The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Damn Artem let Khabib son him! Got caught slipping by himself.

Damn Khabib and his goons rolled up on him and asking him why he switching sides and repping Ireland now :lol:

But in all seriousness that’s a stupid move by Khabib. Why put yourself in that situation? What if Artem pops off or strikes him and all of a sudden there’s a rumble in a hotel hallway?? Now Khabibs injured or suspended and now the whole card goes to sh*! Smh. Gotta be smarter

Can't turn off your gangster

Curse and a gift for people like that, what makes him so good at what he does

Not mad at khabib, I get why folks might not like it though

Don't the fighters now have to come in at fight week at a certain weight limit if not they'll be barred from fighting, haven't heard any issue of that with Holloway or they just closed one eye to save the main event.

NYAC says if either fighter misses weight by more than 6.5 lbs on first attempt there's no fight or something

Don't the fighters now have to come in at fight week at a certain weight limit if not they'll be barred from fighting, haven't heard any issue of that with Holloway or they just closed one eye to save the main event.
I believe this applies to certain commissions, like California for sure

Might not apply to New York but I'm not certain

I know but they're under that the fight can still go on for the show, and whoever forfeits x amount of purse. Both have to be 155 on the dot for the belt. If one misses by under that amount, only 1 fights for belt. If either miss by that much main event is cancelled.

I know but they're under that the fight can still go on for the show, and whoever forfeits x amount of purse. Both have to be 155 on the dot for the belt. If one misses by under that amount, only 1 fights for belt. If either miss by that much main event is cancelled.
Oh yeah if either misses weight by whatever amount it's going to be a **** show

It's a real precarious scenario

Apparently this is what lobov said to a Russian outlet a while back

Khabib had lobov shook lmao

“Khabib pulled out like six times already. He gets some minor health issues, in his *** or something, and he pulls out. He can’t even make weight. He doesn't even care about his fans,” Lobov told the Russian sports outlet.

“So who is the chicken here? Who is afraid?

“One is a champion and will come out no matter what, and the other one is a p****, who would pull out any time.”

In the video from the Marriott hotel, Nurmagomedov tells Lobov to stop mentioning his name, and asks if he called him "a p****," while holding his palm on Lobov’s head.

“I didn’t say that,” replies Lobov.

“How come you didn’t say that? You’ve said it on (camera),” says Nurmagomedov, adding: “Don’t ever say things like that about me.”

So, what is Khabib gonna do?! Beat him with his goons that will most likely be on camera and then get an assault case? His career would be a wrap.

Artem could’ve manipulated that whole situation, if he had the balls :lol:

Can somebody break down the weight cutting process

ESPN is reporting Killashaw/No Love 2 set for UFC 227 at the Staples Center

Last edited:
I think someone broke it down on MMA hour a few weeks ago.

You have to drink a lot of water. Obviously watch what you eat. Exercise (w sweats/sauna suit). Sauna. Salt bath.

You can actually get a program from George. Obviously without the nutritionist and engagement.

I'm wondering how much Max weighed before the flight, 180? Can't imagine what his walk around is. He will prob be drained on Friday. Just keeping my fingers crossed both make weight in less than two days.

Waterloading is the most common and easiest weight cut.

Max didn’t lose 10lbs on the flight, unless it was all water from the bloat caused by eating poorly.

Weightcutting is rough, but doable especially with the resources these guys have. I used to cut 15-20lbs over two days for same day fights without proper nutrition or having somebody monitor my health.

overall, weight cutting aint healthy and to do it in short notice. unless max was keeping himself in decent shape during that time off, i just dont see how he isnt drained come fight night.

other news, brock is back. dana probably pulling some strings in the back to get the doping agencies to look the other way :lol:

Back
Top Bottom