The IMAX Scam

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

Wait wait wait wait wait wait, you thought 300 sucked?!?!?
300 is the only movie I've ever almost walked out of, and that's saying a lot, because I've seen some really bad movies in theaters.
same here. movie was such hot garbage. I got duped into watching that for sure

Pron on IMAX
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

So will I be able to watch the dkr prologue/mi4 at lincoln center?

yes because it is true imax. its where i bought my tickets for.

3D is the worst fad ever and it better end soon. I haven't seen anything in an imax since 6th grade so I dont care too much anyways

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

It's not just the size of the screen, but the clarity of picture and the depth. Anyone who has seen the opening in TDK may have had that weird feeling of vertigo as the IMAX camera was panning over the buildings.
Thinking back, I didn't realize that I got that vertigo feeling... I'll be more attentive next time 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Don't forget 3D. However, the new movie Hugo, directed by Scorcese, is supposed to be the first true must-see 3D film.

I saw avatar in imax 3d thought i was riding dragons and swinging through trees......it was amazing

That's why I only go to Lincoln Square to watch movies in IMAX. Screen is stupid big Dark Knight was so epic.

I learned something new today. I thought all IMAX theaters were domes because the only one I've been to was a dome.

The only IMAX near me is a 'real' one so I have nothing to worry about, seen TDK in it twice. 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Good to know, tried to figure out which IMAX in NYC was a real one last year and wasn't able to find out.

I live in Maryland and there is one of those variant IMAX screens in White Marsh that is a complete joke. I only will buy a ticket there if the movie seems like its gonna have an epic score/sound mixing. If its an EVENT movie, I'll drive the 90 minutes up to King of Prussia to go see their IMAX.
Can't stand how these things are labeled IMAX, yet they look like they just ripped the screen off of the regular theatre and pinned it to a box on the floor ala those big !#@ DLP televisions.

Also few movies are shot with imax cams. Batman had some scenes and transformers 2. Real imax is insane. The best movie I seen on imax is still avatar.

Originally Posted by Cels The YoungGod

Lincoln Center Imax is simply amazing

I plan on doing a two day Lincoln Center trip in July. 
1.) To see Spiderman on its last day

2.) To see Dark Knight on its opening day

Originally Posted by mrkittles20

Originally Posted by Cels The YoungGod

Lincoln Center Imax is simply amazing

I plan on doing a two day Lincoln Center trip in July. 
1.) To see Spiderman on its last day

2.) To see Dark Knight on its opening day
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]What's so good about it?  my theater has the same specs[/color]

Originally Posted by mrkittles20

I live in Maryland and there is one of those variant IMAX screens in White Marsh that is a complete joke. I only will buy a ticket there if the movie seems like its gonna have an epic score/sound mixing. If its an EVENT movie, I'll drive the 90 minutes up to King of Prussia to go see their IMAX.
Can't stand how these things are labeled IMAX, yet they look like they just ripped the screen off of the regular theatre and pinned it to a box on the floor ala those big !#@ DLP televisions.
eek.gif
eek.gif

Im sitting here tryna remember when the last time I saw an IMAX & it was in White Marsh...
laugh.gif
Cant remember the film but no I realize why it was so wack

Back
Top Bottom