The Hobbit: an unexpected journey. Anyone looking forward to this??

**** outta here you want diversity in The Hobbit
mean.gif
laugh.gif

Out of all the films that need more diversity this is not one of the them.
Why not? None of these fantasy films have black people as lead characters. It's ridiculous. I mean damn , I'm about to stop spending money on movies that don't give leads to black actors. It ain't right. 

Why not? None of these fantasy films have black people as lead characters. It's ridiculous. I mean damn , I'm about to stop spending money on movies that don't give leads to black actors. It ain't right. 
Lol, why do the "have to"?

If you want to see a black elf, watch Thor 2.

Or just wait for a black writer to write his own fantasy type movie. Surprised there hasn't been a Wayans spoof or a serious version done yet.

There's some diversity in Game of Thrones when they go to different islands.

I can't lie, not about to derail this thread, but I was watching this movie and it made me think a lot. Like black people don't have any fantasy type movies, we don't know the history of Africa, even if we did, culturally we are closer to Europeans. I don't know more than three words in African, ask me where my history is I'm telling you Southern Maryland, ask my favorite tales they are all about some white kid...well Greek/Middle Eastern to be exact. It's crazy, not seeing a black dude in that movie, kind of got to me...same time, no need to force them in, it ain't that deep, you'll just loose a audience.

I want to write a movie with a black lead, but man... would the world like a black elf? I was thinking a wizard or something, A witch doctor would be so racists, but honestly, those are the only black magicians...we got Creole Voodo...man idk.

..Man race is to damn much...

The dumb **** y'all think up. What's worse is that you think you actually saying something :lol:

The ending was dope that's how you have a cliffhanger had people pissed that was the end

I can't lie, not about to derail this thread, but I was watching this movie and it made me think a lot. Like black people don't have any fantasy type movies, we don't know the history of Africa, even if we did, culturally we are closer to Europeans. I don't know more than three words in African, ask me where my history is I'm telling you Southern Maryland, ask my favorite tales they are all about some white kid...well Greek/Middle Eastern to be exact. It's crazy, not seeing a black dude in that movie, kind of got to me...same time, no need to force them in, it ain't that deep, you'll just loose a audience.

I want to write a movie with a black lead, but man... would the world like a black elf? I was thinking a wizard or something, A witch doctor would be so racists, but honestly, those are the only black magicians...we got Creole Voodo...man idk.

..Man race is to damn much...

the thing is, he wouldnt be a "black elf" but just an elf that happens to be brown. Since elves arent real, the lore you create wouldnt be unusual. The world could have purple elves and it wouldnt have anything to do with race( unless you try to include it etc) Whether the characters in fanatasy movies ar whatever race, its usually just mirrors the author.

Last edited:
was really good but some stupid parent brought their devil child that kept talking throughout the movie.

...what kind of idiot brings their 4 year old demon spawn to a 3 hour movie?

Last edited:
Movie was great.

Seeing Sauron was pretty dope.

Bombur vs. the Orcs when they were coming down the river in barrels. :lol:

was really good but some stupid parent brought their devil child that kept talking throughout the movie.

...what kind of idiot brings their 4 year old demon spawn to a 3 hour movie?

I don't know why anyone would bring a kid under 7-8 to a movie that isn't a super simple animated film. Recently I saw a couple bring a baby.

The dumb **** y'all think up. What's worse is that you think you actually saying something
laugh.gif

The ending was dope that's how you have a cliffhanger had people pissed that was the end
Nothing was dope about that ending
mad.gif

watched it this morning... pretty good... can't wait til next year :x :smokin
what was the name of the ending credit song?

Last edited:
Just came back from watching. A lot more action than the first one and Smaug is a beast. Can't wait for part 3.

When the "get in my bellllly" dwarf's barrel flipped over out of the river & the roll sequence started, reminded me of when Legolas flipped up onto the horse in the original trilogy. Movie was beyond SOLID! Perhaps could have shaved maybe 20 mins. Glad the train is back on track.

Loved when Legolas was checking the dwarf's wallet pics & he said that's my whee lad "Gimli", young Gs

Last edited:
just seen this......

first and foremost my biggest complaint about the whole LOTR series is my hated for gollum.  i hated alll his scenes in this entire franchise

with that said............

this movie has no gollum
pimp.gif

my goodness LEGOLAS was VISCOUS in this, dude was even in a fist fight
eek.gif

Ian Mclellan lookin REALLLLY old. straight ancient.

Tauriel wanted to give up the yambs to Kili and Legolas

the liquid gold trick was very clever...................FAIL.

dont want to wait a full year for the next one
mean.gif

the hobbit extended edition is wack BUT its two extra discs of extras 8 hours of behind the scenes.

the behind the scenes are beter than the movie itself lol.

poor ian mckellan. dude was strugglin tryin to make some of those scenes esp the dinner scene in the beginning lol

Man this movie was so meh (same with the first one), the magic just isn't there any more. 

I don't think anything could stop me from being excited about this franchise but there's nothing to love about the Hobbit films. 

**** outta here you want diversity in The Hobbit 
mean.gif

laugh.gif

Out of all the films that need more diversity this is not one of the them.
No point in arguing this with white people bro. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
movie was dope. it doesn't pack as much of a punch as the LOTR did but thats only because ive seen LOTR many times over, and i know that feel of waiting for it in theaters. but a solid film nonetheless. this one was more interesting than the last.

legolas is my only complaint. he keeps it so G in this film, so cold, makes me annoyed we didn't have this version in LOTR. body amor and all. but orlando bloom is older and i think he buffed up a bit, so i can't be surprised at the slight difference lol.

nothing spectacular, but fun to watch nonetheless. all i could ask for.

Man this movie was so meh (same with the first one), the magic just isn't there any more. 

I don't think anything could stop me from being excited about this franchise but there's nothing to love about the Hobbit films. 

No point in arguing this with white people bro. :lol:  

You think im white? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom