The Combat Jack Show Thread

Lets be real TBI are feeling the heat from Joes Pod

Right now Joe > TBI and I was a HUGE TBI fan even went to a live event and met both CTG and Alt Right Andy.

Rory always laments that they are doing this **** for free, he always mentioning the bag. :lol:

I was having this convo the other day, because some friends just got into the pod so they are listening to old eps..and they made it to the talkspace ad ep...:lol:

Budden was telling Mal a few weeks ago if he’s ready to censor himself when they get sponsors, like Budden isn’t the one who ruined the talk space bag, he put content over money, I’m not mad tho because this **** is still hilarious :lol:

Around the hr and 20 min mark

“Hey doc text me back when you get a min, today was draining.” :lol:

The classic episodes came when they moved to Parks spot. The Daredevil episode. The one where Joe kept telling Mal to Catch me after the podcast. The one where Joe told him to Dip from myPod Man were all classics. I may revisit the episodes from about episode while driving to school.

Rory always laments that they are doing this **** for free, he always mentioning the bag. :lol:

I was having this convo the other day, because some friends just got into the pod so they are listening to old eps..and they made it to the talkspace ad ep...:lol:

Budden was telling Mal a few weeks ago if he’s ready to censor himself when they get sponsors, like Budden isn’t the one who ruined the talk space bag, he put content over money, I’m not mad tho because this **** is still hilarious :lol:

Around the hr and 20 min mark

“Hey doc text me back when you get a min, today was draining.” :lol:

Fam I remember listening to this episode on the way to work and had to pull my car over because I was laughing too much. Like how is this ***** Joe Budden of all people clowning the ad for talkspace :rofl:

Fan of both the brilliant idiots and Joe Budden podcast .

Joe has had the best podcast for some time now.

Wax from TBI is ****in hilarious though , he needs his own pod lol

and him clowning MiUndies :lol:

Meanwhile Nore had a infomercial in the Cas and Kenny Burns episode and interrupted that with a commercial

I always wanted Wale to do Combat

The Dallas pod is interesting. I listened to the Ken Montgomery one. IMO him and Pete should have done one together. I can't really tolerate Dallas in large doses.

Wale was never on the Combat Jack Show? For some reason I feel like he has been on the show before.

Also, Dallas was my favorite part of the show. He was the wildcard and instigated a lot of great banter during the early days of the show.

I always wanted Wale to do Combat

The Dallas pod is interesting. I listened to the Ken Montgomery one. IMO him and Pete should have done one together. I can't really tolerate Dallas in large doses.

Was just going to post this today but wasn’t sure if it fit better in this thread or the everyday struggle joint.

Son definitely sounds like he’s in a better space as compared to this time last year when he was prepping to drop SHiNE. Him battling legal problems around that time explains a lot of how he was behaving last year also. Seems to have grown a lot. Hopefully he stays on this new path. He’s one of those cats who gets in his own way and makes it hard for his fans to ride with him, but I’m rooting for homie.

Also good to hear that him and Meek are cool again. ****** up that it’s under these circumstances though. Never been Meek’s biggest fan, but they really doing that man dirty. Hoping they let dude out soon. Another MMG run would be appreciated.

I didn't know him and Cudi were that cool.

I didn't like the last album. IMO he was trying to out do Drake. He was trying to prove he was doing "world music" first. And was following behind what Drake was doing. It seemed forced.

Yep. Definitely trying to outdo Drake. Dude didn’t seem to be his genuine self on that project, if that makes sense. It had a few good tracks (Scarface Rozay and Gotta still hard as hell to me), but it was a throw away.

It’s crazy because 2015 Wale who dropped TAAN far outperformed 2015 Drake who dropped IYRTITL. Son wants so badly to be the top guy in rap, and I get that the genre is competitive, but he’s better when he’s not chasing it.

I hated Wale's last album but I can understand his reasoning behind it. A sound that he came out incorporating into his music (that he also grow up with) became popular so he made an album around it. It not being well received probably infuriated him, not the first time something like this has happened to him (New black soul). I'm sure he noticed all these dudes getting sneaker deals and just throwing whatever is seeded to them on their platforms. Meanwhile he came out the gate on some sneaker enthusiasts **** and all he got to show for it was a few colorways from Asics

I’m not mad at My Love to be honest. Yep track really could’ve been bigger last summer. It was a cool tune.

But the thing about Wale, from my perspective, is that he doesn’t take a moment to appreciate where he’s at or the things he’s accomplished. That rubs his fans, and casual listeners the wrong way because folks look at him complaining about not being the #1 guy and say “damn... the support we’re giving you isn’t enough?” I get that dude is hard on himself, but the way he delivers his frustrations are offputting.

But, again, son seems to be in a better space. Hopefully that lasts and isn’t some temporary schtick. This It’s Complicated ep was f’ing Fire imo. The title track captures the sentiments of what it’s like dating/*******/being “outchea” in this current day and age once you’re on the later end of your 20s. Been rocking with that joint since it dropped.

Cas had a good analogy, in reference to Troy Ave, these dudes want to drop the controller and start over. Everybody in the streets knows the streets don't love you.

Tax told Cas don't let someone like me do you. Gangsta troll :lol: I wonder if that means if Troy would have just ignored him none of this would have ever happen.

Back
Top Bottom