The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

People need to put some respect on this man's greatness. This run he's been on is insane. Man's be having the quickest pay days :lol:

Pitbull is easily top 4/5 p4p right now.

Finally getting some movement at the top of 170. That's a tough fight for WB. Guessing they're going to try make Colby/Chiesa.

I don’t see Halloway fighting again this year if they are not gonna fight for the 145 belt until the fall at this point

This leaves Colbys only out sitting on the bench till he gets the next title shot... not sure how he has a better case than wonderboy/gilbert winner. Or Diaz/Leon. Hell maybe usman gets clipped n a rematch gotta get done. Colby really did manage hinmself out of the prime of his career. Shaping up for like a 4 fight run over 5 years 🤮

Hes gunna end up odd man out over inflating his worth and taking ques from Schill Sonnen. Gettin ground out by Chiesa would be a fitting way for him to jus go away

Because it delays the fight or the fact those two are the coaches on TUF?

Also where would you guys rank McKee or Pitbull on your FW lists?
All of the above. TUF is trash and just holds up divisions

Impossible to rank AJ at this point he's unproven

Pitbull on the other hand merits top 5 or better, but not fighting in the UFC will always make it the unknown

But isn’t it crazy that he’s the double champ in Bellator who has beaten Michael Chandler who is challenging for the LW belt in another month?

Charles is definitely Michael’s biggest challenge career wise.

But with the way both Henry and Pitbull have fought in the last two+ years, Pitbull could probably win the UFC FW title.

The styles are so contrasting. Max, Volk, Pitbull... mannnnn I want to see it all

I've always said Pitbull would pose problems for anyone in the UFC in both divisions

This leaves Colbys only out sitting on the bench till he gets the next title shot... not sure how he has a better case than wonderboy/gilbert winner. Or Diaz/Leon. Hell maybe usman gets clipped n a rematch gotta get done. Colby really did manage hinmself out of the prime of his career. Shaping up for like a 4 fight run over 5 years 🤮

Hes gunna end up odd man out over inflating his worth and taking ques from Schill Sonnen. Gettin ground out by Chiesa would be a fitting way for him to jus go away

could easily see Leon or wonderboy getting a shot at Usman next if they win there next fights.

Such a ish sport. $5 mill a fight. Or $500K. It’s all bs.

But what I do know is Jon isn’t scared. Jon probably has the highest fight IQ of any fighter today. And he’s got some weird masochistic energy that will make him try to take on his opponent’s greatest strength. See DC or Glover fights.

If Jones really was offered 8-10 million by the UFC guaranteed after only getting 540k guarantee last fight, that shows how massive the company knows it will be

If Jones really was offered 8-10 million by the UFC guaranteed after only getting 540k guarantee last fight, that shows how massive the company knows it will be
Here’s why these discussions are dumb. UFC is clandestine because it’s not an openly public company/firm.

We don’t know the true fighter pay. $540K or is it $5 Million? PPV points equals what?

Regardless...if he is getting paid $5 mill, then I wouldn’t be mad at him for asking for more for the highest profile heavyweight fight in the company’s history (probably after Carwin/Lesnar). Jon is getting up there in age/mileage. He should pursue that last big payday.

Speaking of Jones, just saw this on my feed. Old interview but still....odd he did a podcast with Steve o

Big Brother

Little Brother with Karate Stance

I super imposed Henry on Patricio. Crazy Conor went away from this to the flat footed boxing stance.

Patricio easily top 3 FW no matter promotion. Ever since Henry did part of his camp with the brothers he adopted that wide karate stance and went on his 2 title run

Patricio has said in interviews that Cejudo already knows who dominates who in their sparring sessions :lol:

That karate stance is legit.

Henry brought it to their camp?

He clearly adopted it after the first Demetrius loss. I’ve never heard the why?

And seriously old school Conor just had a certain bounce to him. Except for that horrible Diaz 1 fight where he tired out and quit.

I meant henry took the stance from training with the brothers before the 2nd DJ fight. He didn't bring it there.

Ah. But the older brother didn’t demonstrate it in his fight against Chandler. So is it something their coach instilled in the camp?

Costa isn’t using it.

Back
Top Bottom