The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

He needs to copy Usman defending his belt.

Conor would have 0 for Usman. Usman can wrestle, clinch and has decent stand up. And cardio for days.

Valentina’s post fight interview. She pretty much said give up to the other ladies. She’s a killer.

And SW division hasn’t had a stable champion since JJ lost to Rose. This is a good thing. I’d love to see Rose run it back with Carla Esparza.

Could Valentina & Nunes work out or is that a pipe dream?
Think Valentina said eventually that'll be the only fight that makes sense.

If the UFC builds a PI in Africa, give it a decade for development and it's a wrap for the rest of the world. If the continent had the resources and access like the rest of the Western world, the Olympics might as well be Africa vs the rest.

Everyone has a lifespan or season. Conor’s might be over.

Same for Chris Weidman. Or Tyron Woodley.

It’s a young person’s sport unless your name is Andre Arloski.

And I like Weili but I don’t see how it was an early stoppage. Was her face stopping Roses hammer fists or whatever?

Think Valentina said eventually that'll be the only fight that makes sense.

If the UFC builds a PI in Africa, give it a decade for development and it's a wrap for the rest of the world. If the continent had the resources and access like the rest of the Western world, the Olympics might as well be Africa vs the rest.
We look @ the abundant resources on that continent.

However, NBA, NFL and UFC could easily leverage the people who are all pursuing prosperity and a means to improve their situation. There are dark implications to this...but if we’re just looking at it from a sports or job perspective...it globalizes the sport.

i love conor but his s-talking was great because his performance matched

hard to motivated w 100 M in the bank. it's the story old as time
His run is over. Dude aged horribly and just doesn’t have it physically anymore. Used his prime years to promote boxing. Can’t fault him for that. Got him forever paid doing it.

goal is to take the least amount of damage while making the most amount of money

At the end of the day, this. As fight fans we may not like it, but I can never fault a fighter for playing the game and getting the most they can get out of it. The flip side is all these company men that leave it all in there and get paid pennies on the dollar.

As a fight fan Conor will always be kind of a disappointment, but in terms of business and his career arc, he’s managed it better than just about any MMA fighter ever.

1619384556636.png

Rose needs to grow her hair back out.

Back
Top Bottom