** The Diadora Thread ** - Concepts "Rat Pack" N9000

Surprised so many guys got hit with the multiple pair glitch, I caught it immediately and promptly deleted

If anything they fooled people that were going too crazy to grab em. This was my first concepts pick up and I was able to figure out how to cart one shoe...I tried 3 diff times and figured it out.

If they are deliberately trying to catch people out with tricks like that then f them. That's not something that should be forgotten about. If it was a genuine mistake then ok but how would that happen? Seems to me they knew the release was weak / not hyped so tried a sneaky ploy to rob the sneaker heads. Let's see if they take back 1 of 2 pairs as returns.
reality is if they didn't pull em down almost a fsr would still be up so business wise they probably moved more units as a result of the "mistake".
With an all sales final policy people have to be weary of purchase decisions

reality is if they didn't pull em down almost a fsr would still be up so business wise they probably moved more units as a result of the "mistake".
With an all sales final policy people have to be weary of purchase decisions
You're right. I feel in this day and age it's really shady to have an all sales final policy. But, people are so starved to have the latest hype they don't care if they're getting fricked over. 

You're right. I feel in this day and age it's really shady to have an all sales final policy. But, people are so starved to have the latest hype they don't care if they're getting fricked over. 
nah for small shops the all sales final is fair. Trust me they would have a ton of returns on product if that wasn't the case. Resellers would find a way to return more kicks then the store even sold :lol:
If you think stores are shady imagine people with returns

nah for small shops the all sales final is fair. Trust me they would have a ton of returns on product if that wasn't the case. Resellers would find a way to return more kicks then the store even sold
laugh.gif

LOL Good point

I had the 2 pair glitch also. But I removed the shoe and added again until it worked. Glitch or not 2 pair were not in the plan. i would have just missed out. When did the strength of a release correlate to the amount of time to sell out? How about wait until a week from now when more people get in hand and report on the actual shoe? Call me crazy.

The aesthetic of the shoe and the aftermarket value are two different things. If we're taking aftermarket value the length of time to sell out and difficulty to purchase definitely play a factor. Now the look and quality of the shoe doesn't matter if they sit for a year or sell out instantly

nah for small shops the all sales final is fair. Trust me they would have a ton of returns on product if that wasn't the case. Resellers would find a way to return more kicks then the store even sold :lol:

Concepts isn't a small shop though. I understand what you're saying but it in no way applies to Concepts. They do enough business on their own and they also have the backing of The Tannery.

"All sales final" is always a massive red flag. I've been shopping at concepts since they were a legit skate shop with a legit skate team in the back of The Tannery but today was quite shady. I didn't get taken off guard with the double up malfunction but it's still odd.

Concepts isn't a small shop though. I understand what you're saying but it in no way applies to Concepts. They do enough business on their own and they also have the backing of The Tannery.

"All sales final" is always a massive red flag. I've been shopping at concepts since they were a legit skate shop with a legit skate team in the back of The Tannery but today was quite shady. I didn't get taken off guard with the double up malfunction but it's still odd.
I wholeheartedly disagree. Concepts is absolutely a small shop, maybe a big name as far as boutiques go in terms of reputation, but not a big shop. Everyone calling foul on the website glitch needs to remember that it was just that-a glitch.

I wholeheartedly disagree. Concepts is absolutely a small shop, maybe a big name as far as boutiques go in terms of reputation, but not a big shop. Everyone calling foul on the website glitch needs to remember that it was just that-a glitch.

You have to look at the company as a whole. It's not a small shop. Maybe in terms of square feet for Concepts but the company is far from small. Tarek is no amateur in the retail business and The Tannery name alone is proof. I'm not necessarily "calling foul" on the glitch but it shouldn't have happened.

I thought lables were just created, but they really did ship today. Coming on the same day as my race car's. About to be a good day!

Got shipping email for international order, that's a pretty quick turnaround, had the same experience with the luxury goods, so seems cncpts have stepped up their shipping game (outsourced I'm assuming).  

On my dispatched email it only has the $200 charge, anyone else? On the confirmation email it has the shipping charge as well but not on the dispatched email.  Also, I thought international orders were going by ups or fedex for that price but on my shipping email it says service is USPS! wth?

Last edited:
The aesthetic of the shoe and the aftermarket value are two different things. If we're taking aftermarket value the length of time to sell out and difficulty to purchase definitely play a factor. Now the look and quality of the shoe doesn't matter if they sit for a year or sell out instantly

These are a spectacular looking shoe in hand. Top 5 so far this year for me personally, and probably top 3. Dead serious.

People are rating it low now because everyone wants the uber limited release and a lot of us rock diadora because no one else around us does. It's like your favorite band or MC when you were in high school that no one liked until you made your friends go to their shows, and all of a sudden you start seeing everyone you know there.

Now here comes a shoe everyone (in the US, at least) has access to and it kinda reduces that part of the appeal. You'll def see more of these walking around US streets than say, a Patta or a Colette or a Hanon or a Kilates. But that doesn't change the face that this shoe is better looking than most of those IMO.

:smokin

Last edited:
Got shipping email for international order, that's a pretty quick turnaround, had the same experience with the luxury goods, so seems cncpts have stepped up their shipping game (outsourced I'm assuming).  

On my dispatched email it only has the $200 charge, anyone else? On the confirmation email it has the shipping charge as well but not on the dispatched email.  Also, I thought international orders were going by ups or fedex for that price but on my shipping email it says service is USPS! wth?
shipping is done via Pitney Bowes who do all the tax stuff and they use USPS unfortunately

Well I definitely got hit with the 2 pairs. Screw concepts for that. Might not do anymore business with them.

Was just trying to help someone out. Now I'm trying to sell both sz 10. Retail + shipping.

Back
Top Bottom