The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

He didn't just lose the fight because Paul is a superior boxer

Paul got like 3 free rounds because Woodley refused to throw

He could have gotten another bag if he won
Again, we've seen Woodley do this repeatedly through his MMA career

Paul was a superior boxer. He was much more fluid with his punches and landed more

Woodley's stance and footwork were horrendous to say the least

Paul was a superior boxer. He was much more fluid with his punches and landed more

Paul drops his hands every time he throws. Any actual boxer would destroy him. Please tell me you understand this.

Paul drops his hands every time he throws. Any actual boxer would destroy him. Please tell me you understand this.
You are not understanding that we are speaking in relative terms. Woodley is a worse boxer than a bad boxer. Is that hard to comprehend, please tell me

-So ******* what we have seen him doing it before

I am saying that makes it worse, he loses because he repeated a silly avoidable mistake. Me seeing this before doesn't make it less shameful on Tyron's part he acts like a buffoon again.

-Paul is the better boxer, but Tyron could have beat dude on the cards. Mans barely threw and gave away rounds early. If Paul is better, Woodley should have made him earn those rounds

that stance :sick: crouched like he was ready to launch that overhand right into a double leg :lol:

You are not understanding that we are speaking in relative terms. Woodley is a worse boxer than a bad boxer. Is that hard to comprehend, please tell me
Imma still disagree with your fluidity comment, Jake’s boxing looks choppy and once he’s past the first few rounds he’s gassed and looks even sloppier.

I preferred Tyron’s stance and technique he just didn’t chase the KO like he should have.

-So ****ing what we have seen him doing it. I am saying that makes it worse, he loses because he repeated a silly avoidable mistake. Me seeing this before doesn't make it less shameful on Tyron's part he acts like a buffoon again.

-Paul is the better boxer, but Tyron could have beat dude. Mans barely threw and gave away rounds early. If Paul is better, Woodley should have made him earn those rounds
Woodley could have won. He doesn't need to be ashamed. Both can be true

Imma still disagree with your fluidity comment, Jake’s boxing looks choppy and once he’s past the first few rounds he’s gassed and looks even sloppier.

I preferred Tyron’s stance and technique he just didn’t chase the KO like he should have.
Woodley's stiff robotic punches were not anywhere near as fluid as Paul's, regardless of the gassing out

His only chance was that exchange against the ropes, that was a patent Woodley MMA punch

Woodley's stiff robotic punches were not anywhere near as fluid as Paul's, regardless of the gassing out

His only chance was that exchange against the ropes, that was a patent Woodley MMA punch
Bro if Tyron would have taken a deep breath, bit down on his guard and pushed like he needed to, he would’ve knocked Jake tf out. That’s the most frustrating part. “Robotic” or not idgaf.

Your definition of fluid means nothing to me if you’re preferring a fighter whose hands drop as soon as they go to throw the right hand they’ve been searching for all night, and stay dropped as if they know they’re not fighting an actual boxer.

Bro if Tyron would have taken a deep breath, bit down on his guard and pushed like he needed to, he would’ve knocked Jake tf out. That’s the most frustrating part. “Robotic” or not idgaf.

Your definition of fluid means nothing to me if you’re preferring a fighter whose hands drop as soon as they go to throw the right hand they’ve been searching for all night, and stay dropped as if they know they’re not fighting an actual boxer.
The issue is, Woodley has been hesitant for the past like 5 years in MMA. You can't expect him to change his ways on the night of his first ever boxing match

I agree it's def frustrating

Wonder how much Woodley got paid
if i am guessing, it has to be his biggest payday?
probably a cut of the ppvs

got his first taste of boxing money, trying to get another :lol:
i heard jake lowered his so tyron could get paid a little more

IMO, losing a winnable fight because you make a stupid mistake everyone has been warning you about for years is shameful

You can disagree, fine, but nothing you have said in Tyron's defense makes me feel otherwise.
And nothing you said proves he should be ashamed. It's ok, lol

At the end of the day he got paid a **** ton... at almost 40 years old. Good for him

IMO, losing a winnable fight because you make a stupid mistake everyone has been warning you about for years is shameful

You can disagree, fine, but nothing you have said in Tyron's defense makes me feel otherwise.
I’ll agree here. Tyron should have his head down tonight considering people have been upset as his lack of eagerness for a while now. And shame on his corner if they weren’t telling him to f****ing push like he needed to.

It was clear that Woodley was just there to collect a check.

Back
Top Bottom