The College Basketball Post

The Prince is so legit
pimp.gif
sick.gif

Love, love Johnson's game.

Yall dude Teague is killin
sick.gif

FSN has a helluva lineup for tomorrow they have pretty good games from 1 to 9 its really good for someone like me whose NFL team didn't make the playoffs.

Aminu is the second best freshman this year behind Monroe

3 of these white boys fouled out
sick.gif

Johnson carried Wake down the stretch.

53 game win streak over. Were down i think 8 in the 2nd half but never let it get out of reach.. Still not exactly sure what they have only Beating Baylor andnow this win. But my biggest concern was Gaudio in a tough spot...but he seems legit.

They get a week off before Carolina on Sunday...that game is going to be hyped big time now. most likely #1 vs #4.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Worst offensive game in 4 years. FOUR years. Worst game of the year, by far.
And that was dictated by Pitt.

Haven't seen a III team lose their composure like this, ever.
Not surprised we lost, but shocked how it got away. Wake up call.
And now have to go and try to end a 43 game home win streak on Monday, great.

To credit Pitt, Blair took the game over. It was all him. That team is not all that great on the glass, that is ALL him.

Defensively that's as good a team D this offense has played against in forever. Wright and Freeman had nowhere to attack.

Pitt still has a lack of frontcourt depth, and IMO their guards would get run off the floor by UNC...but it's all match ups.
My thoughts on the game:
As a G'Town fan, you could take this game either way. Their 3 biggest flaws we're really exposed this game.Their weak bench/lack of depth (2 points off the bench?!
sick.gif
), rebounding(43-17) and the fact that they're a young and inexperienced team. They kept it close until about 12 minutes left, then Pitt just exploited the hell out ofall 3. Pitt would go on a little run, and then someone on G'Town would make the rookie mistake of trying to answer by doing too much and end up turning theball over. At the same time, the fact that the Hoyas stayed with them for that long while playing that poorly can definitely be seen as a positive. In the endthough, I think Pitt is just too aggressive and talented at every positon for them. The Hoyas are still a legit Elite 8 squad.

As a Heels fan, Pitt definitely scares me. Their aggressiveness on both sides of the court is something that is definitely needed to beat us. I could see themcoming out and rattling us like Kansas did.

sick.gif
@ Teague and Wake. I can't wait for that game a week from tmo. Thatshould actually give us a gauge on how we would handle Pitt, seeing as I think they're very similiar squads, outside of experience and the fact that Wakehas better guards. Wake plays that same extremely aggressive style as Pitt. Should be the best game of the year so far...

Good points. And agree with all. Especially that our youth showed today..after Uconn they looked like veterans but today you could see 7 out of the 9 kids totouch the floor were freshmen or sophomores. Everyone wanted to make the big play and to be the hero...which is not how success has come. They'll learn.

Depth only concerns me if an injury pops up or foul trouble. That didn't happen today, which makes the loss that much worse to me. I want those 5 guys outthere 35 minutes if they can be.

Pitt is just a horrible, horrible match up. I believe we are 34-6 now in the last 40 Big east games. Half of those losses are against Pitt
laugh.gif

I take our talent..but I take their physicality and mentality.

As a Heels fan, Pitt definitely scares me.
As far as Big East teams go...I still view Uconn on a good day a better shot than Pitt.

Fields, Dixon, Wannamaker show me nothing for the most part.... I think Ty, Green and Ellington would have a field day. and run them to death.

And we all know Hansbrough puts others bigs in foul trouble..and that team relies on Blair A LOT. They only bring McGhee off the bench as a big.

you take Blair out they become basically an average to mediocore rebounding team. He out rebounded us by HIMSELF.
laugh.gif
. literally.

I think Thompson/Davis could go to work against Biggs as well.

Pitt is still the same team that nearly dropped games to FSU and Rutgers..they just killus.

All that said yes, I still favor Pitt as an Elite8/Final 4 team...but with them it is really all match ups. And I don't like a UNC one, at all.

On another sidenote, I don't understand why the Hoyas objective every time down the court isn't to get Monroe the ball. He's not gettinganywhere near as many touches as he should. For them to reach their potential, they have got to get the ball to Monroe and make the defense collapse. Summersand Freeman are the only other 2 players who can consistently create for themselves. Monroe could draw so much more attention and really free things up forother players, because at times their O can look really stagnant.

Pat plays in the Ukraine...And is getting off over there.
pimp.gif

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Monday, November 3, 2008[/h2]
http:// [h3]Beverley in Ukraine[/h3]
It's not too often that an Arkie (Arkansan) like myself gets to write about a connection between my home state and the big, wide world of international basketball, but tonight is an exception:

Guard Patrick Beverley, who starred for the University of Arkansas Razorbacks the past two years, is playing for BC Dnipro in the Ukraine this fall due to undisclosed reasons.

The Chicago native averaged 12.1 points and 6.6 rebounds a game last season and would have been the Razorbacks' returning leader in both categories (I remember he averaged over 10 rebounds a game in the first half of the SEC season last year - a phenomenal feat for a 6-foot-1 guard!)

According to ESPN, he originally wanted to play in the NBA's Developmental League in order to prepare for the 2009 draft, but decided to play in the Ukraine after he learned that DC Dnipro's coach is Bob Donewald , who has coached in the college, the NBA, Great Britain and Brazil personally trained NBA players LeBron James, Carlos Boozer, Dejaun Wagner, Jamal Mashburn, Baron Davis, Nene, and Marcus Vinicius Vieira De Sousa.

The ability to learn under such an experienced teacher and garner a 1-year salary of over $100,000 likely proved decisive for Beverley.

So what exactly is BC Dnipro and how is Beverley faring on its team?

BC Dnipro is located in Dnipropetrovsk, the 3rd-largest city in Ukraine.

The team plays in the 5200 person arena SC Meteor.

It is in the 8-team UBL league. There are two other Ukrainian domestic leagues - the 10-team Superleague - and the 12-team Higher League.

Currently, BC Dnipro is 3rd place at 6-3 - so far an improvement over last year's 8th-place finish (with a 8-14 record) in the Superleague.

Beverley is making Chicago and all of Arkansas proud over there, leading the team in minutes a game (32.3), steals (2.2), assists (3.7) and 3-point % (47.6). He's second in points (16.2) and apparently blocked shots (3.3!)

In the UBL league, Beverley is 10th in points, 7th in assists, 3rd in steals, and 4th in blocks.

We sure miss him in Arkansas, but it looks like he's doin' just fine overseas so far.

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

On another sidenote, I don't understand why the Hoyas objective every time down the court isn't to get Monroe the ball. He's not getting anywhere near as many touches as he should. For them to reach their potential, they have got to get the ball to Monroe and make the defense collapse. Summers and Freeman are the only other 2 players who can consistently create for themselves. Monroe could draw so much more attention and really free things up for other players, because at times their O can look really stagnant.
it was the same with Hibbert, year before same with Jeff Green..while we've integrated some things, it's still heavily Princeton based andinfluenced..

the offense just isn't gona turn into dumping into the block and working from there...whether it's right or wrong, idk..I do feel he get a good amountof touches today. I thought the biggest problem was Freeman and Wright had nowhere to go and how good of help D Pitt plays.

The times guys did decide to go 1 on 1..There was panic and bad shot selection
and on top of that We missed some open looks when we got them today, too.This team has to shoot it well this year to beat top teams.

They and maybe Duke (we'll see) are the only defenses I've seen who can play man against us. More credit tothem than anything. Pitt is physical, doesn't over play and bumps cutters.

And, IMO, Greg's back to the basket game isn't where it needs to be yet either.

I can't really argue with how III runs his offense. It's always predicated on movement and cuts...and it's been one of the most efficient in thecountry basically since he got here.

Today, I woulda liked to have seen Greg and Chris have more pick and roll sets that have been featured earlier this year.

Again, not a coincidence that when we play Pitt these issues arise..I gota give them credit more than anything.

Yall see the trailer for the Hoop Dreams sequel with Pat Beverly??

since he went to Marshall...I guess they followed him around for HS and Arthur acted as a guide for him.

think it comes out soon.

it'll probably suck compared to the original

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Damn I would have loved to see him and Cortney in the backcourt
pimp.gif
sick.gif

Cortney wouldn't have as many minutes tho'

since he went to Marshall...I guess they followed him around for HS and Arthur acted as a guide for him.

think it comes out soon.

Nah, never heard of it. Should be good.
pimp.gif

Beverly would have slid to the 2. Courtney would have gotten tick. The dude can play. SEC PLAYER of week this past week

Damn The Chargers got them dudes

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Beverly would have slid to the 2. Courtney would have gotten tick. The dude can play. SEC PLAYER of week this past week
Yeah, but they got the boy Rotnei playing the 2 and he's a LIGHT'S out shooter. And Stefan balling out too.

One way or another, his minutes getting cut somewhat. Maybe not too drastic, but some.

allen3xis wrote:

think it comes out soon.

Is it by Steve James the dude who originally did�it?
��

Originally Posted by allen3xis

think it comes out soon.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Sunday, January 4[table][tr][th=""]Game[/th] [th=""]Network[/th] [th=""]Coverage Notes[/th] [th=""]PPV?[/th] [th=""]Time[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Illinois at Michigan[/td] [td]
btn_hd.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]12pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Evansville at Indiana St.[/td] [td]
mvc.jpg
[/td] [td]
fs-mw.jpg
csn-chi.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1:30pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Cincinnati at Marquette[/td] [td]
ben.jpg
[/td] [td]
fs-oh.jpg
twc-32.jpg

sny.jpg
altitude.jpg

cox.jpg
masn.jpg
[/td] [td]
espnfc.jpg
[/td] [td]2pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]UCLA at Oregon[/td] [td]
fsn_hd.jpg
[/td] [td]FSN List[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3:30pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Portland St. at N. Arizona[/td] [td]
altitude.jpg
[/td] [td]
csn-nw.jpg
[/td] [td]
espnfc.jpg
[/td] [td]4pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kentucky loses at Louisville[/td] [td]
cbs_hd.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]4:30pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Boston College at N. Carolina[/td] [td]
fsn_hd.jpg
[/td] [td]FSN List[/td] [td] [/td] [td]5:30pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]USC at Oregon St.[/td] [td]
fsn-r.jpg
[/td] [td]
fs-nw.jpg
fs-w.jpg

fcs-p.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]5:30pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Drake at S. Illinois[/td] [td]
espnu.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]7pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Virginia Tech at Duke[/td] [td]
fsn_hd.jpg
[/td] [td]FSN List[/td] [td] [/td] [td]7:45pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Arizona St. at California[/td] [td]
fs-az.jpg
csn-ca.jpg
[/td] [td]
fcs-p.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]8pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Arizona at Stanford[/td] [td]
fsn_hd.jpg
[/td] [td]FSN List[/td] [td] [/td] [td]10pm[/td] [/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom