The Lord of the Rings : The Rings of Power Thread | Amazon Prime Series S2 Fridays

Trying to be optimistic about season 2. For season 1, only 36% of viewers watched all the episodes. Wonder if amazon would cancel the show if that number doesn't improve.

Last edited:
Trying to be optimistic about season 2. For season 1, only 36% of viewers watched all the episodes. Wonder if amazon would cancel the show if that number doesn't approve.
Same. I want to believe they learned from their mistakes with the writing.

i think its just a touch story to tell if they’re not going to focus one thing like the movies did

you cant have too much exposition but at the same time there are so much you need to explain in this world

its not just the rise of sauron but theres the rings, the wizards, the war, the elves and dwarves relations, the mitrhil, balrog, adar, etc… and most of them they tried to make it a mystery and guessing game of whose who…

it just get complicated and convoluted and requires too much knowledge of the “incomplete” books

Cant wait, thoroughly enjoyed S1 thought it was a love letter to Tolkiens books

A la' Denis and his iteration of DUNE

BLOWS GOT or HOD out the water as far as fantasy goes IMO

Good start to the season so far. elrond needs to smack the hell out of galadriel and the king. Is galadriel dumb AF in the books too?

Yeah but it's absolute stupidity and a large part embarrassment that she didn't want to tell anyone who halbrand really was, the biggest threat to middle earth. It keeps causing bigger problems. Doesn't help that celebrimbor is so easily seduced by halbrand just giving him a compliment.

Yeah but it's absolute stupidity and a large part embarrassment that she didn't want to tell anyone who halbrand really was, the biggest threat to middle earth. It keeps causing bigger problems. Doesn't help that celebrimbor is so easily seduced by halbrand just giving him a compliment.
She literally found out he was Sauron the day Elrond went off to go snitch....episode 1 starts off right after Elrond finds the family scroll by the pond.

Its not like she was hiding this secret for days or weeks.....

Halbrand is smart he got to Calebrembor before word got to him that he was actually Sauron.

Halbrand is just 1 step ahead of everyone right now, Galadriel knows his playbook but she's getting resistance from the Elves

just caught s2e1 and it was a good season opener, most interesting part was saurons backstory to start the show and how he became halbrand and where he was at

the rings plot felt disjointed and simply putting them on was enough to make the tree grow alive again... eh but halbrand really brought it all back together

but what i am most excited about is the season 2 preview trailer, their actually going to have the most op dude in all of LotR, might even be more op than sauron with the ring, tom f'n bombadil 🤯 hope dude performs some feats than just simply coaching gandalf

Not Calebrimbor!

Sauron tooo slick with it.

Why do I kinda like Halbrand/Sauron? :lol:

And F them them usurpers at Numenor!

Cant believe Jack Black really stole the Queens thunder with the eagle.....

MEGA SCUMBAG :angry:

Oh an Arondir finally showed up and did not disappoint :pimp:

Already halfway tomorrow, its only 8 episodes this season!

The pacing has been great, its moving along and there is no dragging or filler like Got/HoD

Definitely feel more intuned with what's going on this season. Those ******* names man (Calebrimbor?)

only thing that annoyed me is we got another “who dat” with the intro of a new wizard

better not be saruman either :lol:

Never read the books and Sauron is just never driven home for me as someone whose motivations I should care about. They need to show that at some point.

I saw the haters' main complaint this season is seeing the orc with his orc girlfriend and orc kid. Was weird to see but it didn't already ruin the season like the trolls are claiming.

I thought the new guy was the brown wizard with the animals (think we saw him in the hobbit movies) but it's tom bombadil. I watched a youtube vid about him and he was left out of the lotr movies. Wondering how long the show is gonna avoid revealing the names of the stranger and the evil wizard.

Back
Top Bottom