the deep thought thread

Meh... it's more like... "I have so much of this awesome wordplay ability that it spills over into my blogging an posting... kinda like how a sand castle spills over in a hurricane. BOOM!!!"... or somethinglike that. Hey, if I'm a jerk you're a he-kunt. We're practically the same thing.. you're like the Wylers to my Kool-Aid bro.

roll.gif
roll.gif
mad.gif

laugh.gif
But to be real with you, Flavor Aid is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the original 8 kool-aid flavors
pimp.gif
.... and I was mocking you genius. Look, stopcoming up with ways to lable me a hippie. So what I actually own a tie-dye ball state t-shirt with matching shoes, and I smoke massive amounts of pinery whilewriting songs about oppression and injustice......I'm still not a hippie, cog!

^It does... but you know it doesn't right... like.. think decimals. That's why it doesn't. But I can see why it does.... I guess
grin.gif

Man...
smh.gif
... don't mind me, you already know...

Take that blue pack, mix it with some red, add 2 cups of sugar, and 3 quarts of water... then PM me so I can give you the other 3 numbers in my phone number sothat when you call me, you can say I was right. (---)---8910

Flavor aid ain't no #** bruh
grin.gif

If everyone in china planned to jump up and down at the same time. Would that be equivalent to a billion-trillion pound obect hitting the earth?

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

If everyone in china planned to jump up and down at the same time. Would that be equivalent to a billion-trillion pound obect hitting the earth?
i dunno, being that all of us stand on a unique angle to the earth, and all of those angles point directly to the center of the earth.....imma have to say, no. See, every one jump is being countered by someone else jumping...
What if all 1billion+ of them stood in a huge group. And all jump at the exact same time? Simultaneously.

^
laugh.gif
not at all homie, not at all

and mike, while there are infinite numbers between 0 and 1...it's not an infinite measure of time...it's still one second....

you can break down a second into infinite measures of time...but that doesn't change the quantitative value of the time you're breaking down...

if you're breaking something down into smaller measures, EVERYTHING is going to be infinitely smaller....

right?

Perhaps I should clarify... I'm not attempting to debate the merits of timekeeping or even time itself, we'llsave that for another discussion. I'm merely using increments of time as an example that can be readily understood. Another example, albeit not as good, isthe melting of an ice cube...

At the beginning of time you have a whole ice cube in a glass of water. I think everyone would agree that after acertain amount of time it will have melted to half it's original size, then eventually one third, one quarter, one fifth, one one thousandth and so onuntil at some point hours later, it is indisputably completely melted. But at some point it should have been one one millionth of it's size, a billionth(maybe not, but for the sake of argument let's not get into chemistry) and even smaller. How then how can there be an [color= rgb(0, 204, 255)]exact[/color] point where it ceased to be an ice cube and became water ofit can get infinitely smaller?

Back to our example though... It is my understanding that [color= rgb(0, 204, 255)]infinity[/color] by definition can't be defined in terms of anumerical value. How then does and one sliver of time (again, only used here because it represents a number) advance to the next small sliver if there areinfinite measures between the two?

M!ke

Originally Posted by nine point five

^
laugh.gif

and mike, while there are infinite numbers between 0 and 1...it's not an infinite measure of time...it's still one second....

you can break down a second into infinite measures of time...but that doesn't change the quantitative value of the time you're breaking down...

if you're breaking something down into smaller measures, EVERYTHING is going to be infinitely smaller....

right?

Perhaps I should clarify... I'm not attempting to debate the merits of timekeeping or even time itself, we'll save that for another discussion. I'm merely using increments of time as an example that can be readily understood. Another example, albeit not as good, is the melting of an ice cube...

At the beginning of time you have a whole ice cube in a glass of water. I think everyone would agree that after a certain amount of time it will have melted to half it's original size, then eventually one third, one quarter, one fifth, one one thousandth and so on until at some point hours later, it is indisputably completely melted. But at some point it should have been one one millionth of it's size, a billionth (maybe not, but for the sake of argument let's not get into chemistry) and even smaller. How then how can there be an [color= rgb(0, 204, 255)]exact[/color] point where it ceased to be an ice cube and became water of it can get infinitely smaller?

Back to our example though... It is my understanding that [color= rgb(0, 204, 255)]infinity[/color] by definition can't be defined in terms of a numerical value. How then does and one sliver of time (again, only used here because it represents a number) advance to the next small sliver if there are infinite measures between the two?

M!ke
Your example just utilizes various phases of water. There is an exact instance where all the molecular bonds in solid H20 revert to the bond makeup in liquid H20.

Originally Posted by impalaballa187

Originally Posted by nine point five

^
laugh.gif

Perhaps I should clarify... I'm not attempting to debate the merits of timekeeping or even time itself, we'll save that for another discussion. I'm merely using increments of time as an example that can be readily understood. Another example, albeit not as good, is the melting of an ice cube...

At the beginning of time you have a whole ice cube in a glass of water. I think everyone would agree that after a certain amount of time it will have melted to half it's original size, then eventually one third, one quarter, one fifth, one one thousandth and so on until at some point hours later, it is indisputably completely melted. But at some point it should have been one one millionth of it's size, a billionth (maybe not, but for the sake of argument let's not get into chemistry) and even smaller. How then how can there be an [color= rgb(0, 204, 255)]exact[/color] point where it ceased to be an ice cube and became water of it can get infinitely smaller?

Back to our example though... It is my understanding that [color= rgb(0, 204, 255)]infinity[/color] by definition can't be defined in terms of a numerical value. How then does and one sliver of time (again, only used here because it represents a number) advance to the next small sliver if there are infinite measures between the two?
Your example just utilizes various phases of water. There is an exact instance where all the molecular bonds in solid H20 revert to the bond make up in liquid H20.

I realize my example isn't correct in terms of chemistry, that's why I put in the disclaimer. I wasusing an ice cube because I felt it demonstrated my point to the lay person. There is an ice cube. It melts as a function of time, becoming infinitely smaller.At some point down the road, there is no longer an ice cube. It's virtually the same as the example using 0-1 seconds and can be applied over many otherfields. But thanks nonetheless.

M!ke

What is the universe expanding into?

If the universe is expanding, when will it contract?

Will you see the "big bang" if you reach the boundary of the universe?

If you go into a black hole, where will you end up?

If there are extra-dimensional beings on earth, can they see us?

How long will it take for an angel to weigh my good deeds against my bad deeds? Will this process be like waiting at the DMV on a saturday?

If I am standing in the garden with rivers under it (inshallah) can I some how swim in them?

Originally Posted by just reason

Originally Posted by coolgy023

Could God microwave a burrito so hot, that he himself could not eat it?
nerd.gif
rofl.. no because then God would not be omnipotent..
...that would mean God can't do everything...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Twig1026

Originally Posted by just reason

Originally Posted by coolgy023

Could God microwave a burrito so hot, that he himself could not eat it?
nerd.gif
rofl.. no because then God would not be omnipotent..
...that would mean God can't do everything...
nerd.gif
god is omnipotent.. he could eat the hottest burrito, smoke the craziest blunt..
pimp.gif
^^ not saying i believe in god but yeah..

Back
Top Bottom