The Making of Blueprint (XXL)...

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Great album but easily the most overrated. Best hip-hop album of the decade? Seriously? With Jigga that N' and hola hovito on it? #%!$+. Those songs are
trash. Why do people seem to overlook those songs?
smh.gif
NT is the only place I've ever seen a book get evaluated one sentence at a time rather than holistically. An ALBUM is not like a mixtape. You don't judge an ALBUM one song, or even one line at a time. You can either be the type of teacher that reads essays and takes off for spelling, or the type that gives bonus for insight and originality. Think about it... I wonder if you know how much goes over your head when you neglect to look at the bigger picture.

The bigger picture? Listen, the blueprint is one of my favorite albums, I have listened to that album to death and I have bought about 3 copies just because my CD's are scratched to hell [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]becuase[/color] of overplay. But I can understand when an album is being overrated. Nothing on that album has gone over my head. I evaluate the whole album and Jigga that N' and hola hovito are like 2 horrible paragraphs in a great essay. If I'm a teacher, don't expect me to overlook those paragraphs, especially if they are trash. I love the album but I'm able to aknowledge that it's not a perfect album or hip-hop album of the decade. You are making it sound like there is a science to listening to Jay when there really isn't. He is great and all but don't expect me to overlook when he makes trash. Just because I state that doesn't mean I'm missing the "bigger picture."
laugh.gif
I'm taking off for spelling...

Nah but for real, I here you. I just don't agree at all. Hola Hovito is brilliant and JtN is decent at worse. And the album as a concept is much more thanthe sum of its parts anyway.

::

I like "Jigga Dat Ninja"...it's fun
You can take off the vocals from Jay and Exo and you still got IMO a hot beat
I'm a Track Masters fan heavy if it matters

::

Originally Posted by Mathilda Lando

All post 2000 albums that are better than BP:

The Eminem Show
Supreme Clientele
Stankonia
College Dropout
Late Registration
Graduation
MMLP
GRODT
American Gangster
The Black Album
Blueprint 2
Stillmatic
Lost Tapes
Untitled
The Fix
God's Son
Food & Liquor
The Cool
A Gangster and a Gentlemen
Train of Thought
Be
808's and Heartbreak

I'm forgetting a lot, but whatever.

I was joking with that last one btw.
There goes your credibility.
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

SC doesn't have a jigga my N or a Hola Hovita...

laugh.gif

What you meant to say was that The Blueprint doesn't have a "One" or a "Cherchez LaGhost"....right?

O u cant be serious
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Cats acting like both them dudes don't just blatantlylower the bar and come out and make them tracks for the clubs/radio. They say it, it's even in that article. Never affects my view on the album, cuz iunderstand.

Originally Posted by EvansST

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
And I care what an NT'er thinks about my credibility...?

roll.gif

Jay could have 'Ye make a soulful beat, record himself taking a massive dump, make a track out of it and there would be 10 threads filled with nothing but"
pimp.gif
's".

Originally Posted by Mathilda Lando

Originally Posted by EvansST

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
And I care what an NT'er thinks about my credibility...?

roll.gif

Jay could have 'Ye make a soulful beat, record himself taking a massive dump, make a track out of it and there would be 10 threads filled with nothing but "
pimp.gif
's".

Man be serious for a second, no one is in here saving Vol. 1 or Vol. 2. Both of which I like, but definitely have more than a couple tracks taht could go. Vol1 especially.
Your list wasnt even halfway serious. You just did it for reaction. You could have just picked 5 strong candidates, instead you went out of your way to list20+albums that arent all seriously better. Its silly. Lets be serious...

The only one I was joking about was 808's.

How you gonna tell me what I think is "better"? Music is all opinion, isn't it?

What makes BP better than all the albums I posted?

Great read. But BP isn't better than Supreme Clientele. BP is a classic in the modern sense, not a true classic like "Doggy Style" or "ReadyTo Die". I find myself flipping 2 or 3 tracks on BP but I love that album and think it's a post 2000 classic.

Don't know about the rest of ya'll, but I love Hola Hovito, it just has the perfect Spanish vibe to it.

Back
Top Bottom