****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Not even mad. Colleges exploit those kids more than anything. And somehow that's the premier place to hone your skill and be considered a potential prospect. All it takes is a few big name cats and it's a wrap. I always felt like collegiate sports was just another way to sell the idea of college. Some colleges I wouldn't even know about if it wasn't for sports.

You can’t really hate on LaVar for his vision. I’ll give him that. :lol:

This league idea seems like a long shot, but I can’t even knock the concept. At the very least, maybe this will get folks thinking differently about how we approach the business side of sports for the athletes themselves.

Dudes are playing in cartel land Mexico for a few hundred pesos just to keep their hoop dreams alive. There will be enough players for this.

:lol: nobody wanna watch bums like that hoop. There’s former d1 hoopers waking around every city in America and playing in rec leagues in between stints overseas, nobody tryin to watch them hoop.

If Lavar envisions this as an avenue for the top HS prospects to go for a year before the nba this ain’t going nowhere

:lol: nobody wanna watch bums like that hoop. There’s former d1 hoopers waking around every city in America and playing in rec leagues in between stints overseas, nobody tryin to watch them hoop.

If Lavar envisions this as an avenue for the top HS prospects to go for a year before the nba this ain’t going nowhere
Agreed, the league in theory is a good idea but as far as getting the top talent out of HS he's likely only gonna get kids who drop out early, can't make the grades for a decent d1 school or other scrubs who weren't going D1 in the first place. Plus if he even managed to get a handful of kids that had legit NBA aspirations I'm sure the league would go even harder in doing away with the one and done rule.

I really hope Lavar ain't out here gambling with Lonzo rookie money to get this off the ground.

Looking real Billy Hoyle in the face.

I like where Lavar is coming from, I just don't wanna see him turn the NCAA into a ZO2 prime remix shoe.

I like the product they put out and don't care if some athletes get "exploited"

I want this to work, wayyyy more than I think it will. IF a prospect wants to bypass college and go to the league, why not go straight to the G League?

Regardless, I do love the emphasis on bypassing the NCAA and even if it isn't the JBLA or whatever lavar is calling it, hopefully it'll get these top prospects to think outside the box

Crazy...but in thinking about it, and JUST from a clothing/shoe standpoint, but what's the difference between BBB and Rockdeep Inc.?

My prediction - nothing will materialize on this league idea....However Lavar is being talked about, which is his first priority, so he's achieving his goal.

As we have seen from day 1, Lavar making sense doesnt matter at all, just being talked about is all that matters #Nevalost

My prediction - nothing will materialize on this league idea....However Lavar is being talked about, which is his first priority, so he's achieving his goal.

As we have seen from day 1, Lavar making sense doesnt matter at all, just being talked about is all that matters #Nevalost
So then you're also a fan of Trump cause he says a lot that doesn't make sense either but enjoys the spotlight from trolling.

Got it.

Crazy...but in thinking about it, and JUST from a clothing/shoe standpoint, but what's the difference between BBB and Rockdeep Inc.?
Pretty sure rockdeep didn’t ever have anything materialize other than mockups.

There’s a market for everything if its presented correctly

Minor league hoops in America has failed over and over and over since the beginning of time and the D League/G league would also be bankrupt if it wasn’t funded by the nba

Every top recruit has the choice to skip NCAA for the G league and 0 did it this year bc they all rather go to college

The thing is no one wants to watch the number 33 ranked high school player play lol

Or a 28 year old who hoops at 24 hour fitness

Maybe if they put the top 10 players on separate teams to see how they lead but I don’t think so

Back
Top Bottom