The Combat Jack Show Thread

Big Body Bes and Beans Tax season are top 3 three. Pick whatever Bodega Boys episode you like the most for the other.. No particular order

Last edited:
Those NYPD officer impersonations :lol: :lol:
Officer Proscuttio in his Yankees jersey :lol:

Son [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Yesenia be having me rolling; especially the T. S. A version. Everybody knows a Yesenia in NYC.

Maybe its because im not from NY but I didn't find bodega boys to be funny at all.

Last edited:
I'm from New York and I don't find them that funny.

They don't have timing with their jokes. They say them on top of each other. They say one thing and they're already moved on to another subject. It's like two dudes trying to out do each other speed racing jokes. Let's see how many jokes and one liners we can deliver in an hour.

It's not my type of humor.

Ross :pimp:. I have my criticisms of him and his character he plays.....but he's soooo underrated as a lyricist, artist and boss. Ross is a true hip hop head.....one that will reach out, and back to put people on. Listening now....hopefully NORE asks him some real questions.

And Top pods of the year had to be Tax & Big Body Bes, Tax & Beanie and any Bodega Boys episode.

NORE got some great ones already though. He supposedly has one coming up with Puff and Khaled later.

I always wonder if Rozay got hella ghost writers ...tell you this, he's definitely got an ear for great production and I wonder why more people don't use the Justice League.

I in no way think Ross has a ghostwriter.. he was a ghostwriter himself. Not to mention dude has a REAL love for hiphop

Damn, Port of Miami really is a classic. Revisiting that joint today. It's crazy it's been 10 years. I was a senior in high school when this joint dropped. Damn I feel old. :lol:

I started listening to Ross and went back to Clark Kent

He's also on Pete's podcast this week. Pete really needs to shorten his podcast. :smh:

I'm from New York and I don't find them that funny.

They don't have timing with their jokes. They say them on top of each other. They say one thing and they're already moved on to another subject. It's like two dudes trying to out do each other speed racing jokes. Let's see how many jokes and one liners we can deliver in an hour.

It's not my type of humor.
I can see why you wouldn't like them, but I think everything you mentioned is kinda what makes them appealing, at least to me.

I constantly find myself thinking that they should've spoken more on a topic or that there was room to expand on a joke. However, because they go about everything so casually, it feels like a laid back podcast session that you can just breeze through and enjoy. Its almost like hanging out with some dudes from your block and jumping from topic to topic with them unintentionally. I think the NY references also help them (mostly for New Yorkers and hipsters who aspire to visit a bodega). They're able to unravel the madness that's surrounded them in a way that, again, only people from around the way typically do. I'm not particularly a fan of the Bronx (even as a New Yorker lol), but they own it so much while also showing support for the city in general that its hard for me to not champion them or the podcast. 

EDIT: The ART is up! *art emoji* 

Last edited:
New art already? Imma tune in. Boring Friday at work. Need this to take me to lunch :lol:.

And I'm not even from NYC, but I understand the references the Bodega boys make. If you have a working knowledge of NYC....you should understand at least at a surface level.

They be going deep with some of the references though. A lot of sht flies over dudes heads :lol:

Just listened to the "where's Victor" Bodega Boys podcast and Desus imitating Usain Bolt's mother about settling down had me rolling. If u grew up with foreign parents u can relate :lol:

Last edited:
"Mhhh" :rofl: :rofl:

My family is from the Virgin Islands. I've heard that subtle disgust/disdain more times than I can begin to remember. Saving the new [emoji]127912[/emoji] for the ride home from work. :smokin

Last edited:
Mero just did an impersonation of THIS dude right here on the new episode of the Bodega boys.... :rofl:

For reference

Already know this episode is going to be lit :lol:

Last edited:
I thought the joke was the any looks 22. Not the 22 yo looks like a baby. :rofl: my mind is so blow right now.

Bruh no way is the dude 22. :wow: :rofl:

Aka my plus one got a plus one so don't make a fuss son

Desus be killing it with the names [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom