"The Decision" in retrospect

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

In the playoffs?
for the first 3 1/2 quarters of the game, yes. But we all know that Fisher's value lies in his knack for hitting clutch shots down the stretch
All of Fisher's playoff production numbers says otherwise.

And not PPG either.
Exactly we are not talking about the regular season....Fish is much more than stats... his poise... the late game charges he takes... the guy is a winner... Unlike MO who happens to disappear as soon as the post season starts...

LeBron sucks, his championships will be marked with a *. Just kidding. But really, dude went overboard with the whole decision. He isnt God.

LeBron sucks, his championships will be marked with a *. Just kidding. But really, dude went overboard with the whole decision. He isnt God.

Originally Posted by 2heavencent0

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--The Decision was just a masquerade to hide his royal QUITNESS.
I don't get it.  What did he quit again?
laugh.gif
 This

--He quit being the main option and opted to be 1/3 of a triad of first options.
--I dont hate the Heat. I dont "dislike" Lebron. But The Decision....
eyes.gif

--The Decision was just a masquerade to hide his royal QUITNESS.
laugh.gif
 This

--He quit being the main option and opted to be 1/3 of a triad of first options.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

this thread is pretty much a %@+% on kobe while slurping lebron thread, kinda corny but it's just as lame when dudes make threads to slurp kobe at lebrons expense. same way how some dudes get uptight on here when you criticize lebron in any way shape or form even if it's justified. no player is immune to criticism.

at the end of the day if lebron wins rings in miami he made the right move, i could care less about the sidekick talk and all that b.s because lebron isn't a sidekick nor is dwayne wade, that whole batman and robin talk is dumb, if they both play a huge role and part in winning rings for their team then that's all that matters. regarding him leaving cleveland however, how he handled it, anyone who thinks "the decision" was an acceptable way to go about it is a damn fool and is letting their biased views affect their common sense but that's normal on here.

came in here to say SUBTLE KOBE BASHING thread. dude ignored everyones opinion on the first page except people who brought up Kobe.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
Who's bashing Kobe? So if people don't say that Kobe is the best it's "Kobe bashing"?
laugh.gif
The dude is still a top 10 player and played better this season than last season. But to say that he plays with legitimate talent around him (including Gasol, who is at LEAST as valuable as he is) isn't "bashing", it's FACT. Fact that can be supported by plenty of evidence.Also, I love how some people are quick to hate LBJ for his flaws and yet are enamored with Kobe.
laugh.gif
Way to root for a modern-day "saint" instead of the evil LBJ!

you obviously only read when you felt was convinent for you to read.  so are you telling me lebron is immune from any sort of criticism?  hell if kobe takes stupid shots or messes up he deserves to get +@#$%@! on for it, but the perception i've seen on here from some is that you can't say anything bad about lebron.

this thread is pretty much a %@+% on kobe while slurping lebron thread, kinda corny but it's just as lame when dudes make threads to slurp kobe at lebrons expense. same way how some dudes get uptight on here when you criticize lebron in any way shape or form even if it's justified. no player is immune to criticism.

at the end of the day if lebron wins rings in miami he made the right move, i could care less about the sidekick talk and all that b.s because lebron isn't a sidekick nor is dwayne wade, that whole batman and robin talk is dumb, if they both play a huge role and part in winning rings for their team then that's all that matters. regarding him leaving cleveland however, how he handled it, anyone who thinks "the decision" was an acceptable way to go about it is a damn fool and is letting their biased views affect their common sense but that's normal on here.

came in here to say SUBTLE KOBE BASHING thread. dude ignored everyones opinion on the first page except people who brought up Kobe.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
Who's bashing Kobe? So if people don't say that Kobe is the best it's "Kobe bashing"?
laugh.gif
The dude is still a top 10 player and played better this season than last season. But to say that he plays with legitimate talent around him (including Gasol, who is at LEAST as valuable as he is) isn't "bashing", it's FACT. Fact that can be supported by plenty of evidence.Also, I love how some people are quick to hate LBJ for his flaws and yet are enamored with Kobe.
laugh.gif

you obviously only read when you felt was convinent for you to read.  so are you telling me lebron is immune from any sort of criticism?  hell if kobe takes stupid shots or messes up he deserves to get +@#$%@! on for it, but the perception i've seen on here from some is that you can't say anything bad about lebron.

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

Of course not but he is the King
grin.gif

Down the road "The Deecision" will be one of the most talked about events in Bron's career...all we see now is the immediate backlash from it.

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

Of course not but he is the King
grin.gif

Down the road "The Deecision" will be one of the most talked about events in Bron's career...all we see now is the immediate backlash from it.

laugh.gif
 This

eyes.gif

"Quit" on being the "main option"
roll.gif
Why are Lakers fans so effin stupid?

laugh.gif
 This

eyes.gif

"Quit" on being the "main option"
roll.gif
Why are Lakers fans so effin stupid?

In 1 hour long special (I watched every minute of the Decision) Lebron James went from King of he NBA's popularity polls to the most hated man in the association, and for what because he wanted to play with his friends in a beautiful city, and really contend for an NBA title. Here are are the reasons he made the correct choice.
1.The CAVS won fewer than 20 games (with the only significant roster change being LBJ) seriously guys he took that roster to 120+ wins two seasons in a row and Boobie gibson, and Donyell Marshall to the NBA finals before that..

2.Look at the top teams in both conferences they have multiple players in the top ranking of their position

(Kobe, Artest, Gasol,Odom)(Durant, Westbrook, Perkins)(Rose, boozer, Noah) imagine had he stayed (LBJ, Moe Williams, Varejao) not exactly on par with the other examples.

3.He was a free agent he played out his contract in Cleveland, never asked for a trade in the middle of it like ahem( Kobe Bryant) plus owner Dan Gilbert roasted LBJ only after offering him 120 million dollars

4.When the playoffs start he can have a dry spell and know Wade or Bosh is there to help (Remember game 7 NBA finals last year Kobe had a BAD GAME and they still won) no player has a great game every time they step on the floor. If LBJ didn't score 30+ with 9 assists in the playoffs the CAVS had NO chance to win the game.

Just my opinion!
What about Deng? We have four top ten players in our SL. If he would have stayed, we would still be a better team.

LBJ is a beast, simple and plain! All that mess was last year.I think we all agree that he had a right to do what he wanted. His move to south beach was a good business move by putting himself with younger, better teammates.

In 1 hour long special (I watched every minute of the Decision) Lebron James went from King of he NBA's popularity polls to the most hated man in the association, and for what because he wanted to play with his friends in a beautiful city, and really contend for an NBA title. Here are are the reasons he made the correct choice.
1.The CAVS won fewer than 20 games (with the only significant roster change being LBJ) seriously guys he took that roster to 120+ wins two seasons in a row and Boobie gibson, and Donyell Marshall to the NBA finals before that..

2.Look at the top teams in both conferences they have multiple players in the top ranking of their position

(Kobe, Artest, Gasol,Odom)(Durant, Westbrook, Perkins)(Rose, boozer, Noah) imagine had he stayed (LBJ, Moe Williams, Varejao) not exactly on par with the other examples.

3.He was a free agent he played out his contract in Cleveland, never asked for a trade in the middle of it like ahem( Kobe Bryant) plus owner Dan Gilbert roasted LBJ only after offering him 120 million dollars

4.When the playoffs start he can have a dry spell and know Wade or Bosh is there to help (Remember game 7 NBA finals last year Kobe had a BAD GAME and they still won) no player has a great game every time they step on the floor. If LBJ didn't score 30+ with 9 assists in the playoffs the CAVS had NO chance to win the game.

Just my opinion!
What about Deng? We have four top ten players in our SL. If he would have stayed, we would still be a better team.

LBJ is a beast, simple and plain! All that mess was last year.I think we all agree that he had a right to do what he wanted. His move to south beach was a good business move by putting himself with younger, better teammates.

Not that i agree with the decision, but you all damn well know everyone, including Dan Gilbert, would have been just as mad for him just leaving. Decision or not there was no easy way out for Lebron. He was gonna get bashed regardless.

I kinda feel like the decision is an excuse to hate on him for leaving. Even though it was a poor decision on his part. He just gave everyone that excuse to use against himself. Which is why it was a poor decision. 

Not that i agree with the decision, but you all damn well know everyone, including Dan Gilbert, would have been just as mad for him just leaving. Decision or not there was no easy way out for Lebron. He was gonna get bashed regardless.

I kinda feel like the decision is an excuse to hate on him for leaving. Even though it was a poor decision on his part. He just gave everyone that excuse to use against himself. Which is why it was a poor decision. 

The Decision showed just how self-centered LeBron is, under the guise that he was raising money for the Boys and Girls Club. Least he could have done was given the Cavs a heads up. It's fine that he left, he had every right to, but to pompously do so on national TV, disregarding your hometown, was a poor decision. I agree with Jay02 though, he was going to get bashed regardless of his decision.

The Decision showed just how self-centered LeBron is, under the guise that he was raising money for the Boys and Girls Club. Least he could have done was given the Cavs a heads up. It's fine that he left, he had every right to, but to pompously do so on national TV, disregarding your hometown, was a poor decision. I agree with Jay02 though, he was going to get bashed regardless of his decision.

laugh.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
The dude is still a top 10 player and played better this season than last season. But to say that he plays with legitimate talent around him (including Gasol, who is at LEAST as valuable as he is) isn't "bashing", it's FACT. Fact that can be supported by plenty of evidence. Also, I love how some people are quick to hate LBJ for his flaws and yet are enamored with Kobe.
laugh.gif

things have changed this year....

laugh.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
The dude is still a top 10 player and played better this season than last season. But to say that he plays with legitimate talent around him (including Gasol, who is at LEAST as valuable as he is) isn't "bashing", it's FACT. Fact that can be supported by plenty of evidence. Also, I love how some people are quick to hate LBJ for his flaws and yet are enamored with Kobe.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

I don't think LeBron ever knew things would get this bad.  I think he assumed all of is his fans would still love him and follow him to Miami.  I honestly don't believe he likes being the villain as much as the media says he does.  LeBron thought getting ridiculed for not winning a championship was bad and he got nervous, so he made an under pressure (not always his best time) decision and chose the Miami Heat because he was in fear of never winning a championship,  he was so scared he decided to take the easy way out.  That to me is cowardly, Jordan would not have done that, he would of fought.  Sorry but thats just what I think and many Americans believe that way also.

People like you: LBJ ITZ ALL BOUT DEM RINGZZZZZZLBJ: Fine. I'll go to Miami where I can play alongside good playoff talent.You: NO NO NO NO NO YOU SUPPOSED TO WIN BY YOURSELF LIKE MJ DID! (even though he clearly didn't)...idiots.
In a society where achieving your own success reigns supreme...I fail to see how expecting someone who is great to do so, makes one an idiot.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

I don't think LeBron ever knew things would get this bad.  I think he assumed all of is his fans would still love him and follow him to Miami.  I honestly don't believe he likes being the villain as much as the media says he does.  LeBron thought getting ridiculed for not winning a championship was bad and he got nervous, so he made an under pressure (not always his best time) decision and chose the Miami Heat because he was in fear of never winning a championship,  he was so scared he decided to take the easy way out.  That to me is cowardly, Jordan would not have done that, he would of fought.  Sorry but thats just what I think and many Americans believe that way also.

People like you: LBJ ITZ ALL BOUT DEM RINGZZZZZZLBJ: Fine. I'll go to Miami where I can play alongside good playoff talent.You: NO NO NO NO NO YOU SUPPOSED TO WIN BY YOURSELF LIKE MJ DID! (even though he clearly didn't)...idiots.
In a society where achieving your own success reigns supreme...I fail to see how expecting someone who is great to do so, makes one an idiot.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

they have as i've seem lebron get bashed pretty hard on here this season some of it justifiable, some of it being just blatant hate,  the same with kobe in terms of some of it being justifable, while some of it is reaching.

i've seen you post in the laker season thread before  and i've seen dudes get tight at you over stuff you posted that wasn't even a big deal at all,  it goes both ways to me.  i can't stand the "captain save a kobe" fans the same way i can't stand the "captain save a lebron" fans.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

they have as i've seem lebron get bashed pretty hard on here this season some of it justifiable, some of it being just blatant hate,  the same with kobe in terms of some of it being justifable, while some of it is reaching.

i've seen you post in the laker season thread before  and i've seen dudes get tight at you over stuff you posted that wasn't even a big deal at all,  it goes both ways to me.  i can't stand the "captain save a kobe" fans the same way i can't stand the "captain save a lebron" fans.

Back
Top Bottom