The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

00f4e3a027f3640f4bb8de4c3f7eba6e

OMG

tbh early prelims I was HATING the reintroduction of the fans

but by the main card that thang packed out and the energy levels were something completely different.

Im going to an event soon, just decided

Did Jake Paul's fight really hit 1.5mill ppv buys or is Dana just being a hater? :nerd:
PPV numbers are never “official.” Just estimates for North America (since the UFC strikes deals with other regions). For UFC events, they tend to be conservative with their numbers. You see they only claimed 700,000 buys for the last weekend’s card.

So the Trilla buy number. Trilla announced it. But it’s hard to verify the claims. Obviously, they’re competition for Dana so he’s going to downplay it and talk negatively.

Wow, imagine he goes to Ali after all the Khabib trash talk lol

Jon trying to get paid paid
He could go to Audie Attar for representation. Or a new player. Ali isn’t the only game in town.

But this is huge news. The Abraham Brothers were the biggest agents prior to Ali almost signing the entirety of MMA.

Triller already got caught faking their app download numbers. That 1.5 mil buy is 100% bs. Mans demographic are a bunch of teenage white kids who probably got streams on deck :lol:

Triller already got caught faking their app download numbers. That 1.5 mil buy is 100% bs. Mans demographic are a bunch of teenage white kids who probably got streams on deck :lol:

Morgan is a known UFC shill. He’s always the first to ask questions. And Junkie tends to be less critical than Bloody Elbow, and MMA Fighting. Not to say the Triller numbers aren’t dubious. Like when Mayweather said May/Paq got 4 mill PPV (or the same for May/McGregor). No way to confirm it. Everyone says PPV numbers are down. And there’s a lot of competition out there. But then again...we did see Avengers and Avatar do two billion.

Part of it seems like a way to generate hype. Everyone is watching. So should you.

Rewatched parts of Nunes/Valentina pt. 2, holy **** what a boring *** fight :lol:

Nunes looked timid in that fight, she pretty much used her jiu-jitsu to over power Valentina. Not sure how it would turn out today cause Nunes looks double the size since that fight, doubt she could even make the cut down to 135 now. But that seems like the only fight to make in the woman’s division that worth anything right now

Wait, what? Isn’t her next fight at 135, against Julianna Pena.

After moving up to 145, she moved down to 135 and beat GDR and Holm. Then moved up (nice during COVID lol) and beat two 145 jobbers.

I think she can move down to 135 especially with a good camp/diet.

I really don’t see how much life there is left at the 145 division. Do you?

Valentina is a small 135er. I think her wrestling has gotten better. But Amanda is probably bigger fight day. And I think she switched to wrestling in a fight where her stand up doesn’t dominate like the second Valentina or GDR fights.

Rewatched parts of Nunes/Valentina pt. 2, holy **** what a boring *** fight :lol:

Nunes looked timid in that fight, she pretty much used her jiu-jitsu to over power Valentina. Not sure how it would turn out today cause Nunes looks double the size since that fight, doubt she could even make the cut down to 135 now. But that seems like the only fight to make in the woman’s division that worth anything right now

Yeah nunes was def tentative that fight. I had valentina winning the fight. Would love to see them run it again

Yeah nunes was def tentative that fight. I had valentina winning the fight. Would love to see them run it again
Just watched it. That was horrible fight lol. They both were tentative. Amanda standing in front of Valentina grabbing her hands and trying to land those leg kicks.

Valentina was more point fighting. She did try to take downs that were unsuccessful.

Amanda I had winning rounds 1. And she stole round 5 with the take downs.

I definitely gave Valentina round 4.

Rounds 2 and 3 are probably close rounds that a judge could give either way.

Amanda looks like she had 10 pounds on Valentina possibly. She probably could been more definitive if she used takedowns a la her GDR fight.

Amanda might not do well against world class kick boxing champions lol.

Back
Top Bottom