****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

I honestly can't see how that's crazy

Unexperienced guys from the neighborhood in charge of all your business dealings. Nope can't see how that was crazy at all.
And everyone one of the professionals people thought he should pay were inexperienced guys from someone's neighborhood at one point. I like that he didn't leave his neighborhood behind. We know Bron is GM but prolly an agent as well :lol:

Unexperienced guys from the neighborhood in charge of all your business dealings. Nope can't see how that was crazy at all.

They've conditioned people to think those business dealings are much more than common sense and keeping vultures out of your pockets.

The agents you mostly see now are neighborhood guys that had money to go to college and are of a different skin pigment...

So nothing crazy about what Bron did and the success they're having is further evidence of the conditioning of "neighborhood guys" that you seem to have fallen victim to. Seem to be doing pretty well in comparison to the agents you wouldn't think one was crazy for hiring...

I honestly can't see how that's crazy

If I remember correctly, lebron paid for the homies to go to school and get certifications.
Instead of giving his homies money, he gave them a legitimate path to money and allowed them to use his brand as a starting point.

People leave that part out.

Last edited:
Brons people did what they needed to to make sure they didnt **** up his money.

He surrounded himself with guys he knew he could build something with.

It's not crazy now in hindsight because it worked out. But when it initially happened, everyone said LeBron was crazy to put his business dealings in the hand of the Rich Paul and company. This is a fact. They debated it up and down ESPN.

The point is this is no different than what's happening now with Lavar. That same conditioning can be applied here with the sneaker business. Who's to say 10 years from we won't be looking back at Lavar as being a genius and not crazy at all.

It's not crazy now in hindsight because it worked out. But when it initially happened, everyone said LeBron was crazy to put his business dealings in the hand of the Rich Paul and company. This is a fact. They debated it up and down ESPN.

The point is this is no different than what's happening now with Lavar. That same conditioning can be applied here with the sneaker business. Who's to say 10 years from we won't be looking back at Lavar as being a genius and not crazy at all.

It's a big difference my man and lebron had been in the league for 3 years or so before making the moves.

Last edited:
I hate how people go to extremes tho like the hardens, kds,kyrie and to a higher lever bron and Mike not getting a fair cut. Hell d rose too, dude's getting 100s of millions of dollars to be the face of those kicks, we gotta stop using them as examples. Nike wouldn't be nike without Jordan cool but Jordan's wouldn't be Jordan's without nike. The logo, the designs, the ads etc. U think u could've just took a converse silhouette and put mj on the side and they be half of What they are today? How y'all gas tinker n co in every shoe thread for being gods at what they do then think these dude's can make half the bread they make without them? Everybody plays a part in those deals, now those young dude's that aren't established with the 6 figure deals cool. Start using Zach Levine as an example and plz stop using Jordan, LeBron n co.

No he didn't, LeBron had it set up from the beginning where those guys sat in on every meeting he had. It wasn't 3 years later.

Last edited:
The sneaker thing is literally as simple as: should I be getting a cut of a deal when I'm the talent (95%) or should I leverage my talent to give companies a cut from using my talent/likeness to profit 100 fold? Only sounds weird or "crazy" to those who have accepted slave/capitilastic society as normal lol

Reactions: God
No he didn't, LeBron had it set up from the beginning where those guys sat in on every meeting he had. It wasn't 3 years later.

Lebron fired his agents and set up the marketing stuff in 2005. He had already been in the league for a couple of years.

If you are saying that his friends had been in the dealings before that date then it just means they did have some experience before being handed the keys.

Last edited:
Damn so Lonzo only left a 10 million deal on the table?

Why did Ben Simmons get twice that?

Last edited:

Well Ben Simmons without even making the tourney was the #1 pick in everybody's mind. 99% of people had him pegged as the best player in the draft and star potential. Lonzo wasn't the best player in college hoops and imo maybe 3rd or 4th. Markelle "mf doom" fultz is where the real money at, RBB real baller brand

Well Ben Simmons without even making the tourney was the #1 pick in everybody's mind. 99% of people had him pegged as the best player in the draft and star potential. Lonzo wasn't the best player in college hoops and imo maybe 3rd or 4th. Markelle "mf doom" fultz is where the real money at, RBB real baller brand
pimp.gif

Probably because Simmons has been thought of as the next prodigy and Ball is more of an unknown as far as how they will produce on the next level.

Also, I'm not 100% sure Ball was actually offered a contract considering the meeting were not about an endorsement but were about a partnership.

Another question I have is, what is the end game here? Is this a quick come up for some money or do they want BBB to be the next Nike? You have companies out there like Under Armour that have better products, resources, and endorsements and they still struggle to sell shoes.

I also think they are charging so much for the shoes because its costing them alot more to make than say Nike can. I bet its costing them around $80-$100 per shoe where as Nike is doing it for $30. Just my opinion.

As long as there is an NFL under armour gonna be good. I went to my lil nephew football game and 90% of them kids rock under armour cleats and gear.

Back
Top Bottom