THE JOHN STOCKTON APPRECIATION POST!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

The All time NBA leader in assists( 5,483 ahead the next person on the list) and steals.(30 percent of the next person on the list)
eek.gif
Thats impressive

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Dude knew the dirty tricks of the trade
laugh.gif

His assist numbers though were ABSURD. Nine seasons in a row leading the NBA in APG:

My other favorite Stockton stats:

He played in every game for 17 of his 19 seasons
His teams made the playoffs 19 of his 19 seasons
eek.gif

Major Appreciation
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TCERDA

Best PURE point guard of all-time. Ok!!!! At least Top 3. Not the tallest, not the quickest, Couldn't jump, and a slight above avg. shooter, but still got the job done night in and night out. Appreciated!!!!
pimp.gif
51.5% field goals in 19 seasons as a small point guard is a little more than slightly above average as a shooter.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Originally Posted by TheYoungestGun

BEST POINT GUARD IN THE HISTORY OF GAME
I'd say Magic 1a and Stockton 1b (If only he got a ring).

Ain't no way he better than Isaiah. 2 rings>0 rings

Look at Isiah's teams then look at Stockton's teams plus if the Bad Boy Pistons are playing in the Comeback Era Jordan I'm not sure if Isiah hasany rings.

what does a ring have to do with it? cause magic won a ring he's the better point guard? magic played with kareem... it's like saying derek fisher isbetter than allen iverson cause he won 3 rings and iverson has none... as a point man, stockton was better and he has the records to back it up... being ascorer is not what a point guard is all about, so isaiah is out, besides he might be the better player but not the better point guard

Stockon is THE BEST PG OF ALL TIME!!!!! Stop hating on dude. I doubt zeke would of got any rings playing in the jordan era and Magic was a center playing PG ucould dominate using is size on most pgs in the league. Like somebodt said earlier in this thread stockon was a PURE PG.

Originally Posted by Jules300

Stockon is THE BEST PG OF ALL TIME!!!!! Stop hating on dude. I doubt zeke would of got any rings playing in the jordan era and Magic was a center playing PG u could dominate using is size on most pgs in the league. Like somebodt said earlier in this thread stockon was a PURE PG.
Have you ever seen Magic Johnson play? Sure he was tall, but he had court vision like no other. Of course, the Showtime Lakers were loaded, butyou can't say Magic wasn't a pure point guard.

they way stockton would beat people off the dribble on the wing was crazy...very deceptive. he'd look one way completely while dribbling with theright...started dribbling toward his defender and quickly crossover to the left and blow by him.

did that to ron harper a good dozen times during the two championship series' with the bulls.

his shot was money (albeit a weird release from the side of his head) and dudes vision was always nice. to be real though, he had one of the best finishing bigmen of all time to help inflate those numbers but its not like he didnt make it really easy for malone at times.

I don't want to like him due to his style of play (dirty), but I realized it was almost always Malone playing like that and Stockton seemed to get the badrap as well. Yeah, John did his thing and was just an assist machine night after night. Can't "hate" on that.

he is the greatest point guard of all time

Magic is better than him as an overall player but not better than him as a pure point

The dirty player comments are just stupid because the game was much more physical on the perimeter when he played. Nowadays guys get assaulted down low, but ifyou breath on someone 15 feet or out, you're getting a whistle. He was just playing along with the style of play, and he did it better than anyone.

i think the 'dirty' player is a compliment... he always got away with crap because he did it without being caught. I know that from all the elbowinghe done to Van Exel, Shaq, and the 97 Lakers
laugh.gif
I hated him then, butthats all part of the game. Now that he's gone, i appreciate his sneaky elbows compared to the flopping nowadays

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by TCERDA

Best PURE point guard of all-time. Ok!!!! At least Top 3. Not the tallest, not the quickest, Couldn't jump, and a slight above avg. shooter, but still got the job done night in and night out. Appreciated!!!!
pimp.gif
51.5% field goals in 19 seasons as a small point guard is a little more than slightly above average as a shooter.

Let me let you in on some info my friend.. A 51.5% FG does not mean you are an above average SHOOTER. SHAQ's career FG % is 0.582. (Better than JohnStockton's)
wink.gif
And he is a horrible shooter. Stockton's shot wasnice, but never considered great. Thats all i'm sayin. AGAIN Stockton FTW
pimp.gif

51.5% as a shooter from the floor is slightly above average? are you kidding me? that's very good, considering he didnt dunk, most of it came from jumpers,3s. so yeah more than 50% for 19 seasons is very impressive... best point guard ever.. yeah i said it, better than magic, isaiah, kidd, price, anderson,robertson everyone of them... even gp, t-bug

Back
Top Bottom