The Great Gatsby vol. 2012 Tobey Maguire, Leonardo Dicaprio, Carey Mulligan

This, the Sun Also Rises, and the Kite Runner were probably my favorite books in high school

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Eh read it last year it drags at times but it was okay overall, the ending and what happens leading up to it past half way through the book was good though. Then we saw the movie in class...one they made in the 90s i think. BLOWED.
laugh.gif
@ it was okay overall
Didn't like this book when I read it or now either. Feel the same way about Catcher in the Rye. Crazy over hyped for a supposed classic book. Lord of the Flies > both

I didn't get to like GG until I saw the '74 film
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Looks absolutely terrible.

The music selection for the trailer is horrid. The film doesn't look exciting or interesting, nor does it look like Leo is going to be Oscar Worthy...again. I think Mulligan might actually shine here, as she has in many of her films.

Frankly, Leo's banking on Django Unchained.

sadly i agree with you, thought i left WTT on repeat on my laptop when i watched it, Hopefully the 2nd trailer will be better. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 @ peeps thinking vinnie chase would be in this, especially if Marty Scorecese is directing the movie, you KNOW leo would be the lead in real life.

Leo is like the Merryl Streep for men when it comes to oscars, always nominated but never wins. Hopefully he gets the supporting nod for django. but with so many heavy hitters coming out later(les miserables, hobbit, django, lawless, gangster squad,skyfall) this film could go overlooked if not executed correctly.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Looks absolutely terrible.

The music selection for the trailer is horrid. The film doesn't look exciting or interesting, nor does it look like Leo is going to be Oscar Worthy...again. I think Mulligan might actually shine here, as she has in many of her films.

Frankly, Leo's banking on Django Unchained.

All of this

The fact they use a 2011 jay z / kanye west single for a movie in the 1920's throws up a huge red flag to me. Instantly ruined any kind of atmosphere the trailer was trying to set. You just don't do that.

Looks interesting. A movie I will actually get off my lazy @%% to go see in theaters for. Thanks for the heads up.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

I hate that broad, her unattractiveness ruined Wall Street 2 and Drive for me
30t6p3b.gif

this all day! She's got that Kirsten Dunst syndrome
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Keif Sweat

Originally Posted by sendtheroses

this movie is giving me the biggest anticiperection...
and leo>>>> adrien grenier
indifferent.gif

not even in the same ball park OR league
253080_o.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Love this episode, when Ari gets his edge back!

he film, well I literally can not wait for it.! Too bad Scorsese isn't directing, that would be crazy.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Leo is my favorite actor. But,he doesnt look like ''The Great Gatsby'' he seems uncomfortable..

Gatsby is an uncomfortable/awkward character in the book though

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I hate that broad, her unattractiveness ruined Wall Street 2 and Drive for me
30t6p3b.gif
They don't know.
They haven't seen An Education...or Shame...or Never Let Me Go...or Dri--wait.

I seen Shame. Nothing moved when she had her little whorish sex scene. That broad is unimpressive but it aint nothing wrong with yall liking plain janes.

It's almost as if Leo took this role as a favor to someone involved with its production. When it comes out, I'll give it a watch, but I don't expect it to be a great film, maybe a good movie, but not a great film. The fact that it's 3D
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom