The Eastbay Re-Stock Thread **update pg. 10** Vol. Gold Club Member

That box they sent the XI's to you in is just blatant disrespect. I would definitely scoop those size 10's though.

Originally Posted by Chewdeezy

LOL, I'm done ordering from Eastbay after this order.

Got 2 pairs of Cool Grey XI's from last week's restock.

One of em came in a blank box with just a label.
roll.gif
Even Air Andy or Jay would have provided the official box.

Filling out return form right now and hope it's the last time I deal with this company.
Sorry to hear you received your XI's without the official box.  Unfortunately, the box you received is the box that was provided by the vendor.  As you may know, we do not have any extra boxes to be able to replace it for you.  It sounds like you have already taken action to return the shoes, if you need any assistance with this please let us know. You can send us a private message with any questions.
Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

^ The yellowing isn't their fault tho.
Yes but seeing they're in this condition and they released 8 months ago, the right thing would be to put them at like $139 or something instead of retail.
We try not to send any items that are defective in any way. If we had noticed any imperfections, we would have returned the item to the manufacturer.  It is not our policy to reduce the price of damaged, defective or stained merchandise. We instead prefer to not sell the items at all. I appologize for us not catching the yellowing in the first place, but this is a product issue and we have little control over how the product's materials might react to different conditions.  We will gladly accept your return and try to get you another pair, or simply refund you if you would prefer.

laugh.gif

C'mon bro. You can't be serious.

Now, what I don't agree with is charging someone retail and shipping the shoes in a regular JB box. That's just wrong. Chewdeezy, you should pm eastbay rep and I'm sure he'll try to rectify the situation to the best of his ability.
We appreciate the confidence.  With the volume of packages we send, mistakes do happen.  This is not something we consider acceptable, but we do try and resolve any issues that may occur the best that we can.  Please continue to come to us if you experience any problems at all.  We are here to help.

Thank you.

EastbayRep - Dustin

LOL, I'm done ordering from Eastbay after this order.

Got 2 pairs of Cool Grey XI's from last week's restock.

One of em came in a blank box with just a label.
roll.gif
Even Air Andy or Jay would have provided the official box.

Filling out return form right now and hope it's the last time I deal with this company.
Sorry to hear you received your XI's without the official box.  Unfortunately, the box you received is the box that was provided by the vendor.  As you may know, we do not have any extra boxes to be able to replace it for you.  It sounds like you have already taken action to return the shoes, if you need any assistance with this please let us know. You can send us a private message with any questions.
Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

^ The yellowing isn't their fault tho.
Yes but seeing they're in this condition and they released 8 months ago, the right thing would be to put them at like $139 or something instead of retail.
We try not to send any items that are defective in any way. If we had noticed any imperfections, we would have returned the item to the manufacturer.  It is not our policy to reduce the price of damaged, defective or stained merchandise. We instead prefer to not sell the items at all. I appologize for us not catching the yellowing in the first place, but this is a product issue and we have little control over how the product's materials might react to different conditions.  We will gladly accept your return and try to get you another pair, or simply refund you if you would prefer.

laugh.gif

C'mon bro. You can't be serious.

Now, what I don't agree with is charging someone retail and shipping the shoes in a regular JB box. That's just wrong. Chewdeezy, you should pm eastbay rep and I'm sure he'll try to rectify the situation to the best of his ability.
We appreciate the confidence.  With the volume of packages we send, mistakes do happen.  This is not something we consider acceptable, but we do try and resolve any issues that may occur the best that we can.  Please continue to come to us if you experience any problems at all.  We are here to help.

Thank you.

EastbayRep - Dustin

The least Eastbay can do is to give you $10 gift card....that's right....$10......that's what I got last time when I got a restock and the box wasn't the original box. Some people might not seeing it a big deal, but it's a principle. If they are charging you full retail, then I am expecting it to be everything in original manufacture condition including the packaging. It's like buying a Mercedez C-class, but you are not getting Z-rated tire.

This is my last time complaining on the company because I'm tired of it already.

The least Eastbay can do is to give you $10 gift card....that's right....$10......that's what I got last time when I got a restock and the box wasn't the original box. Some people might not seeing it a big deal, but it's a principle. If they are charging you full retail, then I am expecting it to be everything in original manufacture condition including the packaging. It's like buying a Mercedez C-class, but you are not getting Z-rated tire.

This is my last time complaining on the company because I'm tired of it already.

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Yea it's still a deal but it's just principle. Oh well. Can't win em' all.

Aka I can't sell them on eBay like the other pair in my sig...
laugh.gif
 pretty much. i mean if youre going to wear them why would you be so concerned about a box.

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Yea it's still a deal but it's just principle. Oh well. Can't win em' all.

Aka I can't sell them on eBay like the other pair in my sig...
laugh.gif
 pretty much. i mean if youre going to wear them why would you be so concerned about a box.

You don't understand... the box was the gimmick that everyone bought into that justified the $50 price hike.

Jordan said, "hey, the economy's in the sh-tter already but people still buy the sneakers - let's sell em a gimmick they'll buy into to justify the 40% increase."

Result: a stupid box with 3 dumb phrases and plastic shoe trees for $175.

You don't understand... the box was the gimmick that everyone bought into that justified the $50 price hike.

Jordan said, "hey, the economy's in the sh-tter already but people still buy the sneakers - let's sell em a gimmick they'll buy into to justify the 40% increase."

Result: a stupid box with 3 dumb phrases and plastic shoe trees for $175.

Oh yeah...another funny thing, wonder why your stuff takes so long to arrive?

That's because broke !!$ Eastbay ships by TRAIN.

laugh.gif

Oh yeah...another funny thing, wonder why your stuff takes so long to arrive?

That's because broke !!$ Eastbay ships by TRAIN.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by maluah

Bro's, Joes and Pro's, this brown box nonsense has happened three times to me with recent Eastbay orders:

I received my teal foams with a plain brown box and Eastbay label, a pair of LeBron 8 blackouts same plain brown box with Eastbay label and finally another LeBron 8 white/red with
again the same plain brown box & Eastbay label.

Yes, I called CS and was told that they have no control over the boxes and I can return items if I wanted. Of course, all three kicks were long sold out and they had no extra original boxes so it was either
keep em or return. I decided to keep all three pairs.

Incidentally, if you think you will get a $10 gift card keep dreaming as I also asked for compensation and was told politely to pound sand.

Nothing against the CSR's but yea it stinks when you either get a crushed, busted up box or a non-original plain brown box.
Three times for one customer in 4 months is no rare occurance. I can post photos if no-one believes me.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Bro's, Joes and Pro's, this brown box nonsense has happened three times to me with recent Eastbay orders:

I received my teal foams with a plain brown box and Eastbay label, a pair of LeBron 8 blackouts same plain brown box with Eastbay label and finally another LeBron 8 white/red with

Yes, I called CS and was told that they have no control over the boxes and I can return items if I wanted. Of course, all three kicks were long sold out and they had no extra original boxes so it was either

Incidentally, if you think you will get a $10 gift card keep dreaming as I also asked for compensation and was told politely to pound sand.

Nothing against the CSR's but yea it stinks when you either get a crushed, busted up box or a non-original plain brown box.
Three times for one customer in 4 months is no rare occurance. I can post photos if no-one believes me.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by NikeRider

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Three of your last four orders, hmmm.  It sounds like you have been ordering returns that were put back on our website.  If the original box is too badly damaged, our Warehouse does replace them with a generic brown box, as we do not have any extra manufacturer boxes sitting around.  If you want to send us a private message with some pictures, that would be great.

I am trying to get us to have our Warehouse transfer any shoe without their original box to our Outlet store and not back on our website, but I am not sure when or if this will ever happen.

EastbayRep - Ray

Originally Posted by NikeRider

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Three of your last four orders, hmmm.  It sounds like you have been ordering returns that were put back on our website.  If the original box is too badly damaged, our Warehouse does replace them with a generic brown box, as we do not have any extra manufacturer boxes sitting around.  If you want to send us a private message with some pictures, that would be great.

I am trying to get us to have our Warehouse transfer any shoe without their original box to our Outlet store and not back on our website, but I am not sure when or if this will ever happen.

EastbayRep - Ray

I wonder why those returned shoes don't have original box..........oh yeah....'cause they weren't doubled box in the first place.
I won't send back any shoes in a box if they don't do the same. I might as well tape all around the box and send it that way.

Back to the original topic thread, I feel sorry for those gold members, who didn't even know about CG restock. It's like beating the purpose of being gold member. The ONLY advantage that I can see is saving on 3-days shipping. You still have to go through the same phone line for any major release, the same plastic wrap to ship out your shoes. And now they're charging taxes, which I let it slip on this one. I think Footaction.com is offering free shipping and doubled box. I think I'm gonna try to order from their site instead.

I wonder why those returned shoes don't have original box..........oh yeah....'cause they weren't doubled box in the first place.
I won't send back any shoes in a box if they don't do the same. I might as well tape all around the box and send it that way.

Back to the original topic thread, I feel sorry for those gold members, who didn't even know about CG restock. It's like beating the purpose of being gold member. The ONLY advantage that I can see is saving on 3-days shipping. You still have to go through the same phone line for any major release, the same plastic wrap to ship out your shoes. And now they're charging taxes, which I let it slip on this one. I think Footaction.com is offering free shipping and doubled box. I think I'm gonna try to order from their site instead.

Our Gold Club membership is intended to save customers shipping costs. We would like to give back to those who order from us and free, upgraded shipping is an excellent benefit. Any additional special promotions we have run for Gold Club members were another way of giving back to our loyal customers. Additional benefits like this were never guaranteed or even suggested as being part of the package. Our Gold Club membership includes free, 3-day shipping on all orders placed within 12 months, a one-time use discount code for 25% off an order and a separate toll-free number to reach our representatives faster than non-members. We certainly would have preferred that all Gold Club members would have received the re-stock e-mails without issue. As you know, this did not happen. We have since changed our e-mail service provider and taken other steps to prevent this from happening in the future if we decide to have another exclusive re-stock.

Unfortunately, we do not have any control over what taxes are charged on orders. Currently, taxes are charged in the states of New York, Wisconsin, Colorado, Illinois and California. The rest of our domestic shipments are tax free.

Originally Posted by jusdre86

dang eastbay...in high school you was the man eastbay...what happen to you?
We still are!

EastbayRep - Dustin

Our Gold Club membership is intended to save customers shipping costs. We would like to give back to those who order from us and free, upgraded shipping is an excellent benefit. Any additional special promotions we have run for Gold Club members were another way of giving back to our loyal customers. Additional benefits like this were never guaranteed or even suggested as being part of the package. Our Gold Club membership includes free, 3-day shipping on all orders placed within 12 months, a one-time use discount code for 25% off an order and a separate toll-free number to reach our representatives faster than non-members. We certainly would have preferred that all Gold Club members would have received the re-stock e-mails without issue. As you know, this did not happen. We have since changed our e-mail service provider and taken other steps to prevent this from happening in the future if we decide to have another exclusive re-stock.

Unfortunately, we do not have any control over what taxes are charged on orders. Currently, taxes are charged in the states of New York, Wisconsin, Colorado, Illinois and California. The rest of our domestic shipments are tax free.

Originally Posted by jusdre86

dang eastbay...in high school you was the man eastbay...what happen to you?
We still are!

EastbayRep - Dustin

I hate this 24/7 world we live in. I miss out on restocks cause I don't check NT more than once a day.

I hate this 24/7 world we live in. I miss out on restocks cause I don't check NT more than once a day.

Back
Top Bottom