The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is Mike Smith a bad coach?
As cliche as it is he lives up of the tendency of playing not to lose instead of playing to win the game. So many times once we got to a 14-20 point lead in the second half it was just run up the middle, run up the middle, run up the middle...the reason Matt Ryan is one of the leaders in 4th quarter comebacks since he came into the league is cause we have had to chase so many games constantly under Mike Smith giving up leads and going passive on offense in the second half till its almost to late to decide to let the players play and try to win the game instead of not losing it. He has made questionable decisions in time management, when and what play to call going on 4th down (he had final say over the coordinators). He made his name in the league as a DC but out defense in his time was pretty bad at their best for one season it was average.
repped.

this is earily similar to Del Rio 
laugh.gif

Mike Smith is a average coach. Not great, not terrible.

I personally want Jim Bob Cooter or Kyle Shanahan, but I would welcome Mike Smith.

Last edited:
Final W/L

NFC N : 30 - 34
NFC E : 39 - 24 - 1
NFC S : 33 - 31
NFC W : 23 - 39 - 2

AFC N : 26 - 37 - 1
AFC E : 36 - 28
AFC S : 29 - 35
AFC W : 38 - 26

I am on the Matt Moore-'gon-shine-his-time's-been-due train.

I was impressed with him a few years ago/five years ago when he filled in in Carolina, and this seems like a game where the 10-point spread favoring Pittsburgh is going to be a lot lower than that in reality when the final score manifests itself. 23-20/27-24 IMO. Seems, right now, that Tannehill won't play but we'll see re: practice tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom