The Making of Blueprint (XXL)...

Favorite album
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Jay is a master at marketing. I don't know if I believe he really records that fast, just because I know I record fast and even when you one-take it, itstill takes longer than you'd think. It's like at least 15 minute process with all the processes accounted for, and that's if you REALLY rush it,and I doubt the Fiesta video is THAT long
grin.gif
. All I know is that Jay-Z's "mythology" is some of the greatest @+## ever sold. From allegedly*not* writing verses to how believable some of his stories are, you just gotta feel dude's presence. When he quits for real, they should retire hisjersey button up or something. Dude's legacy is ridiculous atthis point..

I'm so tempted to read this but I gotta wait til the mag drops, then bump the album while I'm reading, I can't wait til they do the making ofCollege Dropout or anything Kanye related. Man +#@! it I can't wait I'ma read it now lol

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

I don't know if I believe he really records that fast, just because I know I record fast and even when you one-take it, it still takes longer than you'd think. It's like at least 15 minute process with all the processes accounted for, and that's if you REALLY rush it, and I doubt the Fiesta video is THAT long
grin.gif

Good to see I'm not the only one that didn't believe that "Fiesta" story...
laugh.gif

...good read though.

i remember when this dropped.

We would smokeout to this in the crib, sitting and listening.

CLASSIC forever................................ GREAT ARTICLE.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

I don't know if I believe he really records that fast, just because I know I record fast and even when you one-take it, it still takes longer than you'd think. It's like at least 15 minute process with all the processes accounted for, and that's if you REALLY rush it, and I doubt the Fiesta video is THAT long
grin.gif

Good to see I'm not the only one that didn't believe that "Fiesta" story...
laugh.gif

...good read though.
The only difference? I'm probably about to catch all hell for saying it
grin.gif

Spoiler [+]
flame_suit.jpg

Man, Fall of 2001 was epic (and sad) in SOOOO many ways. Im from South Florida so cats down here dont really appreciate Hov but I never forget my uncle lettingme hear Blueprint 1. I remember the day the towers dropped like yesterday. I was in the 8th grade and we were all in my art classroom glued to the tube. Itdidnt hit me till I got home though. My Uncle had been praticing Islam for a while but at the time, we were unaware of the huge rift in society that It wascause as far as the religions and terrorist are concerned. Later on that year, my homie burned me a copy of the album (I did eventually by the actual album andIm on like me 3rd cop but it's definately worth it). Those were great times. I also copped Stillmatic and I remember when the true blue 3s dropped inNovember of that year. I felt like I was really finding myself and leaving adolescents behind. 2001 was really an intersted year.

^7th grade for me. And I agree. 2001 was the most defining year of my life. Between this album, "9/11", the band (tenor sax ftw), learning to rap,and water cooler talks about The Simpsons, I gotta say 2001 was THAT year
pimp.gif

Listened to the album again to put all that they're sayin in better perspective...

DOPE article...

I do have my gripes tho... Why they ain't talk to Kanye?? I also would've liked to hear what Dame had to say (but that wasn't goin happen)

This article is amazing, I wish they wouldv'e interviewed Kanye and talked a lil more about how fast he recorded the whole thing but defintiely some goodinsight. I find humor in how celebs are so regular when Q-Tip said Hov was eatin a sandwich and he bounced and said see you at the gym lol. But yeah definitelya classic album for sure beyond measure. No album can really compare on a mainstream level besides Kanyes albums and The Clipse "Lord Willin" thereare some great albums since then but none compare for the overall history and feelings this album made.

Originally Posted by numbah1grimey

Man, Fall of 2001 was epic (and sad) in SOOOO many ways. Im from South Florida so cats down here dont really appreciate Hov but I never forget my uncle letting me hear Blueprint 1. I remember the day the towers dropped like yesterday. I was in the 8th grade and we were all in my art classroom glued to the tube. It didnt hit me till I got home though. My Uncle had been praticing Islam for a while but at the time, we were unaware of the huge rift in society that It was cause as far as the religions and terrorist are concerned. Later on that year, my homie burned me a copy of the album (I did eventually by the actual album and Im on like me 3rd cop but it's definately worth it). Those were great times. I also copped Stillmatic and I remember when the true blue 3s dropped in November of that year. I felt like I was really finding myself and leaving adolescents behind. 2001 was really an intersted year.

I live in South Florida too, and I was in the 8th grade when the towers dropped.

Hov's my favorite rapper, I got him and I think Ghetto Fabolous the same day from my aunt. You know it's funny whenever I say the Blueprint isHov's best album I always catch "naw naw Reasonable Doubt Reasonable Doubt" I don't see any of that in this thread...nice.

Originally Posted by CertifiedFlyBoi23

I didn't know that Em produced renegade
pimp.gif
Theres a whole different original version of it with royce and a couple of other rappers from detroit.

They should of included Kanye but on a beat CD that Kanye put out he explains how he met Jay and his process in the Blueprint album track by track. If yall canfind that Mixtape then youll hear his details. It was
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom