****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

He could kill TBE in his heyday but somehow didn't sniff the league or even a starting spot in college. FOH

he better hope Lonzo is the real deal at the NBA level or this is all gonna come crashing down really fast on him

Dude strikes me as the type to elbow you intentionally while going up for a lay up. Think Karl Malone but without the talent or skill.

It must be nice to be a high school kid or young college kid with your own brand. The ball brothers prob get all the yambs. Lavar is a typical Uncle or Father from LA. My uncle acts just like Lavar. LA uncles talk the most trash and believe it.

His approach is brilliant in the fact that it's either gonna succeed in ways we've never seen or it's gonna crash and burn and fail miserably.

As of right now though I see it failing badly because who is chucking down $57 for some dumb T-shirts. I'd love to see sales on that.

His approach is brilliant in the fact that it's either gonna succeed in ways we've never seen or it's gonna crash and burn and fail miserably.

As of right now though I see it failing badly because who is chucking down $57 for some dumb T-shirts. I'd love to see sales on that.

You must not know how hypebeasts work.

Right now though just looks like he's relishing in the media attention, the more they push the more he'll say.

he better hope Lonzo is the real deal at the NBA level or this is all gonna come crashing down really fast on him

How?

Will his job fire him?

Will he lose his retirement package?

Will his wife divorce him?

:nerd:

You must not know how hypebeasts work.

Right now though just looks like he's relishing in the media attention, the more they push the more he'll say.

Very Trump-esque, and I ain't even mad at him.

Nick Wright from Fox sports made an excellent point

Lavar was saying his son was going to be the #1 overall pick at 10.

Lavar also said he's better than Steph Curry.

Which one is more ridiculous? Him saying that about his 10 year old son, or him saying it about his 19 year old son?

Dude been calling his shot so far... Why should it stop here?

IMO he's not

That jump shot is broke AF. Unless he's a lock down defender? But I haven't heard his name mentioned with defense..

College means nothing when you get drafted. We've seen top players exit the league after 1-2 seasons :lol:

if you're looking up lavars stats you are fully invested

you already in too deep and have fell victim of the marketing and don't even know it

his kids playing for your team is now a guaranteed bump in viewership

If he's wrong nothing will happen to him anyway. He doesn't care what people say about him. People will just continue not to buy his ball brand.

IMO he's not

That jump shot is broke AF. Unless he's a lock down defender? But I haven't heard his name mentioned with defense..

College means nothing when you get drafted. We've seen top players exit the league after 1-2 seasons :lol:

View media item 2366755

Shutyoass228rn.gif

Cats just saying stuff now.

Y'all need to watch this boy play.

Son is better than freshman John Wall.

IMO he's not

Shawn Marion had an even worse shot and he made it how many years??

:nerd:

fair enough...

[before you read the rest, let me just say that i'm looking forward to watching Lonzo in the tournament.]

but -- and I ask this honestly -- can you tell me what the hype or enthusiasm is about? is it because they are unconventional? is it because scouts think they have the potential to be greats? is it because there's 3 of them? is it because they have an outspoken father?

distilling it down to their actual basketball skills, what i am missing? in what aspect of the game are they outpacing their peers? or is it that they offer a complete package?

i really do like some aspects of Lonzo's game and think he will make an impact in the NBA. but i just feel like the talk and hype over the Ball brothers has outstripped their actual potential.

In terms of Lonzo.....he's been an elite prospect in his class since he was 14.

Long before anybody knew who his pops was, or how "uncoventiinal" Lavars philosophy is. If you removed Lonzo pops and all the extra stuff.....he'd still be considered an elite prospect. Lonzo is a 6'6 PG that is a good athlete, is level headed and has an amazing feel for the game. He's dominated on every level. The ONLY questions are will his jumpshot translate....and if he can play in the p&r. Other than that....he has a high ceiling. Being a top 5 pick does not mean you have to be Chris Paul and Jason Kidd. Those dudes you compared him too are top 5-10 point guards of all time. He can be a good and productive player and justify his position. For instance, Mike Conley was a top 4, one and done pick.....and has never made the all star team....but he's not considered a bust or disappointment because he isn't a hall of famer. It's all relative.

Now on to his brothers. They play for one of the best teams in the country. The Middle one (Liangelo) is NOT an elite prospect. He believes in himself....his pops believes in him. Likely, he'lll end up a 4 year college player and part of Lonzo's entourage/management etc. That's a WIN If you're Lavar btw. To be a black dude from South Central...raise kids in a positive and nurturing environment, and have ALL 3 of your boys go to UCLA is beyond successful. Lavar beat the odds....and put his sons in the best position possible to succeed. I salute that brother 100000. He's raised what seems to be a close knit group of brothers that seem to be just having fun.

Now with Lamelo. He isn't as athletically gifted as Lonzo was at this stage....but he himself is VERY talented. He could really blossom into an elite prospect. He's already a top 25 player in his class.....which is elite. But to be an elite "prospect", like Lonzo was....is another level very few reach.

The ENTHUSIASM all stems from the Internet age....and the rarity of seeing 3 brothers all play a different brand of basketball...and excel with a quirky father at the same damn time. Ballislife (the YT channel) is eating off of the Ball's :lol:.

Don't see it as "hype"....just see it as exciting YouTube clips....and the pops running with it.

Very few college One and dones that get drafted in the top 5......(if any,) are out the league in 1-2 years. Very few. As bad as Anthony Bennett was....he was in the league for 4 years.

And he's the WORST #1 pick of all time. Let that sink in.

I feel like the younger ones will benefit from having a brother in the NBA and may actually raise their game.

In terms of Lonzo.....he's been an elite prospect in his class since he was 14.

Long before anybody knew who his pops was, or how "uncoventiinal" Lavars philosophy is. If you removed Lonzo pops and all the extra stuff.....he'd still be considered an elite prospect. Lonzo is a 6'6 PG that is a good athlete, is level headed and has an amazing feel for the game. He's dominated on every level. The ONLY questions are will his jumpshot translate....and if he can play in the p&r. Other than that....he has a high ceiling. Being a top 5 pick does not mean you have to be Chris Paul and Jason Kidd. Those dudes you compared him too are top 5-10 point guards of all time. He can be a good and productive player and justify his position. For instance, Mike Conley was a top 4, one and done pick.....and has never made the all star team....but he's not considered a bust or disappointment because he isn't a hall of famer. It's all relative.

Now on to his brothers. They play for one of the best teams in the country. The Middle one (Liangelo) is NOT an elite prospect. He believes in himself....his pops believes in him. Likely, he'lll end up a 4 year college player and part of Lonzo's entourage/management etc. That's a WIN If you're Lavar btw. To be a black dude from South Central...raise kids in a positive and nurturing environment, and have ALL 3 of your boys go to UCLA is beyond successful. Lavar beat the odds....and put his sons in the best position possible to succeed. I salute that brother 100000. He's raised what seems to be a close knit group of brothers that seem to be just having fun.

Now with Lamelo. He isn't as athletically gifted as Lonzo was at this stage....but he himself is VERY talented. He could really blossom into an elite prospect. He's already a top 25 player in his class.....which is elite. But to be an elite "prospect", like Lonzo was....is another level very few reach.

The ENTHUSIASM all stems from the Internet age....and the rarity of seeing 3 brothers all play a different brand of basketball...and excel with a quirky father at the same damn time. Ballislife (the YT channel) is eating off of the Ball's :lol:.

Don't see it as "hype"....just see it as exciting YouTube clips....and the pops running with it.
Thanks, man, I appreciate the level-headed assessment.

I do think Lonzo's court vision is impressive or even special, from what little I've seen.

I've just gotten learn to ignore his dad and instead enjoy the basketball.

Last edited:
What does lavar do for a living tho? They seem to be pretty well off from the videos. And he lost me again with the michael Jordan talk, once again proving this is more about him than anything. He gunning for that tv show/BBB sells.

What does lavar do for a living tho? They seem to be pretty well off from the videos. And he lost me again with the michael Jordan talk, once again proving this is more about him than anything. He gunning for that tv show/BBB sells.

I think he owns a gym, no sure

Low key....Lavar strikes me as a dude that got it off the muscle [emoji]128170[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji].....out the mud on the low :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom