The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Nunes looking mad thick at the weigh in. I want to see her pull the upset over Cyborg but seems this fight is over her head. Hopefully the fight is close enough to earn a sequel because I don’t see any other female coming close to beating Cyborg.

With that said, mad hyped for tomorrow :pimp:

I still legit think Gus won the first time
Just rewatched the fight. I had 2,4,5 for Jones. Could even argue the 3rd for Jones. The 1st was only Gus because he had the takedown which he controlled for a few seconds.

I just don't see how anyone could argue that Gus won that fight. Jones almost had him finished int he 4th AND 5th.

enough with the whining and crying, you acting like jones the only champ who juices

your favorite fighter probably juiced or juices too....

its just part of fighting culture, get used to it.

Its not like doods who fight clean get like an extra belt or anything, theres was never any incentive to be clean.

Doods is juicing in all sports, NBA especially.....ESPECIALLY when we talking about recovery....

What if i told you LJ takes oral t-bol but the NBA dont test for it?

Would it effect the way you look at lebron? It shouldn't.

All that should matter is how these doods preform/entertain us, if your getting caught in all the outside fodder, thats on you...and in my opinion exposes oneself to being too invested in OTHER PEOPLES lives....theres nothing to gain arguing over someones life you never met, probably never will. Dont be a groupie. Dont get over invested. Just relax and enjoy these doods punch each others face in. Thats it.

I swear most people are conditioned to worship other people's lives more than their own. They can tell you every car so and so drove, how much money they make, what their upcoming contract will be......all while be working a dead end job, in a weak *** relationship pushing a camry wearing them new just don jordans that just dropped :sick:

I still legit think Gus won the first time

Rewatch the fight muted without Rogan’s hyperbole. Jon won three of the rounds. Possibly four. Gus takedowns didn’t really lead to anything. Overall, he did damage. But Jon had the significant strikes. The fight is on UFC’s YouTube.

As far as the juicing argument. Maybe the UFC dumb arses shouldn’t have made it into a big deal. But they did. They have a contract with USADA, which was dumb. And the levies/punishment weren’t the same across the board (but Nowitzky can say apples to oranges like a fool). In this situation, they could’ve just pushed the fight back to dispel some of the controversy.

JBJ’s entire family has been popped for PEDs lol. Are they talented athletes? Yeah. The issue is he’s popped three times recently. Even Cyborg hasn’t been caught but is probably holding a needle.

Are the banana boat crew taking PEDs, probably. NBA is low key about it. Even though we know Lebron spends millions on his health/performance.

Last edited:
Just rewatched the fight. I had 2,4,5 for Jones. Could even argue the 3rd for Jones. The 1st was only Gus because he had the takedown which he controlled for a few seconds.

I just don't see how anyone could argue that Gus won that fight. Jones almost had him finished int he 4th AND 5th.

Rewatch the fight muted without Rogan’s hyperbole. Jon won three of the rounds. Possibly four. Gus takedowns didn’t really lead to anything. Overall, he did damage. But Jon had the significant strikes. The fight is on UFC’s YouTube.

As far as the juicing argument. Maybe the UFC dumb arses shouldn’t have made it into a big deal. But they did. They have a contract with USADA, which was dumb. And the levies/punishment weren’t the same across the board (but Nowitzky can say apples to oranges like a fool). In this situation, they could’ve just pushed the fight back to dispel some of the controversy.

JBJ’s entire family has been popped for PEDs lol. Are they talented athletes? Yeah. The issue is he’s popped three times recently. Even Cyborg hasn’t been caught but is probably holding a needle.

Are the banana boat crew taking PEDs, probably. NBA is low key about it. Even though we know Lebron spends millions on his health/performance.
Going off memory of watching it live. But I will rewatch it.

Joe Rogan hyperbole.

Jon:

+
A) Pushed the fight
B) Landed significant strikes via head kick and elbows.
C) Had Gus in danger in round 4.
D) utilized varied striking (oblique, low, mid and high kicks even threw in ax kicks, etc and used elbows to great effect.

- Boxing/Punches (but he said he’s improved it since then)
- Was only able to take Gus down once in the last round (Dude took down DC since then so I’ll assume this is better)
- Didn’t defend very well against Gus’ boxing and even got taken down

Gus has to press more, do something when he takes Jon down, land significant strikes, move his head more and defend against the kicks more (and probably throw more of his own as long as his TDD or Jon’s wrestling hasn’t gotten better).

Also, Jon had clear Octagon control as well. I feel like that often gets overlooked in "close" fights

my prediction: jon is going to win and probably be flagged for a failed test after the fight
dana squeezing what's left out of jones before he gets the ban. then again, he might just get a slap on the wrist :lol:

jones had three rds the first fight. gus didnt do enough to take that belt away.

Novitzy doesn’t work for USADA. He works for the UFC.

The UFC contracts through USADA for drug testing of their fighters. Which is why this whole thing is stupid. All of JBJ pops (except for 145 which that one cat pointed out was never relaxed) were all post USADA/UFC drug testing.

If this isn’t the call for the fighters to launch lawsuits or organize, oh well.

CSAC complained USADA shouldn’t have been involved in levying the punishment for his 214 pop.

With this situation, Nevada didn’t want to cosign’s UFC shady decision to go forward with the card (and not disclose the failed drug tests to CSAC/NSAC) without validating/investigating the results.

UFC is the guilty entity. And they’re the ones co-signing and giving JBJ chances (not to say PFL, One, Rizin or Bellator wouldn’t).

UFC is a business end of the day. If it’s bad for business then...

Same way they’re trying to strong arm Woodley into fighting Colby or Marty Usman. Rose hasn’t fought in forever. Max was gone for like a year but Woodley is avoiding fights.

The company is ran by an adolescent.

enough with the whining and crying, you acting like jones the only champ who juices

your favorite fighter probably juiced or juices too....

its just part of fighting culture, get used to it.

Its not like doods who fight clean get like an extra belt or anything, theres was never any incentive to be clean.

Doods is juicing in all sports, NBA especially.....ESPECIALLY when we talking about recovery....

What if i told you LJ takes oral t-bol but the NBA dont test for it?

Would it effect the way you look at lebron? It shouldn't.

All that should matter is how these doods preform/entertain us, if your getting caught in all the outside fodder, thats on you...and in my opinion exposes oneself to being too invested in OTHER PEOPLES lives....theres nothing to gain arguing over someones life you never met, probably never will. Dont be a groupie. Dont get over invested. Just relax and enjoy these doods punch each others face in. Thats it.

I swear most people are conditioned to worship other people's lives more than their own. They can tell you every car so and so drove, how much money they make, what their upcoming contract will be......all while be working a dead end job, in a weak *** relationship pushing a camry wearing them new just don jordans that just dropped :sick:
What a horrible post :lol:

Reactions: OTG
I’m sure a lot of people watch sports to get away from their lives. Shining light on the fact that people struggle is pathetic though

What a horrible post :lol:

Dude i only skim the mma thread and was gonna say :lol:.... the worst part is trying to shame someone they dont know for talking about people they dont know on a thread about people we dont know on a website mostly based on people talking about people they dont know.

The whole “everyone does it” argument never works as an excuse. This is a sport where taking damage takes time off of your life.

Back
Top Bottom