THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

Why do I have a gut feeling that someone will blatantly post the spoilers in this thread very soon?

I guess I'll be avoiding this thread from now on.

ouba80.jpg

Originally Posted by dhart48

just read the "leak"
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 if any of that is true, i already couldn't wait for ghost protocol now im beastin for it!

i should add if you haven't read it yet, DONT. Unless you are like me and will still be just as shocked watching as you were when you read it. Used to read LOST spoilers all the time, def didn't phase me

I just read it too.  The one thing that makes me think it's not real is...

Spoiler [+]
it's practically giving away the one scene that everyone wants to see.  I wouldn't think Nolan would give away such a huge part of the movie in a 6-minute prologue, but if it's true then...

1772373_o.gif

Read the prologue description
tired.gif
. I didn't think it had any MAJOR spoilers but I could see why someone would want to wait for MI:4 to see it. Epic if true
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by dhart48

just read the "leak"
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 if any of that is true, i already couldn't wait for ghost protocol now im beastin for it!

i should add if you haven't read it yet, DONT. Unless you are like me and will still be just as shocked watching as you were when you read it. Used to read LOST spoilers all the time, def didn't phase me

I just read it too.  The one thing that makes me think it's not real is...

Spoiler [+]
it's practically giving away the one scene that everyone wants to see.  I wouldn't think Nolan would give away such a huge part of the movie in a 6-minute prologue, but if it's true then...

1772373_o.gif
I thought that too, but then I really started to think about it and..

Spoiler [+]
It makes perfect sense. If the prologue ends with that scene/image and just cuts to the title it will propel the hype and anticipation to TDK levels for the actual release, maybe even more. Gotta give Nolan some credit. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by the coolness

I thought that too, but then I really started to think about it and..

Spoiler [+]
It makes perfect sense. If the prologue ends with that scene/image and just cuts to the title it will propel the hype and anticipation to TDK levels for the actual release, maybe even more. Gotta give Nolan some credit. 
pimp.gif

Yeah, I'm not gonna doubt Nolan's plan.  In Nolan We Trust!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

NEW PHOTOS AND PLOT DETAILS FROM THE DARK KNIGHT RISES!

by SuperHeroHype

November 21, 2011

The new issue of Empire magazine has been sent to subscribers and it gives a look at four more photos from Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises in addition to the two covers previously posted.

In the article, Nolan reveals that the story picks up eight years after The Dark Knight. "It's really all about finishing Batman and Bruce Wayne's story. We left him in a very precarious place. Perhaps surprisingly for some people, our story picks up quite a bit later, eight years after 'The Dark Knight.' So he's an older Bruce Wayne; he's not in a great state. With Bane, we're looking to give Batman a challenge he hasn't had before. With our choice of villain and with our choice of story we're testing Batman both physically as well as mentally."

Tom Hardy said that Bane is "brutal. He's a big dude who's incredibly clinical, in the fact that he has a result-based and oriented fighting style. It's not about fighting. It's about carnage. The style is heavy-handed, heavy-footed, it's nasty. Anything from small-joint manipulation to crushing skulls, crushing rib cages, stamping on shins and knees and necks and collarbones and snapping heads off and tearing his fists through chests, ripping out spinal columns. He is a terrorist in mentality as well as brutal action."

Costume designer Lindy Hemming also talked about Bane's mask in the film. "He was injured early in his story. He's suffering from pain and needs gas to survive. He can't survive the pain without the mask. The pipes from the mask go back along his jawline and feed into the thing at his back, where there are two cannisters."

Nolan added that the prologue coming with Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol in IMAX "is basically the first six, seven minutes of the film. It's an introduction to Bane, and a taste of the rest of the film."

34xjrdg.jpg

2gv3grd.jpg

6r6kvn.jpg

9izh92.jpg

2rhr95e.jpg

^Tom Hardy looks huge in that first picture illmatic posted, but not so big in that second to last picture. I don't know what to think now. I hope they did some camera magic and have Bane looking huge on film.

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

^Tom Hardy looks huge in that first picture illmatic posted, but not so big in that second to last picture. I don't know what to think now. I hope they did some camera magic and have Bane looking huge on film.
I have a feeling he will definitely look bulkier in the film, but nowhere close to the comic/cartoon/video game incarnations.
Even though Chris said it so nonchalantly, the fact that this film will take place 8 years after TDK is really major. The possibility of Batman either retiring or being broken would really make sense. I wonder if he is going to integrate any of the "Dark Knight Returns" motifs in TDKR. Only thing that I am disappointed with, is the fact his suit is still the same.

That photo of Bane and Batman facing off though.. not sure if that's a sewer.. or maybe, the Batcave?

Learning now that this film is set 8 years after TDK, I'd be willing to bet at the end of this film Joseph Gordon Levitt character will actually be revealed as **** Grayson.  Although he will not appear in any type of "Robin" form his identity will come to light and serve as a major plot point.

It just seems very Nolanish that while saying he would not have "Robin" in his Batman movies, he never said anything about **** Grayson.     

The leak is about what the prologue is going to be right?

I suspect it to be true, and it makes sense if the movie takes place 8 years after The Dark Knight.

How old is Bruce Wayne going to be in the Dark Knight Rises?

If the film takes place 8 years after TDK then the leaked prologue has to be fake given where it starts back from.
Spoiler [+]
Unless we're suppose to assume it takes 8 years to heal from that injury which would suck
laugh.gif
Bats looks huge in that one pic, more bulky than Bane
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

trailer to be shown before the new Sherlock Holmes movie
I thought it was for Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol? 

Originally Posted by RFX45

I believe,
Trailer will be in Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
Prologue will be in Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (70mm IMAX Prints Only)

Back
Top Bottom