The Combat Jack Show Thread

I listened to Dave East on Murda Looks podcast a few days ago, ain't plan on listening to the whole thing but the joint was great. Dave East a solid dude. Glad to hear a current rapper be honest about the BS going on in hip hop now and he straight up said Post Malone is raping the culture.

It's bad luck to be cool with Joe. First Berg, then Fab, and now Safaree. Royce better watch out.

The last like 3 bodega boys joints ain’t been that good to me...just a few laughs and interesting topics

is this like the official unofficial podcast thread?

tenor.gif
is this like the official unofficial podcast thread?

tenor.gif

I think this is actually the OG podcast thread on this site fam. I know there is a way less active one that runs in general but this is the real pod thread to be honest.

Tomorrow’s burden epiaode gonna be hella interesting. That fab talk is easily the biggest story of the week. Joe can’t really not address it.

Yo is everyday struggle even still running?

If this ***** and her pops really stole 300k from him and tried to do it again I have zero sympathy for her teeth

Budden dropped the episode a day early fams. Interested in hearing what Mal has to say about the breakfast club’s recent increase in numbers. He’s been coming at their necks for the past few weeks. :lol:

Magic, before I press play, did you keep it real on the Fab situation or did you take the p.c. route since you all cool?

Must wait for the youtube video

I'm not sure what Joe was talking about. Anyone can be caught slipping.

Safaree is from Flatbush. I'm sure he has street smarts. People get big heads. But people look at him as food anyway, because of the Meek situation and because he doesn't come off as a tough guy. Plus if you're going to flaunt around wolves.

Mal handled the Fab situation well, I was worried. :lol:

Yo they're buggin talking about Rosanne doing 25 mil isn't crazy, those are Super Bowl numbers. No one expected that and I can't see any show doing that from the 90s besides Seinfeld, maybe Friends. 25 mil is crazy, I'd bet money ABC was hoping for 8-10 mil.

No way is Martin doing 25 mil, hahahahaha. I love Martin, one of my favorite shows ever but hell no.

25 million is excessive. I feel like a show hasn't done those kinds numbers since like friends or something.

Those are not Super Bowl numbers bro, SB does like 4-5 times that :lol:

Leading up to the premiere Roseanne did a whole talk show publicity/promo tour in which she basically firmly expressed her support for Trump and said the show would kinda articulate the feelings and grievances of devout Trump supporters. That’s why Trump hopped out there talking about this show is for “us” blah blah. Whole reason ABC even wanted to bring it back anyway is to get those Flyover country viewers.

Considering the stuff surrounding the series premiere and the political climate I’m not surprised it did those numbers either tbh.

I didn’t mean literally, SB does like 100.

Crazy how close Mal was to the final score.

Maller Alert was funny as ****

Went to the Bodega Boys show last night.

Didn't really know what to expect but it was great. Worth the money. Crowd was crazy diverse. There was a couple in front of me that were at least in their 50s. A lot of people I know only watch the show but don't listen to the podcast so they missed a lot of references in the live show. Mero did some of his characters and they got to the akas and a lot of folks I talked to after were lost. Mero really worked the stage where Desus just stood in one spot the whole time.

I'd go see them again next time they're in town.
Glad to hear this a good show...felt $40 a ticket was a bit much

Back
Top Bottom