The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Nothing but respect always for Frankie. If he had power man, it'd be different. Always going to be 2nd or 3rd best until he can have the power advantage. Maybe at 35...

Except for the minor drawback of it leaving you highly suceptible to being rocked in your face haha not to mention also stands a chance of injuring you the kicker
Word but I don't think a properly thrown leg kick with speed leaves you super open for power punches. Your head is farther back so more distance to cover. In Frankie's case its not as much distance for Max but still. I could be wrong but how often where Aldo's or Barbosa's leg kicks countered?

Joe did say it a lot though.:lol:

Dana was Dana’ing last night

That piece of **** keeps saying cyborg is “scared” but it’s only because he doesn’t want to pay her since her deal is up

“After watching her fight tonight (against Felicia Spencer at UFC 240), and after her last fight, I don’t blame her for not wanting to fight Amanda Nunes,” White said. “Cyborg has been around for a long time. In my honest opinion, Cyborg sees herself in the twilight of her career, and I think she would like some easier fights. There’s nothing wrong with that. Many fighters have left here wanting easier fights and there’s nothing wrong with that.”

“When you get to a certain age and a certain point of her career and you look like Cris tonight (against Felicia Spencer), if that’s Amanda Nunes, it’s a whole different ballgame,” White said. “I don’t blame her for that, I’m not criticizing her for that, but these are facts. I’ll make the fight is Cris wants to fight Amanda, and Amanda wants that fight.”

I’m hoping this happens and we get a rightful match between Jorge and Edwards. I also feel like this could be good in causing a rift between Jorge and Colby. Jorge needs to wake up

Vince why you want a rift?

Colby, if he won, would be the legitimate #1 contender.

And ultimately Jorge said it best they’re here for paychecks not high fives.

Why would you limit your earning potential for a “friend” you made in the game.

At least do the right thing and move up or down a weight class.

I wouldn’t necessarily look forward to any of those fights but I guess I’d watch.

Frankie vs Maynard 2 & 3 were classics, and seeing him maul Yair and Cub was pretty cool, but outside of that he hasn’t had the most exciting fights.

Vince why you want a rift?

Colby, if he won, would be the legitimate #1 contender.

And ultimately Jorge said it best they’re here for paychecks not high fives.

Why would you limit your earning potential for a “friend” you made in the game.

At least do the right thing and move up or down a weight class.
Jorge clearly stated he wants a title shot or Conor. Seeing Colby get the nod could cause something and hopefully it does since Colby's a piece of trash

I'm not saying it would, I'm hoping that it does

Would y’all watch Frankie vs No Love or Frankie vs Cejudo?
Looking like Cody gonna get someone like Petr Yan in a November return. Garbrandt's wrist didn't heal immediately or properly post-Munhoz and Yan dealing with elbow inflammation.

I'm not a Frankie fan, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

Dude is highly overrated .... cool story about a short guy putting in work, but his most memorable fights were against who??? LoL

Come on...

Frankie literally got beat up 5 rounds by Max in which max looked like he was board and mostly sparring the entire time.

Frankie is cool but just doesn't belong with high level fighters IMO. At least not now ... people talking about he would of have worked Conor??? Man, I dont know about that!!!

Well mendes who isn't as good as Frankie was able to takedown the irish rapist most of their fight and didn't even have a full fight camp.

you must've also forgot his comeback against gray maynard was pretty epic and he totally dominated a prime bj penn in their second fight.

Well mendes who isn't as good as Frankie was able to takedown the irish rapist most of their fight and didn't even have a full fight camp.

you must've also forgot his comeback against gray maynard was pretty epic and he totally dominated a prime bj penn in their second fight.
Yeah and Mendez also got KOd.

I'm sure Frankie would of have too ... my point is not about Frankie vs Conor, I just said that to say he wouldnt have won that fight either.

And beating BJ in his prime or not is not much to hang your hat on. Is MMA at time greater fighters lose ... unless we are saying Buster Doglas was better than Mike??? Or Oliver McCall was better tha Lennox ... etc etc.

But lets put BJ as a great accomplishment, BJ after the couple of loses to Frankie dude only beat Matt, then he had 7 straight loses. Come on. LoL

Dude is just an above avg to good fighter. Nothing spectacular. Let him cut down and see if he can convincingly beat dudes his own size.

Last edited:
He's only been finished once, no one can be sure he would've been tko'd as well.

He beat guys at lightweight bigger than him and became champion.

And beating BJ in his prime or not is not much to hang your hat on. Is MMA at time greater fighters lose ... unless we are saying Buster Doglas was better than Mike??? Or Oliver McCall was better tha Lennox ... etc etc.

BJ was thought to be unbeatable @ 155 back in his prime, guy was finishing everyone.

So, yea Frankie beating him twice in his prime is impressive, not even going to entertain those comparisons because they’re idiotic.

BJ had 1 loss @ 155 up until he fought Frankie in 2010 and it was in 2002.

He was fighting Lyoto in a ring @ open weight and GSP/Matt Hughes @ 170 in between all that but beating him is not impressive.

:lol:

All these guys are HoF’ers, by the way, including Frankie.

Not impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
BJ was thought to be unbeatable @ 155 back in his prime, guy was finishing everyone.

So, yea Frankie beating him twice in his prime is impressive, not even going to entertain those comparisons because they’re idiotic.

BJ had 1 loss @ 155 up until he fought Frankie in 2010 and it was in 2002.

He was fighting Lyoto in a ring @ open weight and GSP/Matt Hughes @ 170 in between all that but beating him is not impressive.

:lol:

All these guys are HoF’ers, by the way, including Frankie.

Not impressive.
I don't give a **** who you entertain. Your opinion means absolutely nothing.

Show me all this wins against top level opponents right before Frankie ...I'll wait.

Better yet let me help your *** ..

Jensen Pulver???
Joe Stevenson???
Sean Sherk?????
Kenny Florian?????
Diego Sanchez????

FOH

Only victory he had against a worthy opponent was Matt and dude was one fight away from retirement.

He lost to GSP and Frankie then 7 straight times.

Yet BJ was in his prime and was unbeatable .

Sit your *** down man. Coming out your chair to spew opinions instead of facts.

So again, this is not to deminish what BJ has done or Frankie ...facts are that Frankie beat a diminishing BJ and that's about it. Frankie can be HOf I'm cool but an all time great? Jokes.

Last edited:
It depends what the consensus on his rating is

I somewhat agree that he seems to be overly loved. It’s easy to understand why

Frankie’s ability to always be a top 2-3 guy over so long is def impressive. He’s been champ. Can’t take that away

But imo I put a guy like Anthony Pettis above him. A guy like Eddie Alvarez, Id like to see how you guys compare Frankie vs Eddie and Pettis

To add to to discussion, BJ is another one who is overhyped a bit imo. Mma was still evolving during his prime but i get why folks hold bj in high regard dont get me wrong

Oh look, keko is blowing another gasket.

Everything I posted is fact.

Go get some air, compose yourself and try again later.

You’re so flustered that you didn’t even comprehend what you read, I said unbeatable @ 155 and you bring up a loss to GSP, :lol:

Only victory he had against a worthy opponent was Matt and dude was one fight away from retirement.

LOL.

He beat Matt in 2004, who retired in 2011.

Keep going.

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends what the consensus on his rating is

I somewhat agree that he seems to be overly loved. It’s easy to understand why

Frankie’s ability to always be a top 2-3 guy over so long is def impressive. He’s been champ. Can’t take that away

But imo I put a guy like Anthony Pettis above him. A guy like Eddie Alvarez, Id like to see how you guys compare Frankie vs Eddie and Pettis

To add to to discussion, BJ is another one who is overhyped a bit imo
Bruh both are facts man .. these dudes are good no one is taking that from them, but they are overrated. Frankie was champ by a default belt that BJ won from who??? LoL

Dude bas a cool story he can always 3/4 at times maybe a two but never a 1 .....

This stigma that Frankie is an elite fighter is just bogus. Theres nothing to say he is ...

Oh look, keko is blowing another gasket.

Everything I posted is fact.

Go get some air, compose yourself and try again later.

You’re so flustered that you didn’t even comprehend what you read, I said unbeatable @ 155 and you bring up a loss to GSP, :lol:
Blowing a gasket because I actually stood there to rebuttal the idiotic post you wrote? You actually think you're doing it and making feel some type of way. SMH. You're no one my dude .... stop feeling yourself. You're making yourself look even worst.

Anyways, If you're great you're great. You take away from being beat by GSP but give credit for beating Matt. LoL

Still can't comprehend the fact he beat no one for the belt and he didn't only get beat by Frankie but 7 other dudes in a row at the same weight class.

My dude is not even worth arguing with you because I understand you dont understand.

Frankie is your superhero but he ain't it chief. He will never be elite chief. HoF sure, why not, the sport is fairly young and a lot of people make it in, but elite. Naw .....

But then again you would say that Frankie had a legit **** at Connor, lol.

Back
Top Bottom