"The Decision" in retrospect

In 1 hour long special (I watched every minute of the Decision) Lebron James went from King of he NBA's popularity polls to the most hated man in the association, and for what because he wanted to play with his friends in a beautiful city, and really contend for an NBA title. Here are are the reasons he made the correct choice.
1.The CAVS won fewer than 20 games (with the only significant roster change being LBJ) seriously guys he took that roster to 120+ wins two seasons in a row and Boobie gibson, and Donyell Marshall to the NBA finals before that..

2.Look at the top teams in both conferences they have multiple players in the top ranking of their position

(Kobe, Artest, Gasol,Odom)(Durant, Westbrook, Perkins)(Rose, boozer, Noah) imagine had he stayed (LBJ, Moe Williams, Varejao) not exactly on par with the other examples.

3.He was a free agent he played out his contract in Cleveland, never asked for a trade in the middle of it like ahem( Kobe Bryant) plus owner Dan Gilbert roasted LBJ only after offering him 120 million dollars

4.When the playoffs start he can have a dry spell and know Wade or Bosh is there to help (Remember game 7 NBA finals last year Kobe had a BAD GAME and they still won) no player has a great game every time they step on the floor. If LBJ didn't score 30+ with 9 assists in the playoffs the CAVS had NO chance to win the game.

Just my opinion!

In 1 hour long special (I watched every minute of the Decision) Lebron James went from King of he NBA's popularity polls to the most hated man in the association, and for what because he wanted to play with his friends in a beautiful city, and really contend for an NBA title. Here are are the reasons he made the correct choice.
1.The CAVS won fewer than 20 games (with the only significant roster change being LBJ) seriously guys he took that roster to 120+ wins two seasons in a row and Boobie gibson, and Donyell Marshall to the NBA finals before that..

2.Look at the top teams in both conferences they have multiple players in the top ranking of their position

(Kobe, Artest, Gasol,Odom)(Durant, Westbrook, Perkins)(Rose, boozer, Noah) imagine had he stayed (LBJ, Moe Williams, Varejao) not exactly on par with the other examples.

3.He was a free agent he played out his contract in Cleveland, never asked for a trade in the middle of it like ahem( Kobe Bryant) plus owner Dan Gilbert roasted LBJ only after offering him 120 million dollars

4.When the playoffs start he can have a dry spell and know Wade or Bosh is there to help (Remember game 7 NBA finals last year Kobe had a BAD GAME and they still won) no player has a great game every time they step on the floor. If LBJ didn't score 30+ with 9 assists in the playoffs the CAVS had NO chance to win the game.

Just my opinion!

Originally Posted by 2heavencent0

not that this topic hasnt been rehashed a billion times in the last year but... the above highlighted statement is WRONG

I'd say pretty much anyone outside of Cleveland didn't care that Lebron went to Miami to chase a ring.  It was the manner in which he did it that made him such a hated individual.

not that this topic hasnt been rehashed a billion times in the last year but... the above highlighted statement is WRONG

I'd say pretty much anyone outside of Cleveland didn't care that Lebron went to Miami to chase a ring.  It was the manner in which he did it that made him such a hated individual.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

THIS

I didnt really care where he went and being from ny i was glad he didnt come to the knicks. He could have made a simple annocement but he made it all about him like he always does. Im sorry but im not a fan and this actually made me apreciate kobe more because you will never see him doing something like this.

THIS

I didnt really care where he went and being from ny i was glad he didnt come to the knicks. He could have made a simple annocement but he made it all about him like he always does. Im sorry but im not a fan and this actually made me apreciate kobe more because you will never see him doing something like this.

Originally Posted by Slicknick951

THIS

No Kobe just goes on Radio shows and demands to be traded!! The Decision was a product of societies 24 hour coverage of everything that might become a story... The crazy thing is that millions of people watched the decision. 

Originally Posted by Slicknick951

THIS

No Kobe just goes on Radio shows and demands to be traded!! The Decision was a product of societies 24 hour coverage of everything that might become a story... The crazy thing is that millions of people watched the decision. 

No doubt he should've left the cavs, that organization sucks. They had the whole summer to atleast try to make up for the loss and didn't do @%%%.

No doubt he should've left the cavs, that organization sucks. They had the whole summer to atleast try to make up for the loss and didn't do @%%%.

"The Decision" was ridiculous. No one has done anything like that before. He even had underprivileged kids standing behind him to make it look like some sort of charity function. It was a transparent display of pompousness.

I don't hate him for leaving his hometown team... they clearly didn't help him out, as their best supporting cast member they offered to him was Mo or a decrepid Shaq. But damn, dude, you definitely could have handled it better.

"The Decision" was ridiculous. No one has done anything like that before. He even had underprivileged kids standing behind him to make it look like some sort of charity function. It was a transparent display of pompousness.

I don't hate him for leaving his hometown team... they clearly didn't help him out, as their best supporting cast member they offered to him was Mo or a decrepid Shaq. But damn, dude, you definitely could have handled it better.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--The Decision was just a masquerade to hide his royal QUITNESS.
I don't get it.  What did he quit again?
laugh.gif
 This

How many times will this be re-hashed? Most of the backlash came from HOW he did it, not WHAT he did.

How many times will this be re-hashed? Most of the backlash came from HOW he did it, not WHAT he did.

This.

This.

We all know how good of a player LeBron is. There's no denying his ability and talents, but what bothered me about "The Decision" was the simple fact that he went to Miami to win a ring knowing he would have two other excellent players with him. I mean if your as good as LeBron is and have Wade and Bosh on your side there shouldn't be any reason on why you can't win a championship.

However to me that doesn't make you an "elite" player as say Jordan or Kobe. When Kobe and Shaq were winning alot of people questioned if Kobe can do it alone. Kobe has proved he can win rings without Shaq. Jordan won them without superstars (You can argue Pippen, but that's another topic). Now we may never know if LeBron can do it "alone". I mean, we don't even know if he can do it with Wade and Bosh, but I'm thinking they might be able too.

Cleveland was winning with LeBron but they couldn't get over the hump? Is that the organization's fault? I don't believe so. Great players have the ability to get their team to the top, they make everyone around them better. LeBron was doing that in Cleveland, but he couldn' take them to the promise land. Was he frustrated he was in Cleveland? I don't know but if he believes he's the greatest then don't you think as the greatest he would do whatever possible to get Cleveland the ring?

I know this has been beaten to death before but I think he made the wrong decision going to Miami. To me it seemed like the easy way out to win a title while having tremendous amounts of fun at the same time. Now imagine if he took Cleveland all the way, that would have made him look that much better than him having a "part" in taking Miami all the way.

Back
Top Bottom