The Eastbay Re-Stock Thread **update pg. 10** Vol. Gold Club Member

Can I ask why I never get any of the emails that the program says it sends out? I may get a 15% off once a month. But not one time did I get an email stating there was a restock, when a lot of others have. Shouldn't that be a very simple thing to do? To me that shows confusion or a staff that drops the ball. Can Ray or any other Rep elaborate for me on this issue.

Can I ask why I never get any of the emails that the program says it sends out? I may get a 15% off once a month. But not one time did I get an email stating there was a restock, when a lot of others have. Shouldn't that be a very simple thing to do? To me that shows confusion or a staff that drops the ball. Can Ray or any other Rep elaborate for me on this issue.

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan

With the one time use 25% off discount, are you saying there is absolutely nothing on our website that you would like to order that you can use the discount on?  What about some socks, pants, a jacket or maybe a jersey? 

EastbayRep - Ray

I too have a 25% code that I will never be able to use on something that I truly want. Most of us on this board shop Eastbay for shoes, not the items you listed above. It's unfortunate that the shoes we would like to use the discount on, you can't, and the shoes that sit and can eventually be purchased with a promotion code your size is always gone. I mean, even Footlocker is starting to honor birthday "discounts" on new releases. Why can't Eastbay just honor the code for one release a year. It's not going to hurt your pockets or JB's.  Nobody wants to save $1.60 on 8.00 pair of socks. That's a waste of a Gold card membership and discount code if you ask me.

Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan

With the one time use 25% off discount, are you saying there is absolutely nothing on our website that you would like to order that you can use the discount on?  What about some socks, pants, a jacket or maybe a jersey? 

EastbayRep - Ray

I too have a 25% code that I will never be able to use on something that I truly want. Most of us on this board shop Eastbay for shoes, not the items you listed above. It's unfortunate that the shoes we would like to use the discount on, you can't, and the shoes that sit and can eventually be purchased with a promotion code your size is always gone. I mean, even Footlocker is starting to honor birthday "discounts" on new releases. Why can't Eastbay just honor the code for one release a year. It's not going to hurt your pockets or JB's.  Nobody wants to save $1.60 on 8.00 pair of socks. That's a waste of a Gold card membership and discount code if you ask me.

Originally Posted by Heavy23

If you have not been receiving any promotional e-mails, you should send us a private message with your customer number and e-mail address so we can assist you.

As for the restock e-mails, there has not been one for a while.  We switched e-mail providers a little after our last restock, so we are hopping this fixes some of the issues customers had with receiving notifications on our restocks.

It may seem like a simple thing to fix, but there were a few different issues coming up that caused customers to not receive one or all the restock e-mails.  So unless the customer contacts us, we have no way of knowing if the customer is receiving the e-mails or not, or what the issue even is that is causing them to not receive any e-mails. 

Originally Posted by nanbeezy

EastbayRep - Ray
I was just throwing some items out there, but you can order more than one pair of socks with the one time use 25% off discount.  Of course it would not make sense to just buy one pair of socks and use that discount on them.

So you just order Jordan releases?  No other shoes that we carry interest you?

As for your comments on using the one time use 25% off discount on one release for the year, I have forwarded them for further consideration.

EastbayRep - Ray

If you have not been receiving any promotional e-mails, you should send us a private message with your customer number and e-mail address so we can assist you.

As for the restock e-mails, there has not been one for a while.  We switched e-mail providers a little after our last restock, so we are hopping this fixes some of the issues customers had with receiving notifications on our restocks.

It may seem like a simple thing to fix, but there were a few different issues coming up that caused customers to not receive one or all the restock e-mails.  So unless the customer contacts us, we have no way of knowing if the customer is receiving the e-mails or not, or what the issue even is that is causing them to not receive any e-mails. 

EastbayRep - Ray
I was just throwing some items out there, but you can order more than one pair of socks with the one time use 25% off discount.  Of course it would not make sense to just buy one pair of socks and use that discount on them.

As for your comments on using the one time use 25% off discount on one release for the year, I have forwarded them for further consideration.

EastbayRep - Ray

Only read this page, and I agree with what everyone's saying....exact reason why I never signed up to any of EB's v.i.p programs.....not like i buy from there every month, prob. once maybe twice a year.....as for the 25% off one time use, it SHOULD be able to be used on ANYTHING....Ray, why would someone spend $40 to join a club, get 25% off and then go order 30 pairs of $8 socks just to save $40 about. Most people get their socks, clothing, other accessories on clearance either online, instore or outlets....EB is a million dollar company and owned by an even bigger company (footlocker)...I dont see how 25% off will hurt your profits.....hypothetically speaking, lets say you get 1,000 people signed up and they all receive 25% off one time use code...and lets just say, these 1,000 people each buy a pair of shoes for $150 (on average, thats about what "hot" releases cost)...25% off 150 is roughly $42..you multiply that by 1,0000 thats $42,000...thats pennies for a million dollar company..and we're just speaking HYPOTHETICALLY,just to give a rough idea using #s...EB should take a "loss" here and there because customers will return and continue to shop at EB....allowing 25% off on ANYTHING will in return keep people happy and will benefit EB in the long-run.

Only read this page, and I agree with what everyone's saying....exact reason why I never signed up to any of EB's v.i.p programs.....not like i buy from there every month, prob. once maybe twice a year.....as for the 25% off one time use, it SHOULD be able to be used on ANYTHING....Ray, why would someone spend $40 to join a club, get 25% off and then go order 30 pairs of $8 socks just to save $40 about. Most people get their socks, clothing, other accessories on clearance either online, instore or outlets....EB is a million dollar company and owned by an even bigger company (footlocker)...I dont see how 25% off will hurt your profits.....hypothetically speaking, lets say you get 1,000 people signed up and they all receive 25% off one time use code...and lets just say, these 1,000 people each buy a pair of shoes for $150 (on average, thats about what "hot" releases cost)...25% off 150 is roughly $42..you multiply that by 1,0000 thats $42,000...thats pennies for a million dollar company..and we're just speaking HYPOTHETICALLY,just to give a rough idea using #s...EB should take a "loss" here and there because customers will return and continue to shop at EB....allowing 25% off on ANYTHING will in return keep people happy and will benefit EB in the long-run.

As far as the 25% off discount goes......no complaints here. Just wish I had more than one.lol It could be a lot worse. NDC for example.....only free shipping or clearance sale

As far as the 25% off discount goes......no complaints here. Just wish I had more than one.lol It could be a lot worse. NDC for example.....only free shipping or clearance sale

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

Lets forget about socks for now.  
laugh.gif
  I was was just using them as an example, since nanbeezy was referring to them. 

Now, we do carry a large selection of shoes that can be discounted, like the Hyperdunks, Hyperfuses and most of the Kobe VI colorways for a few examples.  Please note, there are many more shoes we carry that can be discounted, but I am not going to list them all.  Are you not interested in any of these?  Are you just interested in hot Jordan releases?  Everyone's taste in shoes in different, so I am just trying to better understand your preference.

Otherwise, I have forwarded your comments on to the appropriate personal for further consideration.

EastbayRep - Ray

Lets forget about socks for now.  
laugh.gif
  I was was just using them as an example, since nanbeezy was referring to them. 

Now, we do carry a large selection of shoes that can be discounted, like the Hyperdunks, Hyperfuses and most of the Kobe VI colorways for a few examples.  Please note, there are many more shoes we carry that can be discounted, but I am not going to list them all.  Are you not interested in any of these?  Are you just interested in hot Jordan releases?  Everyone's taste in shoes in different, so I am just trying to better understand your preference.

Otherwise, I have forwarded your comments on to the appropriate personal for further consideration.

EastbayRep - Ray

Because Most Jordan merchandise its going to sell no matter what. So in essence, Eastbay is losing $42000.00.  With regular Nike releases, the customer is more likely to buy a product that was most likely going to sit anyway,  if he/she has a coupon code.  Coupon codes are there to persuade them to buy something thats just sitting there and not selling.

So lets say Eastbay sells 1000 platinum memberships at $40 a pop with a 25% coupon code good towards any item.
1000 People use the 25% on Jordan Release shoes that they were going to pay retail for anyway.  The average Savings is 42.00. This amount could go up as you can use it on an order of multiple Jordan Items.

Eastbay just gave out 1000 platinum memberships for free and then some.  It makes no sense to give out coupon codes on stuff that is going to sell anyway.

I swear, some of you guys make eastbay sound like Air Randy or SDS.   Eastbay has always had wonderful customer service, and have gone above and beyond for me whenever I needed to return something that they made a mistake on.  They shipped my corrected item out to me before I even sent the incorrect item back.   Yeah, I have received damaged boxes before, but they are stupid got damn boxes that have no meaning whatsoever.  If the shoes were ever messed up, then they would have gladly taken them back, even though it was more than likely JB's screw up. Another positive for me is that they charge no tax, and thats for most states out there.  They almost always have free shipping.  If I dont get through on their timer, I take it as oh well.  Eastbay cant help it if a million people log on to there website trying to get 1000 pairs of shoes. 

As far as the gold club goes, it has been worth it to me.  20 bucks and I saved more than double that that when I used my 25% on my CB 34's and lebron cool grey 8's, plus now I have free 3 day shipping for a year.  At that time there was no way I wouldve found both of those shoes for 90 bucks each shipped to my door.

Because Most Jordan merchandise its going to sell no matter what. So in essence, Eastbay is losing $42000.00.  With regular Nike releases, the customer is more likely to buy a product that was most likely going to sit anyway,  if he/she has a coupon code.  Coupon codes are there to persuade them to buy something thats just sitting there and not selling.

So lets say Eastbay sells 1000 platinum memberships at $40 a pop with a 25% coupon code good towards any item.
1000 People use the 25% on Jordan Release shoes that they were going to pay retail for anyway.  The average Savings is 42.00. This amount could go up as you can use it on an order of multiple Jordan Items.

Eastbay just gave out 1000 platinum memberships for free and then some.  It makes no sense to give out coupon codes on stuff that is going to sell anyway.

I swear, some of you guys make eastbay sound like Air Randy or SDS.   Eastbay has always had wonderful customer service, and have gone above and beyond for me whenever I needed to return something that they made a mistake on.  They shipped my corrected item out to me before I even sent the incorrect item back.   Yeah, I have received damaged boxes before, but they are stupid got damn boxes that have no meaning whatsoever.  If the shoes were ever messed up, then they would have gladly taken them back, even though it was more than likely JB's screw up. Another positive for me is that they charge no tax, and thats for most states out there.  They almost always have free shipping.  If I dont get through on their timer, I take it as oh well.  Eastbay cant help it if a million people log on to there website trying to get 1000 pairs of shoes. 

As far as the gold club goes, it has been worth it to me.  20 bucks and I saved more than double that that when I used my 25% on my CB 34's and lebron cool grey 8's, plus now I have free 3 day shipping for a year.  At that time there was no way I wouldve found both of those shoes for 90 bucks each shipped to my door.

true....i guess i just think that letting it go on atleast one item and on the rest of the order ifits stuff that is allowed now will help for the longrun instead of just looking for short-term as it seems now,with the current program

true....i guess i just think that letting it go on atleast one item and on the rest of the order ifits stuff that is allowed now will help for the longrun instead of just looking for short-term as it seems now,with the current program

EastbayRep - Ray

EastbayRep - Ray
No other releases interest me. This community is dedicated to sneaker enthusiast and most of us on here on aren't interested in jumpmans, general release Kobes, etc. I actually considered using buying another shoe (Nike Free 2) with the coupon, but couldn't do it. 
Eastbay knows what they are doing when it comes to new releases. The company's reps know what will and won't sell out with 48 hours. But like I said before, I don't think a one-time honor of the 25% code for Gold Members is going to hurt the company's profit. 

By the way, I only received a pair of shoes within three day shipping window since being a Gold Card member. All the other times the shoes arrive around the same time as if I wan't a member. It feels like a waste.

EastbayRep - Ray

EastbayRep - Ray
No other releases interest me. This community is dedicated to sneaker enthusiast and most of us on here on aren't interested in jumpmans, general release Kobes, etc. I actually considered using buying another shoe (Nike Free 2) with the coupon, but couldn't do it. 
Eastbay knows what they are doing when it comes to new releases. The company's reps know what will and won't sell out with 48 hours. But like I said before, I don't think a one-time honor of the 25% code for Gold Members is going to hurt the company's profit. 

By the way, I only received a pair of shoes within three day shipping window since being a Gold Card member. All the other times the shoes arrive around the same time as if I wan't a member. It feels like a waste.

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it and we will make sure it is forwarded on.

If you are not receiving shoes within the 3 day shipping timeframe, please PM us with your order info and we'd be glad to look into it, as there is probably something wrong in that case.

EastbayRep - Ryan

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it and we will make sure it is forwarded on.

If you are not receiving shoes within the 3 day shipping timeframe, please PM us with your order info and we'd be glad to look into it, as there is probably something wrong in that case.

EastbayRep - Ryan

Eastbayrep,
Just wanted to let you know I really do appreciate the 25% and the 20%s that float around too. Over the past year, I've bought Kobe V Inks, Jordan 2010 charcoals, Lebron 8 USAs, all for about $230 total, great deal IMO. As well as over 10 pairs of Elite socks, Jordan and Kobe shorts, jackets, etc. They always have really nice deals on Jordan tees too. And those were all able to be discounted. I don't blame Eastbay for not letting people use the code on Jordans that are going to sell out anyway, they're a business, not a charity. Why would you sell something for under retail if it would sell out at retail anyway? Some mom and pop shops mark new Jordan releases UP, OVER retail! But anyway, thanks Eastbay Ray/Ryan/Dustin, and NTers, stop hating on these guys. They don't write company policy, so don't kill the messenger.

Eastbayrep,
Just wanted to let you know I really do appreciate the 25% and the 20%s that float around too. Over the past year, I've bought Kobe V Inks, Jordan 2010 charcoals, Lebron 8 USAs, all for about $230 total, great deal IMO. As well as over 10 pairs of Elite socks, Jordan and Kobe shorts, jackets, etc. They always have really nice deals on Jordan tees too. And those were all able to be discounted. I don't blame Eastbay for not letting people use the code on Jordans that are going to sell out anyway, they're a business, not a charity. Why would you sell something for under retail if it would sell out at retail anyway? Some mom and pop shops mark new Jordan releases UP, OVER retail! But anyway, thanks Eastbay Ray/Ryan/Dustin, and NTers, stop hating on these guys. They don't write company policy, so don't kill the messenger.

So does anyone update this thread with releases or is it just whining about boxes getting beat up?

Don't like gold club, don't buy it. Simple as that

Don't like Eastbays service, don't buy from them.

So does anyone update this thread with releases or is it just whining about boxes getting beat up?

Don't like gold club, don't buy it. Simple as that

Don't like Eastbays service, don't buy from them.

nanbeezy wrote:
EastbayRep wrote:

Ok here we go. EastbayRep, I have talked with a Supervisor there( which i choose not to call out on this forum ) and she told me Eastbay any ever gets in one Jordan/other launch shoe once and never once do they get restocks down the road. This was laughable to me because I have seen it done with Cool Greys Playoff 13's True Blues and a few more! She also told me that they have never had an email sent out to Gold Members notifying them of restocks. You and maaaaany other on here admit there are indeed this mystery email. Now I understand you have no idea when yo will get one but thats doesn't matter. An email should be sent when it happens. To tell me there is no such thing there like that is a spit in the face lie to a very loyal customer for many many years. When I called to set up my membership last spring that was a flipping selling point for the Rep on the phone. So I don't know how you rank in that company but you always say how you are going to relay info to people there, but it sure is not getting thru to all Supervisors(which should know the most when dealing with Customer Service). This is a pretty large company that has a good thing gooing and always has been, but one thing the company does not have goiing is good service, management(apparently), and communication with there own employees. $20 means nothing, its not about wasting the money. Its about principle and gettting ripped on a service I was lied to just to join. The new "Loyalty" Program does not stand for Eastbays Loyalty, its for us consumers who keep buying. So please try to explain the many different stories I have been getting and why nobody is on the same page. Thanks for reading this rant if you happened to. PM me if you feel. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom