** The Diadora Thread ** - Concepts "Rat Pack" N9000

One thing I know for sure is that you won't know the numbers unless you're at the shop on release day and you know a guy or you are toward the end of the line.  They tried telling us there were 190 pairs of each gufetto.  That really sounds like bullcrap, especially with how many pairs made it out here.  We heard a bunch of limited stuff for puma bloodbaths and dudes from Australia were paying 350 dollar and 400 dollar preorders according to resellers at the campout.  The packer kid told us they had 800 pairs ready just for the popup.  

These stores want big *** line ups to take pictures of and send to the blogs.  They want resellers out there hyping the limited quantity.  They want a circus...what's hilarious is once it gets rowdy then the management gets mad at the crowd 
roll.gif

If you're in line, you'll probably get a pair.  If you're online, you probably won't.

The CNCPTS are kind of take it or leave it for me. They look nice, but you won't catch me paying the inevitable resale on them.

I posted these a few days ago, but here's some updated pics with a better camera.
Soon...hopefully mine get here before Friday. Else i will have to wait until Monday to pick them up. 

Mine just reached my Japan address! Should be shipping them out to me soon. Can't wait!

BTW is $330 for a DS pair of transit IIs too much? Not sure if i should save $60 and get the purple tapes instead..

Mine just reached my Japan address! Should be shipping them out to me soon. Can't wait!

BTW is $330 for a DS pair of transit IIs too much? Not sure if i should save $60 and get the purple tapes instead..
Transit and Saturday Special are by far 2 of the best released pairs. I am still on hunt for Transit. Could have had them by now but just keep waiting. 

They both are better than Purps and I am a Rae fan...sorry. 

Will get some on-foot shots this weekend hopefully. They're at my gf's place atm

Soon...hopefully mine get here before Friday. Else i will have to wait until Monday to pick them up. 

Y'all will be happy with these! They look stellar on feet.

The reason why I guess close to 1000 pairs is because they aren't being released anywhere else in the states or overseas at a later date... So Concepts will have the entire stock produced, which I would assume would be a lot more stock then the Euro/Asian shop collabs. Concepts is arguably the biggest (both exposure and money wise) shop to drop a collab...more funds = higher opportunity to produce more pairs. 
I don't know if they're the biggest store to do a collab. In Europe, Solebox and Patta are definitely more well-known than Concepts, arguably Colette and Hanon are as well. Also, I would argue that in general Solebox and Patta have done more iconic collabs than Concepts. But this might be a Europe vs US perception thing and besides it doesn't seem something worth arguing over.

Still, I would agree that the numbers for the N9000 collabs have increaseda lot since the first couple of collabs, as has the hype surrounding the brand, as can be seen in this thread which has constantly grown since the first Pattas and Hanons. The Raekwon pair and the fact that Concepts is releasing a collab introduced a whole different demo to the brand. I still think 1000 pairs seem a bit much given the sheer number of Made in Italy collabs releasing currently. But as someone above said: We might never know for sure.

They look nice in that pic and I would definitely try to get them if I didn't already own two pairs of N9000s. I don't think they're as good as the first Paatas, Saturday Specials or Ferros but of course that's a matter of taste. The only thing I really don't like about them is the label on the tongue, even though I get the inspiration. It looks a bit gimmicky IMO.

They look nice in that shot. Colors look way more toned down which is good imo.

The original teaser back shot of the shoe made the colors look awkwardly bright.

I don't know if they're the biggest store to do a collab. In Europe, Solebox and Patta are definitely more well-known than Concepts, arguably Colette and Hanon are as well. Also, I would argue that in general Solebox and Patta have done more iconic collabs than Concepts. But this might be a Europe vs US perception thing and besides it doesn't seem something worth arguing over.

Still, I would agree that the numbers for the N9000 collabs have increaseda lot since the first couple of collabs, as has the hype surrounding the brand, as can be seen in this thread which has constantly grown since the first Pattas and Hanons. The Raekwon pair and the fact that Concepts is releasing a collab introduced a whole different demo to the brand. I still think 1000 pairs seem a bit much given the sheer number of Made in Italy collabs releasing currently. But as someone above said: We might never know for sure.
That's why I said they are arguably the biggest store to do a collab. It's all in perception. I just hope the majority of us can get a pair.

"We recommend following Concepts Twitter and Instagram (@cncpts) for real time links and updates."

Oh damn I really hope its a random time!

I'm sure they will update with an online release time, relax..

Last edited:
Concepts is top US shop right now in the court of public opinion. Those European stores...I mean, you can't really put most of them in concepts territory because they don't release as much heat. Concepts has dope releases really often, and yeah sometimes they strike out but they're always swinging. Most of those Euro shops only do a few
releases a year. Patta is more regarded as a street wear brand but how often do they collab? The only store I think you could really argue for is footpatrol.

easy pass on Concepts
AND ^^^^ this guy is correct. Every thing Hanon collabs on is super nice. Top quality and just overall greatness. I with every cell in my body do not believe Concepts could have ever pulled off a better release than Hanon is doing with the upcoming Borg Elite. If Concepts would of been the person to release it, I feel they would not of did as good of a job.

dont get me wrong...I like concepts (A LOT) but Hanon is a beast on the collab level.

Concepts 1st Diadora Collab,

Hanon 1st Collab

Then came back with another banger... Sat Transit

Concepts is top US shop right now in the court of public opinion. Those European stores...I mean, you can't really put most of them in concepts territory because they don't release as much heat. Concepts has dope releases really often, and yeah sometimes they strike out but they're always swinging. Most of those Euro shops only do a few
releases a year. Patta is more regarded as a street wear brand but how often do they collab? The only store I think you could really argue for is footpatrol.
Again, there's really no way to answer this question objectively, it always comes down to personal opinions.

Solebox and Patta have been doing runner collabs way before Concepts followed that trend. And even though neither is a favourite of mine I'd argue that Concepts have yet to release anything as iconic as the Chlorophyll, the Nazar Eye or the Toothpastes. The C-Notes are probably the only pair they've done that comes close. So I just don't see why Concepts would be all that special for Diadora except for the fact that they are a means to cater to a new demographic. Which is smart from a business point of view.

I do agree with you that Foot Patrol belongs in that list as well, forgot to mention them.

Tbh I like the concepts better, Im in the minority that thinks the hanon diadoras are overrated. Pattas>24k>all

Back
Top Bottom