The College Basketball Post

8 year 80 million and he said no.

Which is weird because he is friends with Bron and I guess he didn't have his mind made up when they offered it but I think he's known for a while.

I don't remember but did the Cavs offer him the deal before the finals were over?

Which is weird because he is friends with Bron and I guess he didn't have his mind made up when they offered it but I think he's known for a while.

I don't remember but did the Cavs offer him the deal before the finals were over?

It was made public around the first week of June I think, so the Finals weren't over yet

Nahh,I don't think anything will happen,I think he's running a clean program or as clean as anybody else
Not trying to be funny...but you really believe this man? Like seriously...

If he's ran every program he's been in a certain way...what makes you think it stopped at UK? If anything...UK gave him an even bigger platform and budget to operate in.

You really don't think all these one and done's are getting checks?

If he's ran every program he's been in a certain way...what makes you think it stopped at UK? If anything...UK gave him an even bigger platform and budget to operate in.

why?

You think Cal needs to pay people to come to kentucky? :lol:

The proof aint in the pudding at this point?

If you a top recruit and you want to be one and done, Kentucky aint the best place?

I can't prove they don't,I do think Cal is a master at bending the rules and finding loopholes without technically breaking the rules..I will admit UK operates in a grey area sometimes.Plenty examples of that...

I can't prove they don't,I do think Cal is a master at bending the rules and finding loopholes without technically breaking the rules..I will admit UK operates in a grey area sometimes.Plenty examples of that...
laugh.gif
 A program with a history of cheating and a coach with a history of cheating are masters of "bending the rules". I agree that Cal probably doesn't need to cheat much anymore. UK is the premiere CBB program right now. Pumping out pros, primetime games, and consistently attaining success in the tourney. But, in those instances where a little something extra is needed to convince someone to trek to Lexington, I don't doubt one bit that there's foul play going on.

He'll still cheat, have Nike provide kickbacks or however the money train runs and has for the biggest of fish (AD, Nerlens). He doesn't have to do so for the Tyler Ulis' of the world but There is no 'well, I'll go to Kentucky because they've done so and so' when talking about the ELITE kids. There's always someone pulling strings one way or another. There's just too many politics and too many people that get involved to just sit on the UK brand and have that sell itself. But the depth of his roster pays off with that - kids outside of the top 10 lineup to go there.

Adidas is what has been flying under the radar lately. Wiggins, Muhammad and now Jaylen Brown and Maker are all pay for play.

Last edited:
He'll still cheat, have Nike provide kickbacks or however the money train runs and has for the biggest of fish (AD, Nerlens). He doesn't have to do so for the Tyler Ulis' of the world but There is no 'well, I'll go to Kentucky because they've done so and so' when talking about the ELITE kids. There's always someone pulling strings one way or another. There's just too many politics and too many people that get involved to just sit on the UK brand and have that sell itself. But the depth of his roster pays off with that - kids outside of the top 10 lineup to go there.

Adidas is what has been flying under the radar lately. Wiggins, Muhammad and now Jaylen Brown and Maker are all pay for play.

Wiggins pay for play huh? You guys are paranoid.

:lol:

Wiggins was not paid by anyone to go to Kansas I feel pretty confident in saying that. :lol:

You're being naive. Adidas put BIG money up. I don't know this as 100% fact but I was told it got up to over a million to get him to KU from someone who has no reason to lie/be lied to. Not a coincidence he signed with Adidas last month.

Last edited:
Man all those kids get paid and want money.

UK might be a one and done factory but if other schools are tossing duffels full of money at kids, best believe UK kids are going to want to see some money too regardless of their rep.

Same with Andrew...all the hype behind him all those schools had to be throwing money at him, including KU. That's the game.

You're being naive. Adidas put BIG money up.

sure and there were rumors of a giant Nike contract awaiting while he was in Kansas.

not to mention Wiggins kept EVERYONE, including his family in the dark right up until he announced.

not a single person during his come up is involved with addidas, aau, high school all Nike.

he wasn't even recruited that hard until the end becasue people thought it was a lock FSU/UK

Difficult to believe that if "BIG money" was offered, that basically no one had any clue where he was going.

I think you guys totally overstate how much is being given or offered to these recruits.

Last edited:
I heard AD's recruitment was clean as well. Clearly, Nerlen's wasn't. But was that Cal or the handlers? Slippery slope.

Sure. And literally nobody knew where a kid like Nerlens was going until he turned his head around on TV. Only he had met with Lynn Merritt the week prior and UK was a done deal. Power players can often create that silence. Was Kansas not a peculiar pick at the time? Maybe it was clean, but I've always trusted who I got that info from.

And It may not be substantial money in most cases going to the player or family directly but hands are always being greased. And most of the time it's not even about the current kid - it's who might be following him in a year or 5 years.

There is no 'well, I'll go to Kentucky because they've done so and so' when talking about the ELITE kids. There's always someone pulling strings one way or another.
This.

Outside of a select few of the UK one and dones...most of those kids would have been one and done anywhere.

Ya'll really think dudes are going there JUST to get great coaching before the NBA and play for a storied program?

It's 2014.

@AI3xis I hear Stephen Zimmerman's mom doesn't even hide their dirt. 

Last edited:

Believe it was $80+M over 10 years, with control as team president. Yet he opted for 7/$52.5M to remain at UK.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...arly-80-million-10-years-coach-team-president

It was made public around the first week of June I think, so the Finals weren't over yet
From memory, it was either before or during the NBA Finals.

Nerlens definitely got some shady people in his camp.
His team of advisers always bothered me.

Andrew harrison looks alot leaner

Ulis out here cooking tho

Last edited:
I will be joining the Ulis bandwagon now dude is :smokin

Stats:
Marcus Lee- 2 steals,1 assist,6 boards,9 points
Tyler Ulis-3 rebounds,5 assists,2 steals,2 points
Poythress - 6 boards,1 block,10 points
Booker- 1 board,1 assist,2 steals,9 points
Aaron Harrison- 1 rebound,1 assist,2 steals,15 points
Andrew Harrison- 4 boards,4 assists,4 points
Dakari - 6 boards,1 assist,2 steals,6 points