The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Isn't monster an official sponsor of the ufc? The octagon girls' bras started having the monster logo on them a while ago. ufc screwing over all the other fighters with no logos on those stupid fight kits. If they were smart the whole company of fighters would go on strike before the msg ppv.

Last edited:
WOW @ glover the #2 rank guy only getting 65000 

That is outrageous. After training camp and travel he's left with nothing.

rory got like 60k for the war vs. lawler

aint even mad at brock for coming in there juiced and making that money :lol:

what's sad is the octagon girls get paid more than some of the fighters. think rousey mentioned that awhile back

Last edited:
Ronda just mad the ring girls are cuter. And she know she don't want it with Arianny. She knows about the two piece and left.

And agreed. Rumble made a statement and stood out on the card. He made decent money but it's too bad he's just a humble dude (except when it comes to women :wink:.

WOW @ glover the #2 rank guy only getting 65000 

That is outrageous. After training camp and travel he's left with nothing.

rory got like 60k for the war vs. lawler

aint even mad at brock for coming in there juiced and making that money :lol:

what's sad is the octagon girls get paid more than some of the fighters. think rousey mentioned that awhile back

That card was nowhere near as big as 202. Even though Rumble vs Texiera wasn't the main event, that just doesn't add up.

Only 3 mil and 2 mil for the headliners?

Do they get any another money?
Breh, that's the highest purses ever in MMA :lol:

Bruh, the company JUST sold for 4 billion, and your superstar gets 3 million? Yes that's 3 million more than I have, but that's peanuts compared to what the UFC is banking.
But UFC are savages. If guys keep fighting for peanuts, why pay them more? Feel bad for these lower card dudes making a few thousand to get their brains beat in.

it's going to be interesting to see how many PPV buys this event did. it should have cleared 1 million pretty easily. 196 did a reported 1.5 million. conor will probably see triple his purse in his PPV shares alone.

Diaz = over reliance on absorbing shots and winning the long game with them soft punches

Conor = over reliance on power and winning the short game

Great fight regardless

As much as I wanted Diaz to win, Connor stuck to the gameplan. He just kept kicking without opening up as much as he could have to keep Diaz away. When he did knock down Diaz he didn't take Diaz's bate to the ground. He knows he's BBQ chicken down there. And finally, when he was up against the fence, which btw felt like the whole fight, he made sure Diaz couldn't get under him. There was that one flying knee attempt which was so sketchy. I could tell he wasn't going to try that again for the rest of the fight :lol:

Bruh, the company JUST sold for 4 billion, and your superstar gets 3 million? Yes that's 3 million more than I have, but that's peanuts compared to what the UFC is banking.
But UFC are savages. If guys keep fighting for peanuts, why pay them more? Feel bad for these lower card dudes making a few thousand to get their brains beat in.
Yes, fighter pay has been an issue since.. Forever. Things are slowly changing but nothing significant is going to happen until there's a union

I was never a big Glover fan so I could see them treating him like a guy they believe isn't a "needle mover".

I think the difference between a Rumble and a Glover is you kind of know Rumble is an exciting fight, win or lose. So you're good to pay him well, win or lose.

With other guys, they force them to win to really make a decent check.

Last edited:
Risking your life for 10k
mean.gif
  after paying for training camp, it's basically community service
At least Dana eating good right...

As much as I wanted Diaz to win, Connor stuck to the gameplan. He just kept kicking without opening up as much as he could have to keep Diaz away. When he did knock down Diaz he didn't take Diaz's bate to the ground. He knows he's BBQ chicken down there. And finally, when he was up against the fence, which btw felt like the whole fight, he made sure Diaz couldn't get under him. There was that one flying knee attempt which was so sketchy. I could tell he wasn't going to try that again for the rest of the fight :lol:

:lol: after he pulled that flying knee kick I was like he's finished because Diaz almost took him down. That would've been such a ****** way to lose :lol:

Dana keeps the top stars paid and nothing will change unless those same stars complain. Until the fighters smarten up and unite it will remain the same. Unfortunately I don't foresee the Conor's or the jones taking a stand anytime soon for a union

Something interesting is that the fertittas weren't at 202 when conor sincerely thought they would be

Looks like they've already sort of let it go in a sense

Apparently Tecia Torres and Raquel Pennigton got married after UFC 202. Iwonder if Raquel bagged during their season together on The Ultimate Fighter

understatement of the year. dana brought the UFC to the fertitta brothers and built it from the ground up. he deserves all the credit/cash

- You know I was being sarcastic right?

Smh at quoting on mobile

Oh god

1. Cool that Mma is getting talked about more and more
2. Cowherd painfully knows little about the sport or Diaz
3. Cowherd going for the shock when he says boxing is dead and Mma has taken over

Is it only a matter of time before they force Conor to vacate his featherweight title? Any word on this yet?

Oh and just had to repost Cowboy's street fighter combo. Yeesh.

Edit: took down the gif. Just imagine seeing the Cerrone's beautiful combo. 

Last edited:
Conor made a very pointed comment on being forced to vacate the belt

He said the belt would be devalued if they gave it to the guy who was ko'd in 13 seconds and that the division would go to the prelims. He asked Dana why they'd want to do that

As inaccurate as that statement might be, it proves that there's going to be a power struggle between he and Dana sooner than later

Conor wants to parade as a champion while not ever defending the belt, Dana already laid down an ultimatum. Conor just said he's worked hard to parlay this power and the position he's in, he doesn't plan on vacating the belt

Edit: also sometimes they get weird about posting gifs, especially ppv cards, we don't usually post them for that reason

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom