The "DAMN I remember them!!!" Vintage Nike Thread!!!

I'm sure they will but you can pretty much guarantee that they will be a crap retro as usual.  I just bought the all black Air Force Maxes and they are without a doubt the most uncomfortable pair of kicks I have EVER worn.  I wore them for 2 hours and had to take them off.  They were Absolutely killing my feet.:smh: :smh: :smh:

You ain't lying. I've got the same pair of Air Force Maxes and they are bricks. The heaviest shoes I own. They are stiff and take some time to break in. Makes a decent playground balling shoe though...

too bad they dont use the same molds for griffeys now
Nope, pretty sad when you know they have the actual molds but don't use them.
mean.gif

Last pair of Unlimiteds I found size 11.5.

You ain't lying. I've got the same pair of Air Force Maxes and they are bricks. The heaviest shoes I own. They are stiff and take some time to break in. Makes a decent playground balling shoe though...
I don't know if I can wear them for long enough periods of time to actually break them in.
frown.gif

Well, it finally happened. My Air Unlimiteds are officially done. Funny how it happened a week or so after Grant Hill retired. I guess 20 years is long enough. 

In their prime:

At their worst:

Wear & enjoy your shoes people. Add another shoe to my retro wait list....

Someone posted earlier a sample of the black 03 retros of these. I'd love those. These sneakers remind me of the RUN-T.M.C days in Golden State.

I love Nike's like the unlimiteds Carnivores and some huaraches that don't require laces, they are so comfortable and easy to slip on, all u gotta do is strap them up then ya good to go.

Last edited:
Well, it finally happened. My Air Unlimiteds are officially done. Funny how it happened a week or so after Grant Hill retired. I guess 20 years is long enough. 

In their prime:

At their worst:

Wear & enjoy your shoes people. Add another shoe to my retro wait list....
That black pair I just listed is dead too.  All kinds of cracks in the midsoles.  Sure to fall apart if worn.  Damn shame and don't hold your breath for a retro, at least not a good one anyway.
I love Nike's like the unlimiteds Carnivores and some huaraches that don't require laces, they are so comfortable and easy to slip on, all u gotta do is strap them up then ya good to go.
Yep good stuff.
smile.gif

Well, if they brought back the LWP's, and the 2 Strongs for a second time, why not the Unlimited's? Especially if the 2 Strongs and the Unlimited's share some similarities. If they bring those back with the Maestro 1's, I'd wrap this sneaker hobby up and call it quits.

Lol I know better. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, right?
First things first most Nike retros are the WORST!!!  Lol.
Well, if they brought back the LWP's, and the 2 Strongs for a second time, why not the Unlimited's? Especially if the 2 Strongs and the Unlimited's share some similarities. If they bring those back with the Maestro 1's, I'd wrap this sneaker hobby up and call it quits.
I'm sure they will receive a retro some day but the quality will most likely be dog ish.
mean.gif

I feel you. My last 5 before I call it quits:

Air Up (both)

Air Mission - 1st $100 shoe that I paid for with my own money lol

Air Bowl Trainer

Air Unlimited - any OG CW will do

lol is that too much to ask? Damn 93-95 was strong!  

For those who haven't heard, the Nike Air Veer is making a comeback in retro form. I don't remember off the top of my head, but will be July or August release.

Confirmed colorways...

White/Black or Black/White.....can'r remember
Grey/Royal (retro+ colorway)
White/Red

^ HAHA, nope. Sorry.

The Nike Air Slant is also set to return within the next two months.

^ HAHA, nope. Sorry.

The Nike Air Slant is also set to return within the next two months.
I saw a couple of pairs of Slants on ebay. They look like crap.  I love the Air Veer but I have zero expectations of it being a decent retro.

Here is the Darwin Lites I was talking about a couple weeks ago that my friends has.  I really like them in this colorway.

^Pretty dope...
Yeah I like them.  I really wish they were an 11.  So many kicks to get rid of yet so few size 11s that are wearable. 
frown.gif

Original 1984 Nike Vandals.  Crazy how the gold turns green just like it does with jewelry if you don't clean it.

Back
Top Bottom