****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

I also really enjoy what lebron did. He didn't cut out the middle man but he replaced the proposed middle men with his childhood friends in some instances :pimp:
That impressed me about Lebron as well. I'm actually rooting for the Ball kids even tho Lavar is off the chain. :lol: dont hate on Levar either despite his over the top personality..

I also really enjoy what lebron did. He didn't cut out the middle man but he replaced the proposed middle men with his childhood friends in some instances :pimp:
That impressed me about Lebron as well. I'm actually rooting for the Ball kids even tho Lavar is off the chain. :lol: dont hate on Levar either despite his over the top personality..

Yo lavar reminds me of that loud uncle every family has :lol:
I wasnt comfy with the attention he brought to his son (added pressure) but after hearing them both speak on it, it seems like it's all good so I'm just enjoying the ride.

I fully agree with Wale up until that last sentence about MJ

Am I the only one that thinks Lonzo won't see a dime of any sales? :lol:

Mike ain't give a about nothing but his bread. I don't know why Wale used him as an example.

Ol I love his kicks so ima act like he's a decent human being and has supported the black community boy :smh:

This is part of what I mean that Nike and Jordan have a mutually beneficial relationship.
Jordan isn't a great human being by any means but Nike and his endorserers helped build this "MJ IS SO AWESOME" image which benefits both parties involved.

Jordan was a killer on the court. His endorsement companies sold a persona to the public.

Last edited:
I thought Mike just didn't give a hoot about none of us

Are you ok with Lavar flipping the bird to people who can't afford his kicks? Srs question.

That's a consequence that dude will have to deal with. He's carried himself this way since I've been watching him.

His clothing isn't cheap either. I guess if wanted affordable for everyone then it would be the Affordable Baller Brand?

I thought Mike just didn't give a hoot about none of us

Are you ok with Lavar flipping the bird to people who can't afford his kicks? Srs question.

I doubt anyone is ok with that, and hopefully this is just preliminary and there are affordable models for his young fans coming, but realistically he just said the brash version of every other niche/luxury brand out there. More to the point here though Mike is the last person to use ie giving a **** about his fans.

Lavar is trippin though with that "you ain't a baller". :lol:

I love his overall message but he too damn extra. :lol:
I think that's my issue with him. Imagine a smooth businessman like Diddy or Jay Z delivering the same message as he's is and doing business that way. Then imagine Lavars goofy *** getting paraded out in espn shows because they know he'll say something stupid for ratings. Dude makes it hard for me to jump on board with the dumbness

Last edited:
I doubt anyone is ok with that, and hopefully this is just preliminary and there are affordable models for his young fans coming, but realistically he just said the brash version of every other niche/luxury brand out there. More to the point here though Mike is the last person to use ie giving a **** about his fans.

Right but I would rather figure heads take the Jordan approach and not say a word instead of having "foot in mouth" syndrome like Tommy Hilfiger, Chip Wilson, Donald Trump, and now Lavar Ball.

Maintain some level of professionalism and know when and where it's ok to be candid. And definitely don't do it on social media :lol:

Right but I would rather figure heads take the Jordan approach and not say a word instead of having "foot in mouth" syndrome like Tommy Hilfiger, Chip Wilson, Donald Trump, and now Lavar Ball.

Maintain some level of professionalism and know when and where it's ok to be candid. And definitely don't do it on social media :lol:

The thing is, it seems like the people are ignoring the bad and getting more hyped up when he gets these big wigs to speak up like when the dude at Nike spoke out about him.

You can't get those types of reactions without the personality that ball has. Gotta take the good and the bad.

I wonder how much of what they are doing is on the fly. Like on some "Let's just do it and be legends, man."

Back
Top Bottom