contractors and have to book their own travel and make towns. That wrestlemania and Saudi check alone is six figures

Last edited:
I wish a MMA journalist would interview Matt Riddle to compare fighting in the UFC and wrestling in the WWE.

Ronda not talking to nobody. Brock felt a certain way and left MMA to wrestle part time.

I wish a MMA journalist would interview Matt Riddle to compare fighting in the UFC and wrestling in the WWE.

Ronda not talking to nobody. Brock felt a certain way and left MMA to wrestle part time.
Matt has done interviews and spoke on it. Think there may be one with Ariel still on yt. Dana said he would never make 100k when he fired him for weed.

Brock a smart business man. He leveraged both sides and got the bag for working less.

I wonder what Riddles making post RKbro?

Riddle last fought on UFC 154 before he got caught. He made: $30,000 ($15,000 to show, $15,000 win

According to several articles I found online, Riddle makes $400K plus a bonus for Saudi Arabia and a cut of merchandise.

Riddle Salary

Yeah, it’s a demanding schedule but he making good bread.

Matt has done interviews and spoke on it. Think there may be one with Ariel still on yt. Dana said he would never make 100k when he fired him for weed.

Brock a smart business man. He leveraged both sides and got the bag for working less.
Yeah Brock has both the WWE and UFC by the balls

I think he got 2.5 mil for his fight against Hunt in 2016 for ufc 200

But what does the biggest heavyweight contract mean?

There’s no frame of reference since nothing is disclosed. It isn’t a fair market.

It’s too bad about that knee injury and Fury loss of interest. Conor’s biggest bag (minus UFC taking off the top) was that Mayweather fight. That is probably the peak of combat sports hype (along with the Paq fight).

Haha. Man, I have to say Ariel is winning me back when I wasn't a fan of him in the beginning. And most of me not being a fan is just cause there are all those videos of fighters hating on him from back in the days. He definitely has the gift of gab.

Keep forgetting about this card 😂😂
It's actually a sneaky good card when you look at the lineup even outside the two titles (assuming you mean 283), Magny/Burns could be a war and if Burns is able to stop the takedowns I don't see how he doesn't connect with a flush shot to put out Neil. Craig/Walker could also be a banger. Then you also have the return of Robocop but its unfortunate Tavares had to pull out but I look forward to seeing him back in the octagon regardless.

Also crazy that Shogun is still fighting, his pro debut was over 20 years ago! If he loses I think he should retire though, I hope he doesn't fight because he feels he needs to and needs the $ that badly.

Also strangely….the co mains could setup a possible matchup later in the year for female GOAT. 👀

And whoever wins the main sets up a possible matchup later in the year for HW GOAT not named Francis.

Also strangely….the co mains could setup a possible matchup later in the year for female GOAT. 👀

And whoever wins the main sets up a possible matchup later in the year for HW GOAT not named Francis.
I'd like to see Nunes-Val a 3rd time as the 2nd was so close. If both make quick work of their next foes I could see the trilogy being setup as the co-main for International Fight Week.

International Fight Week where Stipe would like to challenge the winner of Jones/Gane.

Wonder what card is Connor is supposed to return on?

Back
Top Bottom