The Kid Griffey Jr. wearing the BEST cleats in the Game!

I love that black/white/red remix...but I'm dying to see a Mariners colorway..I know it wouldn't make sense for him to have a Mariners PE..butit'll be dope. And Nike would be out of their minds to not release a street version of the remix...might as well make some Swingman fitted caps and appareltoo.

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

I was watching SC last night. They said something I didn't realize. Junior is the leagues active leader in HR's.
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

^ Yeah, I guess that would make sense, since Sammy Sosa's out of the league now. I remember he was a little behind Sosa at the end of last season, and Iwas thinking he would pass him this season. But with Sammy not playing now, then... yeah... Griffey's the active leader, and should pass up Sammy in thenext couple months.

I know I'm late on seeing the PE's but it really would be sad if NIKE did not release these to the general public. Best PE of the year
pimp.gif

Great article. Griffey is obviously selfless now-a-days. Someone needs to go ahead and push his promotions back into the limelight.

wowww....4 more....

i'm keeping my fingers crossed that he waits to hit 600 in SF next weekend cuz i WILL fly down there and buy tickets to all 3 games

mom working for an airline appreciation
pimp.gif

I'm sure you are all familiar with BP the owner. I hit him him up because I was curious how these SwingmanRetros would look with the turf bottoms from the Griffey Max and the Griffey Max II. I couldn't find any pics of the Griffey Max II that matched the sameangle as the Swingman Retro catalog pic we have.

So I gave him this catalog pic, and a pic of these Griffey Maxes:

airgriffeymaxii08cleat0op5.jpg
2005621234467149777_rs.jpg

He mashed 'em up and came up with these beauties (and I mean BEAUTIES):

Obviously, there's some yellowing on the air bubbles in those Griffey Maxes in the picture, so the bubbles on the Swingman Retros look more yellow thanwhat they would actually be if they were a clear sole.

But the main thing I love about the look is that people were saying that there was too much Air Griffey Max II influence on the Swingman Retro, but if you slapthe Swingman Retro on an AGM sole, then that solves that.
smokin.gif

I think they're freaking hot, and they'd be the first Nike I bought 3 pairs of in a looong, LOOONG time. Obviously, they'd do a Reds colorway, andthat would be copped. And they'd probably do a plain black/white colorway with a liiiiittttle bit of red (like how the white/black AGMs were black/whitewith a liiiiittttle bit of teal), and those would be copped and worn every week. And then they'd do some alternate colorway (maybe a colorway like theteal/black Diamond Furys and the teal/black AGMs?
eek.gif
).

Just thought I'd share his result with you.

The bubble isn't yellowed. They're actually super clear showing the yellow inside the sole. Neither here nor there.

The PS looks good. BP is the best. Way better with the AGMI midsole.

^ Oh, is that what it is?

See, I love Griffeys and I love Griffeys, but I'm oblivious to details like that.

I have a pair of the teal/black AGMs, but I just thought my bubbles had yellowed.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Oh, is that what it is?

See, I love Griffeys and I love Griffeys, but I'm oblivious to details like that.

I have a pair of the teal/black AGMs, but I just thought my bubbles had yellowed.

Nope. Your bubbles aren't yellow. That's just the color detail behind the bubble window. So, yeah for you! Your windows are clear!
roll.gif

hmmm... I wonder what a white outsole would look like...

Great PS by the way!

If nike does decide to release them in a crosstrainer version it will be really interesting to see what they incorporate. Maybe some new technology or use somecurrent tech or bring back some old format like the PS above. Can't wait I want to buy some now.

as much as I love to see Jr throw his body out on the line to make spectacular catches, a part of me cringes, hoping he doesn't hurt himself...
ohwell.gif

It's a love hate. I agree as far cringing when making a circus catch. On the hand, no one can ever say he didn't give it his all.

Thank god he's not fielding like Bonds did the past couple years.

It's Griffey's anti-DH movement. LOL

Back
Top Bottom