The College Basketball Post

dennis smith said Duke and Nc state recruiting him the strongest...stated duke is the only point guard they are recruiting and are "willing" to take a package deal of tatum him and giles...i think its funny how he said willing lol

Anyone have any insight or guesses where PJ Dozier ends up? Michigan is one of his top 5 but I don't know much about his recruitment because Michigan focused on other guys for so long.

Isn't Michigan one of the favorites to get Derryck Thornton jr ?

Is Beilein recruiting Dozier as a point guard ? Derrick Walton isn't good enough to leave early.

Saw Rawle play a couple times this summer. Not a huge fan of him but he's still young. Really strong, already has a grown man's body. Pushed people around and is a nice athlete. Kind of seemed to cruise at times though and doesn't have much of a handle if he's going to be a guard on the next level that will be an issue. Can certainly be a nice piece but never is going to be the guy on a squad from what I've seen unless he can grow a little more and really max out his shot.

DacomeUp : What you know about Rawle Alkins ? UF just offered this kid.

Cronin has been on him hard for over a year. Athletic, strong build. More of a slasher right now. He had a big spring/summer. Will need to see improvement on his jumpshot for sure, but he's picked up all the big time offers lately. Definitely think Cronin loses out to one of the big boys for him. Nova and Cincy have been on him the longest.

Isn't Michigan one of the favorites to get Derryck Thornton jr ?

Is Beilein recruiting Dozier as a point guard ? Derrick Walton isn't good enough to leave early.

Yea we are. Beilien wants Dozier as a combo guard. I have no idea how it would effect Thorton Jr's view of Michigan. I can't really argue Beilien's decison making at this point. I agree on Walton at this point but with how Beilien has improved some of his guys between frosh and soph year anything is possible. I think Irvin would be more of a likely candidate but he has to prove to be more than a shooter.

ComeUp, Why did Morman RS last year, injury? I think he and Johnson are going to be as good of a backcourt as Mick's had 2 years from now.

Still a little baffled about the Morman RS myself. Mick was contemplating redshirting him, and then he broke his foot so that made the decision easier. I thought that he was the best Frosh that we had. I think the fear was that there wouldn't be as many minutes for him with SK, Sanders and Thomas, but I could've easily seen him outplaying Thomas and Sanders. Agree that him and Johnson could be as good as Mick's had on the wing. Finally have some guys who can score.

Didn't know my man Matt McQuaid gave a verbal to the Spartans Thursday. He'll be a nice addition to the program. Sweet jumper with a good overall feel for the game. What he lacks athletically he makes up for with discipline and decision making. Hope is D holds up on the next level. You don't touch the court for Izzo if your defense isn't on point.

Last edited:
Justin Jackson commits to UNLV, McD's type talent, 6'8 point forward.

I worry he's a bit of "permanent potential" type player and for a guy with a unique skill set I really wish he picked a better school/coach.

but hey Findlay prep seems to steer these guys to UNLV.

Jawun Evans to Okie $tate

Who would everyone have as an AA Team?

Blue Ribbon came out recently and had:

VanVleet
Paige
Brogdon
Harrell
Kaminsky

I would go:
Paige
Levert
RHJ
Harrell
Okafor

I'm hearing Brandone Francis won't play this season at UF . The NCAA didn't okay some of his high school credits or some sh*t like that. I'm not looking forward to this season at all.

Last edited:
Isaiah Taylor
Frazier II
RHJ
Karl Towns
Kaminsky

Miller-McIntyre
Jerian Grant
Dekker
Nigel Hayes
Harrell

Last edited:
I'm hearing Brandone Francis won't play this season at UF . The NCAA didn't okay some of his high school credits or some sh*t like that. I'm not looking forward to this season at all.

UF is going in the season short handed at the two but can't worry unless Frazier gets hurt. Losing Devon Walker was worse considering he got experience over Francis. Hopefully Eli Carter can get back to his Rutgers form because we need his contributions. 

Looking forward to see what UF does in the Battle of Atlantis tourney. A good field in that tourney this season. 

Back
Top Bottom