The College Basketball Post

Sheesh. Think it looks like a complete crap shoot this year.

I'll go 

Paige

Chambers

RHJ

Harrell

Kaminsky 

Chambers is a bit of hopeful thinking, but I really like him. 

Arizona stops recruiting Bragg,he's down to 4 now....Coach Cals interview from September was finally released on the 1St he confirmed UK will be using platoon subs the majority of the time with the first 5 being the twins,Towns,Poythress,and WCS and the second 5 being Ulis,Booker,Lyles,Lee,and Dakari with Willis and Hawkins getting the most situational playing time,foul trouble etc...So I don't expect to see Malone,Floreal,Lanter,or Long much at all...

I don't even think non-UK fans know who the hell Malone, Floreal, Lanter, or Long are. I sure as hell don't.

I don't even think non-UK fans know who the hell Malone, Floreal, Lanter, or Long are. I sure as hell don't.
I don't think a lot of UK fans even know who they are....Just seen ESPNU will be televising the UK scouting combine on October 10 at 3 p.m.

I know UK is UK and you get better playing against guys in practice but if I'ma recruit this type of situation just isn't appealing to me.

And yes part of this saltiness is knowing that Isaiah Briscoe is going there now.

Last edited:
I know UK is UK and you get better playing against guys in practice but if I'ma recruit this type of situation just isn't appealing to me.

And yes part of this saltiness is knowing that Isaiah Briscoe is going there now.

It's not an organic situation to be in as a player. Sounds like a bunch of verbal fluff from Cal, to be honest.

More of a "I've got the deepest @#$% team in CBB history so I'ma just throw out some bull@#$% cause I can" talking point.

Did you seriously think that Briscoe was going to end up at SJU?

It's not an organic situation to be in as a player. Sounds like a bunch of verbal fluff from Cal, to be honest.

More of a "I've got the deepest @#$% team in CBB history so I'ma just throw out some bull@#$% cause I can" talking point.

I've always felt the US has lacked a true academy type system for basketball. Cal just making it happen at UK...lol

You can't say it doesn't benefit the players. Better competition in practice then they would see playing a Big 12 conference season. Their names are being marketed from Day 1. Heck even the players see the value of listing UK on their list even though they don't plan on going there. Keeps the player's name out there just by referencing UK. Most active fan base.

But I won't fault a player if he wants to go somewhere he can get 30 shots a game. Guess it just depends on what is right for each individual player.

It being Cal,I'm sure the combine serves a marketing purpose but according to him it also serves a practical purpose,he did say that he prefer the team to not be distracted during the season and plans on not inviting scouts to practice for at least part of the season.

Josh is playing this year. How it goes, nobody really knows. Guarded optimism.

Ellenson is GOOD.

Back
Top Bottom