The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Nate da Gawd got Mcnugget super riled up...but nobody thinks he's in his head, yet when McGregor does it to Aldo, he's in his head...lol

These antics are normal for Diaz and co. 

Just cuz u the loudest one in the room don't mean u winning the mental warfare, in fact ur losing it 

Last edited:
Random thought of the day:

Why do we not allow such smack talking in other sports? Can you imagine the intensity if LeBronze said **** Curry every time he was interviewed?? Disregarding the authenticity of the smack talk, it makes things more entertaining

Random thought of the day:

Why do we not allow such smack talking in other sports? Can you imagine the intensity if LeBronze said **** Curry every time he was interviewed?? Disregarding the authenticity of the smack talk, it makes things more entertaining

MMA come to prominence in a different era.

If basketball was invented today there would be way more drama.

The way it's set up now though any shifts in that direction would upset the owner/player power balance and It would also ***** with advertising revenue.

Last edited:
people were ******** on ronda hitting the pads.

wait until you see cm punk. it was so bad. :x

Just watched that CM Punk special

He should just give up

Dude is gonna get destroyed

Punk is my dude and I got nothing but love for him. I'll be rooting for him but yeah, he's gonna get mauled.

His coordination and speed with striking is just not there. And his ground game looked lacking which is supposed to be his strong suit

Nate da Gawd got Mcnugget super riled up...but nobody thinks he's in his head, yet when McGregor does it to Aldo, he's in his head...lol

These antics are normal for Diaz and co. 

Just cuz u the loudest one in the room don't mean u winning the mental warfare, in fact ur losing it 
Nothing compared to how much mcgregor got into Aldo's head lol

Cowboy will be a free agent after the fight but he said he will not test the market

I wish these guys would give themselves a chance to get paid, seems like they'll never unionize at this point

lol at glover asking the camera man if he "smells that" as he pulls out his handwraps. my handwraps would smell like a bum's ******* if i didn't wash them. i know @boxer15
 knows about that.

Stateside my wraps get washed within a day of use, the funk is too real.

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat , that's how I feel in most cases too. And the only way I'd go is if the tickets became super cheap. I was tempted to bring my streamer to watch it in the hotel room. Hoping the bars showing aren't too crazy.

Punk is my dude and I got nothing but love for him. I'll be rooting for him but yeah, he's gonna get mauled.

His coordination and speed with striking is just not there. And his ground game looked lacking which is supposed to be his strong suit

I don't know how much improvement one could make in a year and half but we should take into consideration that the footage we saw in Episode 1 was from Jan-March 2015. Let's see what he is looking like near the end of this miniseries before completely counting him out.

So the weigh in results are in, only fighters aren't indicated are Conor and Larkin. They weighing in later or what? Everyone made weight

So the weigh in results are in, only fighters aren't indicated are Conor and Larkin. They weighing in later or what? Everyone made weight

They have until 10 AM to make weight. Conor is apparently in the building.

Edit: Just weighed in at 168.

Last edited:
Nice, he needs to come in leaner, use movement and quickness. Don't just stand in the pocket and bang it out, you're not going to win that way

Just checked, this is what he weighed in last fight... welp

Last edited:
Nice, he needs to come in leaner, use movement and quickness. Don't just stand in the pocket and bang it out, you're not going to win that way

So you're saying he needs to be more efficient with his energy? Just kidding. Everyone had Conor the last fight, and now everyone has Nate. I'm gonna buck the trend and take Conor.

ticket prices falling. you'd think the irish would be flying in droves from what conor says

this card isn't really "sexy" if you are trying to sell it to a casual fan

Last edited:
So you're saying he needs to be more efficient with his energy? Just kidding. Everyone had Conor the last fight, and now everyone has Nate. I'm gonna buck the trend and take Conor.
Lol, it's actually a true statement. Going in there throwing 80-100% power shots for 5 minutes didn't have much effect on Nate, which is scary because he got hit with them. That would gas most any fighter out. Conor needs a completely different strategy 

I picked Conor last fight because Nate was coming in on such short notice. After watching Conor literally give him his best shot and Nate never once buckling, I fail to see how Conor beats him. UNLESS, he uses body shots, kicks, and conserves when to use KO blows. Even then, Diaz has a full camp and will be in better shape

If Conor wins, what do you guys think his next move is?

I think he asks for Alvarez/155 crown. He doesn't seem to haveany intention in fighting Josie again

If Diaz wins, what do you guys think his next move is?

He already said he doesn't care for titles, Alvarez or Woodley. Maybe he gets the GSP fightt?

I think he asks for Alvarez/155 crown. He doesn't seem to haveany intention in fighting Josie again

He already said he doesn't care for titles, Alvarez or Woodley. Maybe he gets the GSP fightt?
Nate said Alvarez doesn't intrigue him interestingly enough

There's no telling what will happen tbh, with Dana these days you just never know

conor goes back to 145 or vacates that belt. ufc cant continue to hold that division in hostage
alvarez wants the winner of this fight, but neither wants him :lol:

diaz only wants big names. GSP, lawler :nerd:

only way i see conor winning is if he outpoints nate for 5 rds working the body and legs. less power and focus on conserving energy. dont see conor finishing nate. i think he throws all strategy out once nates hits him with a couple shots and the result will be the same.

Last edited:
I think Conor needs to stick and move and try not to get tagged too many times with that jab. If he can avoid getting on the ground, and like you said attack Nate's legs and body, I got Conor. To me, I think he is just too skilled on his feet for Nate to keep up with, and this is coming from a huge Diaz brothers fan. He's got the blueprint, just needs to execute. But if Conor loses, man...

If Conor paces himself and sticks to a game plan, he can pull it off. If he goes in there guns blazin', he'll be in for a long night.

Prediction: Diaz submits Conor again (this time with a guillotine)

Conor isn't enjoying having his country with him this time around. They all traveled out for 200 and then there's the Olympics and I believe other European events going on right now. The Irish simply aren't with him for this one

Makes a difference in the vibe for sure

Last edited:
Conor isn't enjoying having his country with him this time around. They all traveled out for 200 and then there's the Olympics and I believe other European events going on right now. The Irish simply aren't with him for this one

Makes a difference in the vibe for sure

Plot twist: Conor turns heel and calls out Ireland after the fight

Back
Top Bottom