THE MAN FROM EARTHh vol: Mind=Blown

Originally Posted by HOOPERVILAA

Movie was a let down..cmon now. entertaining, but not mind blowing.

Exactly.  A bunch of smart, educated people discussing the history of world basically.  No bad but could've been better. 

Exactly.  A bunch of smart, educated people discussing the history of world basically.  No bad but could've been better. 

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Interesting concept. But nothing was discussed in this movie that hasn't been before....wish it wasn't shot on video.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Interesting concept. But nothing was discussed in this movie that hasn't been before....wish it wasn't shot on video.

Movie was nuts. My dude John had an answer for everything. Had his colleagues feeling mad dumb. Crazy to even think about 14,000 years of memory. Watching the planet grow in that time-span. 14,000 years ago, nobody woulda known what the world could have been like today. and not to mention - alll the girls you coulda slept with in the course 0f 14,000 years.
pimp.gif

Movie was nuts. My dude John had an answer for everything. Had his colleagues feeling mad dumb. Crazy to even think about 14,000 years of memory. Watching the planet grow in that time-span. 14,000 years ago, nobody woulda known what the world could have been like today. and not to mention - alll the girls you coulda slept with in the course 0f 14,000 years.
pimp.gif

Entertaining and interesting movie no doubt. But some of you are definitely reaching with this talk of "Mind blowing!"

If anyone has ever taken an Ancient World Lit or Mythology class in college then they would have heard all of that stuff he is talking about concerning religion.

Here's a summary for those who haven't seen it.
He's talking to a group of colleagues (college professors) about his years as a nomadic immortal human. He is talking about spending time with different famous people in our earth's history. Finally he gets to the subject of religion and then explains how basically Christianity derived from Budhism and has taken bits and pieces from other religions/myths along the way--modern religion is a fabrication. I guess the director is an atheist/agnostic and created this movie to prove his point about modern religion.

The movie is very original and definitely lingers in your head after watching it but I have no idea what was so mind blowing about it.

Entertaining and interesting movie no doubt. But some of you are definitely reaching with this talk of "Mind blowing!"

If anyone has ever taken an Ancient World Lit or Mythology class in college then they would have heard all of that stuff he is talking about concerning religion.

Here's a summary for those who haven't seen it.
He's talking to a group of colleagues (college professors) about his years as a nomadic immortal human. He is talking about spending time with different famous people in our earth's history. Finally he gets to the subject of religion and then explains how basically Christianity derived from Budhism and has taken bits and pieces from other religions/myths along the way--modern religion is a fabrication. I guess the director is an atheist/agnostic and created this movie to prove his point about modern religion.

The movie is very original and definitely lingers in your head after watching it but I have no idea what was so mind blowing about it.

Terrible movie. I could've filmed a better movie with HD camcorder. Give me my 1h45min back OP.  If that movie blew your mind, then you're simple. 

"Inception" was better...

Terrible movie. I could've filmed a better movie with HD camcorder. Give me my 1h45min back OP.  If that movie blew your mind, then you're simple. 

"Inception" was better...

The ending is VERY Twilight Zone-esque. In fact, the entire movie is kind of like one long episode of The Twilight Zone. 

The ending is VERY Twilight Zone-esque. In fact, the entire movie is kind of like one long episode of The Twilight Zone. 

Back
Top Bottom