The College Basketball Post

Winthrop.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Miami (fl) goes down for the first time this year.. not really a surprise, Winthrop is solid again this year and Miami is overrated a bit. Don't be surprised if WVU drops out of the top 25 after today too, if oklahoma decides to get it together.

No i don't think they'll lose.

Alexander teaching Blake Griffin a lesson.
smokin.gif

Bo Ryan needs to recruit some athletes.
coach rarely gets top players outside of wisconsin, minnesota, illinois area...i imagine wisconsin is a tough draw though
laugh.gif
...plus Bo only goes after players that fit the system to a t...hughes is theonly player outside of the midwest but he went to prep school here....it would be nice to get some athletes, i mean the badgers have been tournament team foryears...

flowers
pimp.gif

im so upset at PITT right now. this was like a ncaa regional game atmosphere tho. ronald ramon once again shows me that he is worthless.

Originally Posted by haiti5

im so upset at PITT right now. this was like a ncaa regional game atmosphere tho. ronald ramon once again shows me that he is worthless.

That Brian Roberts Fella was lightin it up
eek.gif

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Damn, good call Craftsy.
laugh.gif
was just a feeling... i actually thought vandy might lose too. WVU, Vandy and Miami were all teams we talked about a few pages back and ithink i even posted an article about them, how they're kinda paper-tigers right now b/c they haven't beaten anybody yet.. I just figured they'd allgo down the same day since they played decent comp.

I look for all of them to be bubble teams by years end.

Originally Posted by petey yup

Miami won't make the tourney. OK St. of last season....gonna BUM it in conference play....

I tend to agree with you.. but i think it'll be closer than ok state was last year come seasons end, they probably will have an outside shot at dancingif they could win 7 conference games and maybe one in the acc tourney. not impossible to imagine, but pretty unlikely still.

I also decided to look more into Dayton now that they've compiled a whole handful of decent wins (Pitt, Louisville, Miami Oh, Holy Cross) and I'mpretty surprised at how solid they look.. remind me of Butler statistically.. they play a very slow, deliberate pace on offense and make a very high percentageof 3's while not turning the ball over very much. I'm not too familiar with any of their individual players, but statistically speaking, this is avery solid team and the wins they've racked up so far certainly back that up.. their only loss this year was to George Mason away from home, so this teamis looking like a candidate for an at-large bid so long as they win a good portion of that a-10 schedule.. however, the a-10 is the best it's been inawhile right now, St Joe's is always tough, Xavier is good again, Duquesne is quickly becoming one of the better programs in the league, and Rhode Islandhas put together a nice season so far also. I wouldn't entirely sleep on Umass either. Who'd have thought the a-10 would be semi-relevant again?
laugh.gif

The A10 has about 6-7 pretty good teams but only 4 have good chances at dancing(RIU, UMass, Xavier, Dayton). St Joes has underachieved a bit...with 4 lossesand 0 relevant wins in the OC and Duquesne has 3 losses and 0 relevant wins in the OC. Those 2 would have to finish 1st or 2nd in conference to make thetourney most likely.

Based on what I have seen, I'd say Xavier wins the conference and RIU and Dayton dance with them. UMass has a big game @Vandy coming up...

Pitt's Fields likely out for rest of regular season with broken foot

By Andy Katz
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: December 30, 2007, 6:57 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

Pittsburgh guard Levance Fields suffered a broken left foot in Saturday's loss to Dayton and will be out 8-12 weeks, which could end his regular season.

Pittsburgh spokesperson Greg Hotchkiss said Fields will have surgery Monday and will have a pin inserted in his left foot.

"We're extremely disappointed for Levance," coach Jamie Dixon said. "We expect him to make a full recovery and return sometime later in theseason."

Fields' injury comes a week after the Panthers lost starting forward Mike Cook for the season with a torn ACL in a victory over Duke at Madison SquareGarden in which Fields hit the game-winning 3-pointer.

Fields was averaging 11.9 points, 3.8 rebounds and 5.4 assists in 12 starts for Pitt this season, his second as a starter. He had started 49 straight games atPitt.

Fields' injury leaves Pitt with little depth. Ronald Ramon is likely to replace Fields at point guard, but has been inconsistent this season. Ramon isnursing a sore shoulder and missed all eight shots in the Dayton loss. He is 1-for-15 in the last two games.

With Cook and Fields out, Pitt is down to nine scholarship players because redshirt freshman Austin Wallace was lost for the season when he fractured thepatella in one knee in practice earlier this month.

Senior writer Andy Katz covers men's college basketball for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Is this old news by now? I'm just hearing of it... damnn..

Pitt is done... top two players gone? That's just brutal... next year they oughta be special though with Blair getting a full year under his belt..

CAKE
nerd.gif

Yea know i am excited for the conference play to start. We get to see who is for real now.

This Cinci-LVille game coming down to the wire.... Lville just isn't what they are supposed to be...

Back
Top Bottom