The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Not taking a stance one way or the other with this but since the UFC is actually going through with the event- I don't know if interesting is the right word- but at least there will be some data taken from this weekend

I know other sports are way different and the structures aren't the same but still there will be some material things learned

I also know that other combat sports events have been held during all of this COVID stuff but the UFC is obviously a major org. It could play a factor in how other sports make their decisions. They're also doing back to back events next week which seems incredible in these circumstances

Vince, it is what it is at this point.
NBA saying they’re possibly going to resume.

Golf going to stage events.

College and Professional football are probably on deck.

I think the real issue for these leagues/promotions is the loss revenue from attendance. But I think they’re just trying to make something.

Streaming platforms and channels are the winners.

as long as they aren't dead, dana can deal with the backlash. hell, even if someone dies, he'll probably put a spin on it

I mean... Looks like he basically told them he got it. He was the only fighter wearing gloves and a mask during weigh in/face off. But honestly, they should've just scrapped this match right away. No point in possibly risking others.

Vince, it is what it is at this point.
NBA saying they’re possibly going to resume.

Golf going to stage events.

College and Professional football are probably on deck.

I think the real issue for these leagues/promotions is the loss revenue from attendance. But I think they’re just trying to make something.

Streaming platforms and channels are the winners.
The NBA are cautiously wanting to resume but nothing imminent. Logistically it's much more complex than MMA but it is clear they are trying to at least make preparations to resume. I would have thought a successful UFC card could play a part in their thinking

Now with this positive test who knows

Told them a family member tested positive and they still had him travel to the facility. Uhhh.
That's the UFC for ya. I mean it was like a week or two ago that some fighter was saying he knew he had it but was still going to fight on the card and just not say anything. I think Alex Hernandez

But with the org not giving any dambs it just seems like the usual **** show

249 better not be cancelled. They gonna do more tests tomorrow and I bet if a few more are positive, they gonna can the event

Regardless, they loaded the card so it’s still super strong. Going with:

Gaethje (still a toss up for me)
Dom (fairy confident he gonna win)
Pettis (my goodness, this really for the washed belt)
Oleinik
Waterson

249 better not be cancelled. They gonna do more tests tomorrow and I bet if a few more are positive, they gonna can the event

Regardless, they loaded the card so it’s still super strong. Going with:

Gaethje (still a toss up for me)
Dom (fairy confident he gonna win)
Pettis (my goodness, this really for the washed belt)
Oleinik
Waterson
No pick for Ngannou Rosentruik?

Article said the event is still going on regardless of Jacare being positive. I'm pretty sure we won't hear about anybody else testing positive til after the event. They better deep clean the **** out the octagon after every fight.

At this point, whoever will have it has already gotten it. Going on with the event won’t spread it per day but it would be an awful look for the UFC

Back
Top Bottom