The Brandon Jennings Thread (Will Be Updated Regularly)

Originally Posted by Executive76

81ackMamba wrote:
Brandon Jennings putting in work against the Nuggets!

I never thought I'd say this, but I need to start watching some Milwaukee Bucks games.
Yea he's putting in work. Taking advantage of terrible defense.

grin.gif
. Rose needs to watch a few of his games too.

I'm sayin. Rose is regressing IMO.
sick.gif
at Jennings tonight.
laugh.gif
at Knicks fans. What a decade!

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

where's doublejs07 at?
If that gump puts up that statline or better next season (playing more than 65 games)... I'll HAPPILY retire my doublejs07 screen name....

Sweating yet fam?
whats the state line?
chalkline.jpg

32/4/9

hold on, when did DoubleJ say that? and what was he refering to?

[h1]Jennings missing from all-star ballot[/h1]
By Charles F. Gardner of the Journal Sentinel
Nov. 11, 2009

The Bucks have three players on the NBA all-star ballot: center Andrew Bogut, guard Michael Redd and forward Hakim Warrick.

Those all are good choices. But should rookie sensation Brandon Jennings be on the list, too?

The only rookie on the ballot is Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin, who is sidelined with an injury. But he was placed on the ballotdue to his status as the top pick in the June draft.

Marc Stein of ESPN.com writes about how the all-starcandidates are selected in an interesting piece and says rookies normally have to wait their turn. But when rookies are starting ahead of veterans (Jennings inMilwaukee and Jonny Flynn in Minnesota, for example), they deserve greater consideration.

Stein points out that the panel of writers had to make its choices in early October, long before the regular season started.

Remember that Yi Jianlian received tons of write-in votes when he was a Bucks rookie during the 2007-'08 season, based on his popularity in China. Soit's conceivable that Jennings could get a write-in campaign going, if he can continue his solid start to the season.

At any rate, the Bucks point guard likely will be part of the all-star weekend in Dallas in the Rookie Challenge game.

Bucks fans can begin voting for their all-star picks Wednesday night when the Bucks meet the Denver Nuggets at the Bradley Center, or at NBA.com or viamobile phones by texting the player's last name to 6-9-6-2-2 (MYNBA) on T-Mobile phones or wap.nba.com for any wireless carrier.

The All-Star Game will be played Feb. 14 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Stern getting back at him for his draft entrance.
smh.gif

All-Star balloting is a joke, and we all know that. Barkley is right, stop allowing fan voting.

this guy makes me believe the Bucks have chance at the playoffs, which i havent felt for a couple years now...hopefully when Redd gets back it doesnt mess upthe chemistry, they seem to play better when hes not in the lineup

Originally Posted by elevenairs

this guy makes me believe the Bucks have chance at the playoffs, which i havent felt for a couple years now...hopefully when Redd gets back it doesnt mess up the chemistry, they seem to play better when hes not in the lineup
cuz all redd does is shoot, and nothing else. and he needs tons of shots. they need to trade him and make jennings the guy.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

I have no clue why Jordan Hill is a knick
In early June, there was anything but a consensus on what kind of NBA player he'd become, and NBA executives and scouts traveling to theReebok Eurocamp were furious that Jennings was a last-minute scratch.

According to one veteran general manager:
"We all came to see whether this kid can really play. I'd heard the hype, watched the video and heard various opinions from my scouts. I wanted to see how he stacked up against other top kids his age. Then he doesn't show. He sure isn't making this easy on us. You want to like the kid, but he ain't giving you a lot to go on."

now imagine if the kid had bombed so far and the knicks never got to properly evaluate him, they'd be killed.

Happy that the kid is proving the doubters wrong.

Especially happy since he's on 2 of my fantasy teams.
laugh.gif

Thanks for proving my faith in drafting you early bud.
pimp.gif

He reminds me of allen iverson so much. His jumpshot is already ahead of his. In the open floor, he is breathtaking. In the half court, he is proving to bephenomonal in the pick and roll.

He is a potential 3+ steals winner in the league. As I watched the game yesterday, he can pour it in in the clutch. He has the aura of a superstar, and whenyou say that about a player that plays for the bucks, that is saying something.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

In early June, there was anything but a consensus on what kind of NBA player he'd become, and NBA executives and scouts traveling to the Reebok Eurocamp were furious that Jennings was a last-minute scratch.

"We all came to see whether this kid can really play. I'd heard the hype, watched the video and heard various opinions from my scouts. I wanted to see how he stacked up against other top kids his age. Then he doesn't show. He sure isn't making this easy on us. You want to like the kid, but he ain't giving you a lot to go on."

now imagine if the kid had bombed so far and the knicks never got to properly evaluate him, they'd be killed.

True I guess

Originally Posted by Al3xis

In early June, there was anything but a consensus on what kind of NBA player he'd become, and NBA executives and scouts traveling to the Reebok Eurocamp were furious that Jennings was a last-minute scratch.

True I guess

They brought him in for workouts, which supposedly went well. I think they were scared off by his "rep," which was ******ed in the first place.Donnie %!+@%% up big time plain and simple. The fact we could have had a backcourt of Eric Gordon and BJ is depressing. I wish we somehow could have kept'Zeke for drafting purposes cause Donnie sucks in the draft.

In alot of ways Jennings and the Bucks are perfect fit. He needed them and they needed him.

They give him an opportunity and was probably one of the only teams in position to have him come in and run the show from day one. If the Bucks pass on BrandonJennings...he slides down in the late first round. They also give him a small town, quiet atmosphere away from all the hoopla. For his reputation, Milwaukee isthe perfect place to focus on basketball as opposed to New York, Golden State, or one of those places.

He gives them a potential "it" guy. A "star's aura" somewhat. Redd hasn't been that guy like they hoped...Bogut is solid buthe's not a star...Alexander might possibly be one of the worst lottery picks this decade. Jennings has come into the franchise and making his own the faceof the franchise.

Redd getting hurt is the best thing to happen to the team this year. Hope we move redd before the end of the year and bring in someone that can run the courtwith bjen and not jack up a 3 on a 3 on 2 break. Anyone worried about fatigue setting in at the end of the year? Bucks will make the playoffs and bjen will beROY!

Back
Top Bottom