The Great Gatsby vol. 2012 Tobey Maguire, Leonardo Dicaprio, Carey Mulligan

Originally Posted by Kramer

I remember reading about 2 pages of this in HS
laugh.gif
That's surprising. This is usually the book that kids who "hate reading" always finish and love it.

Can't wait for this film. I love the book and enjoyed both the '49 and '74 film versions. And with Leo, it should be at least a half decent film.

Looks absolutely terrible.

The music selection for the trailer is horrid. The film doesn't look exciting or interesting, nor does it look like Leo is going to be Oscar Worthy...again. I think Mulligan might actually shine here, as she has in many of her films.

Frankly, Leo's banking on Django Unchained.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

laugh.gif
That's surprising. This is usually the book that kids who "hate reading" always finish and love it.

Eh read it last year it drags at times but it was okay overall, the ending and what happens leading up to it past half way through the book was good though. Then we saw the movie in class...one they made in the 90s i think. BLOWED.

Originally Posted by FuzzyRobot

I cant stand watchin Tobey Maguire, but i dont know why. I think it's because of spiderman 3.

This 
laugh.gif
My son Leonardo though 
pimp.gif

Cant even front on Leo, his last couple movies have been HRs, i expect a solid performance. The cinematography looks to be amazing, and costumes look on point too. This period in history is always interesting visually, and i feel that the director could really take the story and transform it into a whole new world for us to view. Highly anticipated and best believe ill be reading this again.

Some people dont watch Entourage if they didnt get the Adrian Grenier mention.

Idk why but this was never a novel I liked. Will see it because of Leo though.

Meh HS was too long ago for me to remember what this book was about
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

laugh.gif
My absolute favorite book senior year, picked it up once Borders was closing. Will re-read twice before it releases
smokin.gif
I hated this book, 1984>>>

laugh.gif

That's what happened to meGatsby>Holden

Originally Posted by hymen man

pimp.gif

This Winter's about to be Leo's.

Django Unchained (I know this is Waltz main role, but Leo as a villain will be great. Hearing some of the reviews of people who saw 7 minutes of the movie say he was great in what they saw)
Then this...

He better get his Oscar this year.. I'm tired of it already.

Best actor not named Daniel Day Lewis. Yes, I said it.
Speaking of DDL, his Lincoln movie with Spielberg is still scheduled to come out this Oscar season. And if it does, RIP to everyone elses Oscar chances
laugh.gif

Daniel can get Best Actor which he will rightfully deserve..

but Leo DEFINITELY needs to get Supporting for Calvin Candie.

But this year has some great movies slated to come out, it really is an open field once October rolls around.

laugh.gif

Guess Im the opposite then cause I read every other book ha

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

laugh.gif
My absolute favorite book senior year, picked it up once Borders was closing. Will re-read twice before it releases
smokin.gif
I hated this book, 1984>>>

QFT

I don't even remember anything about the book.  That trailer doesn't make me want to go out and watch the movie.

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Eh read it last year it drags at times but it was okay overall, the ending and what happens leading up to it past half way through the book was good though. Then we saw the movie in class...one they made in the 90s i think. BLOWED.
laugh.gif
@ it was okay overall

Its nice to see this movie is coming out. I had to read the book in the 10th grade.

I'd watch Carey Mulligan read the dictionary.
embarassed.gif

Never seen or read Gatsby though.
nerd.gif

I'll check this Zach Snyder-fied version.

Back
Top Bottom